Anyone know what the headways of the Q50 are suppose to be like

Lennyj17

Same as QBX1 Flushing service...or are they going to increase it....

if they're adding suppose to be adding more stops along the Bruckner to make up for the loss of the BX5 direct to PBP...I hope they increase the headways....

I've always said the QBX1 Flushing needs better headways, there's much more demand for the service than the headways suggest.....I know many people who use to take the BX5 when it was direct on the Bruckner down to the Q44 to get to Qns because of the faster service.

if they're adding suppose to be adding more stops along the Bruckner to make up for the loss of the BX5 direct to PBP...I hope they increase the headways....

I've always said the QBX1 Flushing needs better headways, there's much more demand for the service than the headways suggest.....I know many people who use to take the BX5 when it was direct on the Bruckner down to the Q44 to get to Qns because of the faster service.

I dont have the new schedules yet for the new Q50 starting in Sept. but for now I think the headways will be almost the same as the QBX1 especially in these tough economic times. The only way headways are better for the Q50 is that the travel time is less due to fact it no longer serving all of COOP City.

I do agree with you Lenny the soon to be former QBX1 needs better headways/service and maybe artics as well. Buses running every 20-30 minutes on almost all trips on weekends is terrible.

The Q50 should be every 10 minutes rush hours and 12-15 minutes most of the day every day. Buses should run every 20-30 minutes late evenings only after 10pm.

While the new BX23 serving Pelham Bay-COOP City should be every 5 minutes rush hours and every 10 minutes most of the day until at least 11pm at night similar headways to the B42 in Canarise, Brooklyn. The BX23 should also be a 24/7 route with 30-minute headways overnights.

EDIT: Looks like the connection is before the Whitestone Cinemas area, about 1-2 blocks walk. It would be easier if all buses could stop at the Whitestone Cinemas itself and directly connect there.

Bx5 never had a direct connection to the Q44 S/B since it doesn't stop anywhere by Whitestone Cinemas.

I guess people must've hoofed it to the other side of the Bruckner to the stop right before the Q44 got on the ramp for the Whitestone....

I do know waiting at PBP when we just missed the Flushing QBx1 that this guy said its faster for him to take the BX5 to the Q44 rather than wait for another QBx1...so I imagine there was some walking involved to make the transfer.

I guess people must've hoofed it to the other side of the Bruckner to the stop right before the Q44 got on the ramp for the Whitestone....

I do know waiting at PBP when we just missed the Flushing QBx1 that this guy said its faster for him to take the BX5 to the Q44 rather than wait for another QBx1...so I imagine there was some walking involved to make the transfer.

Actually, there is one location where the S/B buses get close Bx5 Bruckner Boulevard & Havemeyer Avenue, walk about 1-2 blocks up to Q44 Cross Bronx Service Road (East 177th Street) & Blackrock Avenue, after the Bx5 leaves the Whitestone Cinemas area.

Also those people are likely going to be standing up across the Whitestone Bridge. Doing the reverse would also require some walking to get from Queens to Pelham Bay Park.

Welk i guess if ur in a hurry a seat is the last thing u care about.....u want the fastest service possible and those 1/2 hr waits for the QBx1 are killer.....again the alternative was back when the the Bx5 was direct on the Bruckner.....now that it has to deviate i dont know if it saves any time over the one seat ride

This thread makes me die on the inside.

Anyway.

I doubt the headways will be any different. From what I heard, the schedules will be similar, just under two different names.

Which is why I fought tooth and nail to prevent this in the first place.

This thread makes me die on the inside.

Anyway.

I doubt the headways will be any different. From what I heard, the schedules will be similar, just under two different names.

Which is why I fought tooth and nail to prevent this in the first place.

What I think they should have done was have the QBx1 become limited only, while having the Bx23 and Q50 run the local service.

What I think they should have done was have the QBx1 become limited only, while having the Bx23 and Q50 run the local service.

So buddy where would the QBX1 run to? I don't think the Q50 is as bad as ppl. make it out to be.

Personally i would merge the QBX1 and Q48 (called the Q48)and run it non-stop between Main/Northern (after serving the Main and Roosvelt)and East Tremont/Buckner and terminate it at Pelham Bay.

Provides all of the NE Bronx a direct bus to/from LGA.

The Q50 would run between Main/Roosvelt (7) station and Bay Plaza via PBP station serving Coop sections 4-5.

And the BX23 between PBP and Dyre Ave station serving all of COOP.

So buddy where would the QBX1 run to? I don't think the Q50 is as bad as ppl. make it out to be.

Personally i would merge the QBX1 and Q48 (called the Q48)and run it non-stop between Main/Northern (after serving the Main and Roosvelt)and East Tremont/Buckner and terminate it at Pelham Bay.

The Q50 would run between Main/Roosvelt (7) station and Bay Plaza via PBP station serving Coop sections 4-5.

Q48 and QBx1 merge is a fantastic idea.

What I think should happen with the QBx1 renaming is this:

Q50 - Flushing - Co-op City service (like the current QBx1 queens trips). There would only be two service patterns - Flushing - PBP - 1-2-3-4-5 and Flushing - PBP - 5-4-3-2-1.

Recently while taking the bus home from PBP, I've heard complaints about riders not wanting to get on a 1-2-3-4-5 bus if they live in section 5, but by the time they get on a section 5 bus they see the 1-2-3-4-5 bus already there. This would solve that problem by not shafting section 5 riders. It would also get rid of the many variations in service when the bus reaches the Bronx.

Bx23 - Co-op City service. Just like the Q50, it would go PBP - 1-2-3-4-5 or PBP - 5-4-3-2-1. I heard there were plans for a Co-op city limited in the works; if that's true, I would make some Bx23 trips limited instead of Q50 trips, so Co-op city residents wouldn't have to go to a limited stop just to reach Queens.

I dont have the new schedules yet for the new Q50 starting in Sept. but for now I think the headways will be almost the same as the QBX1 especially in these tough economic times. The only way headways are better for the Q50 is that the travel time is less due to fact it no longer serving all of COOP City.

I do agree with you Lenny the soon to be former QBX1 needs better headways/service and maybe artics as well. Buses running every 20-30 minutes on almost all trips on weekends is terrible.

The Q50 should be every 10 minutes rush hours and 12-15 minutes most of the day every day. Buses should run every 20-30 minutes late evenings only after 10pm.

While the new BX23 serving Pelham Bay-COOP City should be every 5 minutes rush hours and every 10 minutes most of the day until at least 11pm at night similar headways to the B42 in Canarise, Brooklyn. The BX23 should also be a 24/7 route with 30-minute headways overnights.

Who says its not serving all of Co-Op City?They have it going through it to Section 5 and then go back the same way like how the Bx26,28,30 used to before the service cuts.

Who says its not serving all of Co-Op City?They have it going through it to Section 5 and then go back the same way like how the Bx26,28,30 used to before the service cuts.

I thought the new BX23 was serving all of COOP and the Q50(former QBX1)only section 5 and Bay Plaza? :confused: Maybe i wrong so someone please confirm with link of map of new Q50.

I thought the new BX23 was serving all of COOP and the Q50(former QBX1)only section 5 and Bay Plaza? :confused: Maybe i wrong so someone please confirm with link of map of new Q50.

Oh it better not just serve Section 5. That would be pure bullshit if that happens.

Oh it better not just serve Section 5. That would be pure bullshit if that happens.

Q50: 1-2-3-4-5 and 5-4-3-2-1. Does not enter Dreiser or Asch.

Bx23 offpeak: same as Q50, entering Dreiser and Asch, terminating at PBP.

Bx23 peak: 1-2-3-4 and 4-3-2-1, as well as a PBP-5 clockwise shuttle.

My understanding is the Q50 is supposed to start at Co-op City / Earhart Lane and operate via all sections of Co-op City the way the old routes did. yet ive also heard it would just operate to Bay Plaza. But as far as the Bx23, i hope for northern co-op's sake mtab increases headways. Because if the Q50 only goes to Bay Plaza, then that means even less coverage up there unless MTAB adds addition runs to the Bx23.

Good luck getting the unions to approve of that. This would be one thing if the Q48 was an ex-PBL route, but somehow I don't think such a merge would be approved unless they were to agree to a 'trade'.

You know what would be freakin' excellent? A bloody service notice! Hello? It's September. I need to know whether or not to wait for a Bx23 or a Q50 or magic carpet...

I feel like the MTA is not taking this change seriously at all. And it's a pretty big change! If they're going to go through with it, go through with it one hundred percent. Inform riders. Put up signs. Get it started!

You know what would be freakin' excellent? A bloody service notice! Hello? It's September. I need to know whether or not to wait for a Bx23 or a Q50 or magic carpet...

I feel like the MTA is not taking this change seriously at all. And it's a pretty big change! If they're going to go through with it, go through with it one hundred percent. Inform riders. Put up signs. Get it started!

Remember, we are getting this info from B/O's, board materials, and other materials the average rider with internet access probably didn't see. The service notices will go up after the signs (Q58 LTD as an example), so don't expect any till ~3 days before change.

Any bus stop signs up yet???

Remember, we are getting this info from B/O's, board materials, and other materials the average rider with internet access probably didn't see. The service notices will go up after the signs (Q58 LTD as an example), so don't expect any till ~3 days before change.

Any bus stop signs up yet???

No, which is odd. From what I understand, the next pick is September 12. When June's service changes came about, signs were up two-three weeks prior. There are no new signs anywhere in the area.

Also, I've seen service change notices around the Bronx for other route changes, such as the Bx1 and Bx2 being restructured on the Concourse. The MTA is obviously advertising other changes, but not this one.

Way to be negligent...

EDIT: I hope you didn't think I was referring to the board when I said I wanted service changes! I was talking about the MTA, you guys rock, lol

No, which is odd. From what I understand, the next pick is September 12. When June's service changes came about, signs were up two-three weeks prior. There are no new signs anywhere in the area.

Also, I've seen service change notices around the Bronx for other route changes, such as the Bx1 and Bx2 being restructured on the Concourse. The MTA is obviously advertising other changes, but not this one.

Way to be negligent...

EDIT: I hope you didn't think I was referring to the board when I said I wanted service changes! I was talking about the MTA, you guys rock, lol

Bx23 and Q50 are in the tripplanner now, select September 12 and later

My understanding is the Q50 is supposed to start at Co-op City / Earhart Lane and operate via all sections of Co-op City the way the old routes did. yet ive also heard it would just operate to Bay Plaza. But as far as the Bx23, i hope for northern co-op's sake mtab increases headways. Because if the Q50 only goes to Bay Plaza, then that means even less coverage up there unless MTAB adds addition runs to the Bx23.

IINM, the Q50 will not pull into Section 1 and remain on Co-op City Boulevard through there. I'm not sure if it will serve Asch Loop either.

Archived