30 new Conductors/T/Os for October classes

Andrew

The way how things are going it is going to be a very long time before they start calling from the list from the exam that we took. In my opinion I'm not depending on transit at this time the way how things are going with them. I'm just looking else where....

I will most likely pass it up the 1st time I get the call, unless I am unemployed at the time. I can't rule out the MTA just yet, I need and want to start the pension clock so I can transfer my time over to DSNY if and when the time comes.

It would be something else if they both called me around the same time after waiting for years,:confused:

I just made a phone call and they are planning to hire September and October, but the class dates have not been set up yet, just that it will be September and October. The numbers I got were 20 T/O and 20 C/R. The T/O will be called from the new promotional list and the C/R will be called from the current C/R promotional list. The last place hired on the current promotional C/R list is 112, so 113 and later should be contacted soon, assuming they don't cancel this class as well like the last few. The people who are still waiting on the old O/C T/O list are out of luck. You will definitely not be getting called.

just commented in the MTA Subway Section of this forum saw a post that SUPPOSEDLY they are to conduct a audit of the MTA and the abuse of OT, and I was in NY a few weeks back and a MTA worker on the train said she just worked 16hours :(. And at the time i was thinking if they wanted to save money HIRE more ppl and have more of a routine sched. Obvisoulsy who knows what will/ could happen but maybe just maybe this helps to hire more ppl in the future and prevent layoffs TBD :)

just commented in the MTA Subway Section of this forum saw a post that SUPPOSEDLY they are to conduct a audit of the MTA and the abuse of OT, and I was in NY a few weeks back and a MTA worker on the train said she just worked 16hours...

Working a double is not an abuse of overtime. If the TA has a job available and they need someone to work OT, then you can do it. It's 100% legal and is a win/win situation for both sides. The TA gets the job done and the worker gets a few extra quid.

What the audit is looking for is UNJUSTIFIABLE overtime.

Working a double is not an abuse of overtime. If the TA has a job available and they need someone to work OT, then you can do it. It's 100% legal and is a win/win situation for both sides. The TA gets the job done and the worker gets a few extra quid.

What the audit is looking for is UNJUSTIFIABLE overtime.

Totally with you man, nothing wrong with making xtra coin for you guys. How bout a purfecttt scenerio where a huge group retires w good pensions...they hire all of us on the T/O List and we all make xtra coin on OT hahaha oohhh i just heard the alarm clock time to get up ahhhhh

Totally with you man, nothing wrong with making xtra coin for you guys. How bout a purfecttt scenerio where a huge group retires w good pensions...they hire all of us on the T/O List and we all make xtra coin on OT hahaha oohhh i just heard the alarm clock time to get up ahhhhh

There will always be OT, even for rookies. :(

• 3 weeks later...

The new Train Operators will be coming from the latest Promotional list #8562. I myself am in the top 100 of that list. Three of my buds ahead of me on the list have gone to take their medical this week. Common sense tells me that they must have more than one class. Why bother putting together school car for a single class of 20 T/O's? I'm hoping they put in a couple of classes. I've seen many many T/O's retire over the last 4 yrs. I'm certain there is a need to replenish. Would be nice if our wonderful union knew anything about this to keep us informed.:P

The new Train Operators will be coming from the latest Promotional list #8562. I myself am in the top 100 of that list. Three of my buds ahead of me on the list have gone to take their medical this week. Common sense tells me that they must have more than one class. Why bother putting together school car for a single class of 20 T/O's? I'm hoping they put in a couple of classes. I've seen many many T/O's retire over the last 4 yrs. I'm certain there is a need to replenish. Would be nice if our wonderful union knew anything about this to keep us informed.:P

20 is not that small of a class. There have been smaller classes before. There have also been bigger classes before. How many are in the class doesn't matter, it's how many they need and how many that pass schoolcar that TA cares about.

The new Train Operators will be coming from the latest Promotional list #8562. I myself am in the top 100 of that list. Three of my buds ahead of me on the list have gone to take their medical this week. Common sense tells me that they must have more than one class. Why bother putting together school car for a single class of 20 T/O's? I'm hoping they put in a couple of classes. I've seen many many T/O's retire over the last 4 yrs. I'm certain there is a need to replenish. Would be nice if our wonderful union knew anything about this to keep us informed.:(

When I got promoted to M/M there were 30 of us, split 15 A, and 15 B. I was told that we were replacing 51 retired or promoted M/M. Even back then they weren't doing a one to one replacement. As a matter of fact we were ALLOWED to work as C/Rs on our RDOs and on specials, even though we had been promoted to M/M. With all of the budget woes the (MTA) claims to have it wouldn't surprise me if they don't replace everyone who leaves but only a percentage of the retirees, leaving the remaining employees to pick up the slack. BTW Local 100 had/has no input on the hiring practices of NYCT. They have little or no input where the real money is concerned. That's bean counter turf.

When I got promoted to M/M there were 30 of us, split 15 A, and 15 B. I was told that we were replacing 51 retired or promoted M/M. Even back then they weren't doing a one to one replacement. As a matter of fact we were ALLOWED to work as C/Rs on our RDOs and on specials, even though we had been promoted to M/M. With all of the budget woes the (MTA) claims to have it wouldn't surprise me if they don't replace everyone who leaves but only a percentage of the retirees, leaving the remaining employees to pick up the slack. BTW Local 100 had/has no input on the hiring practices of NYCT. They have little or no input where the real money is concerned. That's bean counter turf.

Well, the TWU Local 100 will be " counting" a bunch of beans from us over the next 6 months. To the tune of 3.5 Mil. Ahhhh I am truly in the wrong business.

I just made a phone call and they are planning to hire September and October, but the class dates have not been set up yet, just that it will be September and October. The numbers I got were 20 T/O and 20 C/R. The T/O will be called from the new promotional list and the C/R will be called from the current C/R promotional list. The last place hired on the current promotional C/R list is 112, so 113 and later should be contacted soon, assuming they don't cancel this class as well like the last few. The people who are still waiting on the old O/C T/O list are out of luck. You will definitely not be getting called.

Any word about hiring for B/O?

My T/O class 30 to B Div tryed to work as C/R's on our RDO's but the TWU would not allow us to work "Out of Title" since we were Promoted to T/O's.

Archived