Muslim employee: Disney banned her head scarf

BJC

I'm not Muslim but I do have an ounce of sympathy for her, it's her religion and she shouldn't have to choose (although clearly religion should come first). But hey it is what it is, there's thousands of other places to work, no need to make a scene.

Lmfao @ Urbanfortitude, I'm still rolling from that comment.

The muslims are like the jews, they still oppress their women and impose ridiculous rules on them.. The jewish women have to wear a wig over their head once they are married so no other men can see their hair..The muslims use a scarf or rag or whatever...

This is the reason why France banned this already...

The muslims are like the jews, they still oppress their women and impose ridiculous rules on them.. The jewish women have to wear a wig over their head once they are married so no other men can see their hair..The muslims use a scarf or rag or whatever....

Actually, the burqua/hijab is optional within Muslim families. There's a significant portion of female Muslims who opt not to wear them. As for the oppression issue within the religion, that varies from country to country (the Quran doesn't state that it's okay to beat your wife to a bloody pulp, or pour acid in her face if she reads a book). Common misconception about the religion though.

Kind of an old story, but as said already: the dress code is the dress code. Plus this is a private company - they don't have to answer to anyone compared to if it was a public or government job.

This person is either making a fuss over nothing or an attention seeking whore. There is no case.

As for the head scarf - I have no problems with that, but when the woman has to wear the 'face cover', that I highly doubt is due to free will. A few years ago in Queens, I saw a woman wear basically a 'Taliban era' attire. Head to toe, you can't even see any part of her other than the hands. I understand that this is 'the land of the free', but to me that woman didn't seem free.

Actually, the burqua/hijab is optional within Muslim families. There's a significant portion of female Muslims who opt not to wear them. As for the oppression issue within the religion, that varies from country to country (the Quran doesn't state that it's okay to beat your wife to a bloody pulp, or pour acid in her face if she reads a book). Common misconception about the religion though.

and allow me to answer messino's misconceptions on the jewish religion, again that type of stuff is optional within the jewish religion as well, however there are the orthodox groups that do all the little things like that.

and allow me to answer messino's misconceptions on the jewish religion, again that type of stuff is optional within the jewish religion as well, however there are the orthodox groups that do all the little things like that.

maybe it is optional within the reform jews which account up to 45% of Americas Jews but It is mandatory within the conservative, orthodox and hasidic sects.

maybe it is optional within the reform jews which account up to 45% of Americas Jews but It is mandatory within the conservative, orthodox and hasidic sects.

only orthodox and up, its not required in the conservative sect, I would know because that's what my family is ;) Some do some dont, a lot of it comes down to family traditions and such

I'm not saying to dress like Madonna or Lady GaGa, but I have no respect for women who hide their faces behind veils or masks. A true religion doesn't subjugate its followers.

Yet again I am compelled to say:

Religion sucks. Let it burn in that fictional place called "hell" along with the other lies of human history.

Wear the damn dress code and shut yer trap. Don't like it, quit. But don't go begging for unemployment when you do.

Not afraid, a dress code is the dress code. If they bend to one person, then everyone else will want favortism. If the woman wants her head scarf so much, then she should look for another job that allows it.

True,you just have to go by their dress code or look for another place that will allow a headscarf.

Archived