Katy Perry's 'Sesame Street' duet with Elmo has been pulled for being too cleavage-filled

Shortline Bus

Katy Perry's 'Sesame Street' duet with Elmo has been pulled for being too cleavage-filled

By Soraya Roberts

NY DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Thursday, September 23rd 2010

Katy Perry can't seem to keep her parts private.

Days after her fiance, Russell Brand, was arrested for attacking a photographer who aimed a camera up her dress, Perry's "Sesame Street" promo video has been yanked for being too racy.

After several complaints, the show's producers have opted not to air the segment that features the 24-year-old singer singing a duet with Elmo while dressed in a low-cut yellow-green heart-shaped dress, a sheer piece of material covering her ample cleavage.

"In light of the feedback we've received on the Katy Perry music video which was released on You Tube only, we have decided we will not air the segment on the television broadcast of Sesame Street, which is aimed at preschoolers," the show's producers said in a statement. "Katy Perry fans will still be able to view the video on You Tube."

The 24-year-old singer didn't appear too upset about the incident on Thursday when she took to Twitter to comment on the statement.

"Wow, looks like my play date with Elmo has been cut short!" she tweeted. In the video, which earned over 1 million views on YouTube Monday, Perry is seen bouncing after Elmo while singing a version of "Hot N Cold" that focuses on the puppet waffling over their play date instead of an up-and-down relationship.

"You can practically see her t---," one person commented, according to the website. "That's some wonderful children's programming."

Another one quipped that, "they're gonna have to rename it cleavage avenue."

Perry, who on Wednesday tweeted, "I can totally tell you how to get to Sesame Street! I've been, Elmo & I hang out," has not yet responded to the change in programming.

This is not the first time Elmo has gotten the bum's rush after a celebrity segment.

Last February, "Sesame Street" pulled Chris Brown's Aug. 13, 2007, appearance with the vibrant puppet in which he sings "See the Signs."

The move came after the singer was arrested and charged after an altercation with girlfriend Rihanna in which she sustaned serious injuries.

Katy Perry's episode was set to air on New Year's Eve."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2010/09/23/2010-09-23_katy_perrys_sesame_street_duet_with_elmo_has_been_pulled_for_being_too_cleavagef.html#ixzz10OwjS2oG

LOL that's not even really her chest! She's wearing something that goes up to her neck, look closely.

PTA parent types are really morons.

Oh, and Katy Perry is very good looking. I'd hit that.

:tup::tup::tup:

LOL that's not even really her chest! She's wearing something that goes up to her neck, look closely.

PTA parent types are really morons.

Oh, and Katy Perry is very good looking. I'd hit that.

yeah your right, cuz in real life she has d's, I know cuz she was on howard one time and the question came up on the size.

Can you count to two, boys and girls?

One...two. Very good!

Put your tongue back in your mouth, Billy.

Heh...that reminds me of the first time I walked into a hooters when I was with a few friends in the 8th grade. Waitress comes in with her name badge pinner onto her shirt over her left breast.

And someone goes: "Tracy...that's cute...what'd you name the other one?"

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I find nothing wrong with the video. There wasn't that much clevage showing. I guarantee ya some teachers show more clevage than that.

I'd hit that too lol :tup::drool::tup:

With the amount of time I facepalmed to reading the article, my hand should be glued to my forehead ;) They can let a pedo in purple suit do borderline gay things with children but they take Katy Perry off cuz of that nice rack of hers? Maybe if she was in a purple suit fondling Elmo then they'll let it slide...

So glad I'm not a kid growing up in these times. I just think of half the stuff that would have been cut/censored/banned from TV if people had their way in the 80s and 90s. It's BS and people need to grow some tolerance and a sense of perspective.

This Katy Perry situation is overblown. I seen far less on watching other family shows 'i.e '90210' "Gossip Girl' just to name a few.However it does point out how even 'family shows' like Sesame Street is bowing to get ratings and inviting celebrities who should not be on kids shows. Part of the blame IMO for this issue 'deregulation' of the entire TV/media business in which money overtook some morals. Back in the day as late as the early '90's, 'free tv' was required by the FCC to show at least 2 hours a day of 'family programming.' Not trying to advocate censorship but all of the 'free' broadcast station even including PBS(ch.13 in NYC)think in this era of 200-plus digital channels, they are MTV, Comedy Channel or HBO which they not.

Again, not trying to sound like a Bible Belt conservative as most of you know I believe in 'common sense, but if I was a Dad to a 6-year old using common sense I would not thrilled to see for instance, Ms. Perry, Lady Gaga, or Snoop Dogg, being on a kid's show like Sesame Street either and exposing an outfit/lack of clothes, better off being shown on Playboy TV. :tdown:

My take is the line between 'adult' and teen/children's entertainment mainly with sexual overtones has been almost erased by greedy TV execs who only care about themselves i.e tv ratings, making money and cares nothing about society as a whole. There is a huge difference between being a 'guest' on the Leno/Letterman shows and Sesame Street

The Producers/staff at Sesame Street' need to think carefully who they invite as guests? Before long, Lindsay Lohan, the Penthouse 'playmate of the year' and the cast of 'Jersey Shore' will be singing with Elmo or playing chess with Big Bird.

And part of the reason many of our kids in America often now lack morals i.e Middle School Girls wearing bathing suits to class, excessive cursing on the lower grade level, etc.

Kids today lack morals because their parents expect TV to instill it in them for them rather than being good parents.

While their parents are off fighting crusades against video game producers and TV directors, they are not being good parents and their kids don't learn the difference.

Stifling kids and not exposing them to things doesn't teach morals, it leads to the lack of morals when the kids leave the nest and discover those things on their own.

There is no substitute for being a good parent no matter how much these bad parent hack losers try to spin this.

Stifling things just encourages kids to do or try them more, haven't these PTA jackasses learned anything from how alcoholism has increased among teens since drinking became so anathema?

Archived