NYC residents - what's your favorite borough?

Joel Up Front

My least favorite borough is Queens, only for the reason of its Horrible traffic on its highways. But Manhattan is #1 Everytime I tell someone I'm from manhattan they 'wow' me.

Manhattan makes no. 2 on my list. There's a lot of areas I want to explore in Manhattan one day. I haven't been to the East Side area as much so one day I'll head out there. S.I. comes no. 1 on my list though cuz of the hills. Steep slopes = one very happy skateboarder B)

Technically, I was born in Manhattan but Brooklyn takes the cake. Then comes Manhattan, then Queens, then Staten Island and Bronx

Manhattan makes no. 2 on my list. There's a lot of areas I want to explore in Manhattan one day. I haven't been to the East Side area as much so one day I'll head out there. S.I. comes no. 1 on my list though cuz of the hills. Steep slopes = one very happy skateboarder B)

Lmao there's this one steep hill in Chinatown I love going down but I forgot the name of it. I also go to S.I for the hills espically on Castleton Av

Wirelessly posted via (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DMD64) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

- to live in: Brooklyn

- to holla @ females in: manhattan & the bronx (tied)

- to busfan: Queens

Lmao

Lmao there's this one steep hill in Chinatown I love going down but I forgot the name of it. I also go to S.I for the hills espically on Castleton Av

One day, follow the S61 route from the ferry terminal to the mall; trust me, you will NOT be disappointed! There are a lot of huge downgrades, especially as you get closer to the mall.

Staten is. is the forgetten borough. I keep forgetting it exist.

My favorite borough is Brooklyn! I've lived here all my life. One of my parents live in Flatbush while the other lives in Cypress Hills. I love these neighborhoods, esp Cypress Hills, in which so many memories took place and continue to grow there. (I had my first gf there, she was Puerto Rican and had one of the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. I miss her. B) )

Manhattan is my favorite borough. The other boroughs have pros and cons

Manhattan

Pro

Times Square, Chinatown, Central Park, Met Museum, Rockefeller Center

Con

Manhattan north of 125 Street

Brooklyn

Pro

Brooklyn Bridge, Junior's, Coney Island, Prospect Park, McCarren Park, Nets arena, Marty Markowitz,

Con

Kings Plaza, East New York, too few expressways

The Bronx

Pro

Yankee Stadium, Bronx Zoo, City Island

Con

South Bronx

Queens

Pro

Northeast Queens, Flushing-Meadows Park, Queens Center Mall

Con

Citi Field, Howard Beach, poor transit options

Staten Island

Pro

Staten Island Ferry, Verrazano Bridge, Hylan Blvd strip malls, express buses

Con

Isolated from the other boroughs

Manhattan north of 125 Street

What's so bad above 125 street? Nowadays you would likely be asked for directions by some white boy hipster/yuppy then mugged by "ghetto" people since Washington Heights and nothern Harlem is sadly gentrifying, Inwood on the other hand has always been 'safe.'

What about South Bronx? :eek:

What's so bad above 125 street? Nowadays you would likely be asked for directions by some white boy hipster/yuppy then mugged by "ghetto" people since Washington Heights and nothern Harlem is sadly gentrifying, Inwood on the other hand has always been 'safe.'

I was going to write something about what he wrote, but its a waste of time. He sees things we don't.

Archived