Do you think Japan is a Racist Country?

MTALover

I just wanted to ask, does anyone here view japan as a racist nation full of discrimination? I am just asking because i heard many bad things about japan being an xenophobic country not able to tolerate foreiginers or accept immigrants from other countries making it one of the most racist countries in the world.

The real question is America a Racist Country?

Dude, you like totally made a typo! I mean, it's so easy to accidentally type A-m-e-r-i-c-a rather than J-a-p-a-n. The letters are like, right next to one another!

The real question is America a Racist Country?

Come on stop 553. Unless you been on another planet for last 3 years, what the background of the current President of the USA? Are they bigots and racists here in America without a doubt yes. However, race relations in the US in 2010, is 1,000 % better than even 50 years ago. Back then in most of the south 'people of color' had to deal with 'Jim Crow' laws which was ending.

Back to topic. On the racism question in Japan, the US or beyond. I never been to Japan so I can't comment on it. However racism sadly is a worldwide issue and will probably will exist for the rest of mankind.;)

Just curious MTALover are you Asian/ Japanese descent or been to Japan and seen racism first hand over there?

Come on stop 553. Unless you been on another planet for last 3 years, what the background of the current President of the USA? Are they bigots and racists here in America without a doubt yes. However, race relations in the US in 2010, is 1,000 % better than even 50 years ago. Back then in most of the south 'people of color' had to deal with 'Jim Crow' laws which was ending.

Back to topic. On the racism question in Japan, the US or beyond. I never been to Japan so I can't comment on it. However racism sadly is a worldwide issue and will probably will exist for the rest of mankind.;)

Just curious MTALover are you Asian/ Japanese descent or been to Japan and seen racism first hand over there?

No i am not asian and i have never been to japan. the reason why i brought this up is because i have been reading stuff on the internet saying that japan is the most racist country in the world and i don't know if that is really true or not.:confused:

Just because the president is black has nothing to do with anything. This country brings race into everything.

Japanese people are most prideful in the fact that they are the most homogeneous group in the world. In other words, they like the fact that "mixed race" people aren't amongst them and are fearful of "contaminants" from foreign nations. Bring a party of Chinese people into Japanese places and nobody complains. Bring a white guy or a black guy, and he gets kicked out. If you don't start allowing foreigners into your country, your country gets to stay 100% Japanese. Purity above all else…

I'm not Japanese, but I'll even admit I share that mentality so I understand it more than most other people. If all other countries opened up like America and became "melting pots," where would the country's uniqueness be?

Only race is the human race.

Did you mean nationalist/supremacist? Basically means you think you are better because of where you or your family originated.

- A

No. I meant race. Racial boundaries are arbitrarily defined and have no biological significance, but people set thresholds for certain features of a person that classifies them as part of a certain group (with skin color usually being a glaringly obvious indicator).

I don't have pride in my parent's nationality, but just being "Asian" (the common definition not the technical one) in general.

I think the bombs were unnecessary. They were already defeated.. I think we just did it to flex our new weaponic muscles to the world and used Japan to make an example out of the situation.

The USA wanted to pay Japan back for the attack on Pearl Harbor,so they droped their atomic bombs on Japan.to this day,people are still affected.

I think the bombs were unnecessary. They were already defeated.. I think we just did it to flex our new weaponic muscles to the world and used Japan to make an example out of the situation.

Sorry. I think you probably missed history class when they went over this subject. As hard as it may seem to fathom, the usage of the atomic bombs was needed to save lives. Japan was not already defeated when it was used, far from it. You should read up a bit on the subject.

I just think that all japanese people are racist period. They think they are the greatest people in the world and that they are a superior race due to there knowledge of technology. I don't think that america should be allies with japan at all. that's good that japan got bombed by the united states and they deserved for attacking pearl harbor. I just wish that the united states will be enemies with japan so they can bomb them again if they ever continue to do something stupid with america again.

I just think that all japanese people are racist period. They think they are the greatest people in the world and that they are a superior race due to there knowledge of technology. I don't think that america should be allies with japan at all. that's good that japan got bombed by the united states and they deserved for attacking pearl harbor. I just wish that the united states will be enemies with japan so they can bomb them again if they ever continue to do something stupid with america again.

You are what we call a warmonger, fueled by an ignorant "understanding" of how the world works. Your mindset is the same as countries in the Middle East.

I think they were needed, it was estimate that over 1,000,000 US service men would be killed in an invasion of main land Japan. Up until a few years ago, the Purple Hearts awarded to US soldiers were from the same batch ordered in preparation for an invasion. If the bombs had not been dropped, I don't think japan would have been defeated for several more years if at all.

Japanese people are most prideful in the fact that they are the most homogeneous group in the world. In other words, they like the fact that "mixed race" people aren't amongst them and are fearful of "contaminants" from foreign nations. Bring a party of Chinese people into Japanese places and nobody complains. Bring a white guy or a black guy, and he gets kicked out. If you don't start allowing foreigners into your country, your country gets to stay 100% Japanese. Purity above all else…

It kind of sad.:P

I think they were needed, it was estimate that over 1,000,000 US service men would be killed in an invasion of main land Japan. Up until a few years ago, the Purple Hearts awarded to US soldiers were from the same batch ordered in preparation for an invasion. If the bombs had not been dropped, I don't think japan would have been defeated for several more years if at all.

Also they wouldn't have been second-largest economy as it is today.

I think Japan is xenophobic, not racist. They basically think Americans are simpletons. Japan is the most advanced country in the world in terms of technology.

Yet they suffer from low birth rate and less family time.:(

Archived