M\V Train Combo

Guest MTA Bus

Guest MTA Bus

Did you ever think what would happen If the (V) instead of the (M) was extened to Middle Village - Metropolitian Av. Then we would still have the (V), the (V) would be 100 % ENY R160s, and the (V), yes, would be a 8 car train, but, its better than nothing.

It would be the same thing as of today, accept there wouldnt be an (M)(Mx), they wouldve just eliminated the (Mx), which was the original plan, the (V) was supposed to be extended from Bway-Lafayette To Middle Village, but Myrtle Riders complained about losing the (Mx) letter, so they went with the Orange (M) for 6 Ave and eliminated both the (V) and (Mx). I think the (M) was a good idea, the M letter has more priority and has been here much much longer the (V), so I think they were better off with the (M)

Very old news. (M) residents got more benefit when the doomsday cuts came into play.

Yeah and I hope they're happy cuz the residents of Sunset Park, Borough Park and Bensonhurst got screwed over by the cuts. I'll always be a supporter of the Brown (Mx) and (V).

Yeah how hard is it to figure out what would have happened if it's the (V) instead of the (M).

The Broadway, Fourth Avenue, and some West End riders did lose services when they killed the (W) and the (Mx), but Queens and Nassau Street riders benefit from the (M) because it runs from Queens to Midtown which is what most riders along the area want, and before that they would crowd up the (L). Now because of the (M) it's more useful.

Hopefully when the (MTA) gains more money they would recreate the <R> with a different letter, and they would bring back the (W) for the Astoria and Broadway residents.

Yeah and I hope they're happy cuz the residents of Sunset Park, Borough Park and Bensonhurst got screwed over by the cuts. I'll always be a supporter of the Brown (Mx) and (V).

All the (Mx) did was get in the way of (R) trains. Southbound (Mx) trains were always seemed to be scheduled to meet a (D) train at 36th St and the (D) would always leave first.

Even though it has worked out better then the old (Mx) line? The number of people affected by the loss of the (Mx) is nothing compared to those who are now helped by the (M) because it means that no one was affected by the loss of the (V) except a small number of people at 2nd Av who can take the (M) to Essex or walk and extra few blocks from Bway.

Even though it has worked out better then the old (Mx) line? The number of people affected by the loss of the (Mx) is nothing compared to those who are now helped by the (M) because it means that no one was affected by the loss of the (V) except a small number of people at 2nd Av who can take the (M) to Essex or walk and extra few blocks from Bway.

With all honesty my only gripe about the (Mx)/(M) is that it no longer goes to South Brooklyn because it did decent ridership and it helped the (R) out along Fourth Avenue. I really don't hink the (R) can handle Fourth Avenue by itself with the headways it runs right now (10 TPH, every six minutes) unless it gets a slight increase in frequency (12 TPH, every five minutes). As for the (V) issue, it was full-length and while it was not always "packed", there were times it did get crush-loaded. In addition, in the event that there's a disruption in Brooklyn along the Culver the (V) could have provided extra help by being extended to Kings Highway. With the (M) that is no longer possible as it has its own designated route and the (G) would be virtually useless as Culver riders want Manhattan and not Queens.

All the (Mx) did was get in the way of (R) trains. Southbound (Mx) trains were always seemed to be scheduled to meet a (D) train at 36th St and the (D) would always leave first.

Not always....

As for the (V) issue, it was full-length and while it was not always "packed", there were times it did get crush-loaded. In addition, in the event that there's a disruption in Brooklyn along the Culver the (V) could have provided extra help by being extended to Kings Highway. With the (M) that is no longer possible as it has its own designated route and the (G) would be virtually useless as Culver riders want Manhattan and not Queens..

I don't think I ever saw a (V) go to Kings Highway even when the shit really hit the fan on the road. I think when anything got really bad, the (V) was suspended.

I don't think I ever saw a (V) go to Kings Highway even when the shit really hit the fan on the road. I think when anything got really bad, the (V) was suspended.

Actually, the (V) has gotten sent to Coney Island before, the (F) had big gaps in service so they were sending (V)'s to CI

For the most part the borough would also have to be taken into account. For instance, if there was a there was a delay in (F) service to Brooklyn then they would send it to Kings Highway. Yeah it's not major but they would want to fill in a gap in service. But if the situation was serious then the (E) would run ten minutes apart or yes they would suspend the (V) or even both.

The main goal would be to make the (F) run smoothly because of its length (the (F) was the most unreliable route in 2009) so the (V) gave the necessary backup required, even going into Brooklyn whenever needed. With the (M) it could still provide backup BUT since the (M) has a designated route of its own to go to (Myrtle Avenue Local to Metro Av) then it can't go to Culver and the (F) is basically left to handle the work alone.

Archived