Is it ok to take Photos/Vids of the inside of cabs?

R42 M Train

First off to avoid confusion, I was NOT inside a cab and NEVER will go in a cab until I'm a C/R or a T/O (hopefully):(. I was recording a R68a (N) train entering the station and when the train stopped the cab was right in front of me so I put my cam up to the glass and record the cab's interior. I stop the recording since the train was being held and then I was approached by a T/A worker saying that cannot record the cab. He did not say it wasn't okay to take pics at all, just the cab. I said ok and I said I won't do it again because I dont know how the T/A rules apply to this. So my question is, is it against the rules to record the cab from the OUTSIDE of it?

I remember the time an (M) train m/m asked me if I wanted to get a shot of the cab. I replied saying no thanks. I mean from all the info such as the time, date, car #'s, etc displayed on the NTT's screen, I didn't want to get him in trouble. Can he?

And yes he's a m/m not a t/o. He said he's been a m/m for over fifteen years.

Recording a cab can be considered suspicious activity so be careful if you're going to do it. Police have every right to question what you are doing and TA employees have every right to bang you in. However it's not "per se" against the rules because it's legal to photograph and video, and you're not actually in a restricted area if you're doing it from outside. Technically it's a grey area, but the best thing to do is play it safe since if you get into a confrontation about the rules, they have all the power. It's not worth it just for a picture of a cab.

Some of you kids may be able to try it and then play dumb when an officer arrives with the old "sorry I didn't know" routine and it be OK, but adults and older kids, and older kids with moustaches and facial hair that may not work so easy...

[quote name=

Some of you kids may be able to try it and then play dumb when an officer arrives with the old "sorry I didn't know" routine and it be OK, but adults and older kids, and older kids with moustaches and facial hair that may not work so easy...

LOL ^^

But, what if you did it at the TM? I need to take some shots of the R- 'leven there next weekend, and don't wanna get busted, since I have some facial hair >_O....

you could, but you'll be met with some serious resistance... especially from the arab & african drivers... they do jimmy the meter you know... they are very edgy people....

ah, wait, you meant those other cabs...

not the ones that go beep beep, but the ones that go chug-a-luga chug-a-luga chug-a-luga chug-a-luga CHOO CHOO !!!!!

If your gonna do it, to at YOUR OWN RISK! But dont go into cab like some idiots do like the dude who broke into a cab of an R160 with his friend recording and posted it on youtube.

I see what you mean. I agree with you and what SG said. There are tons of pics of subway cabs on the internet

Haha I remember that video. I think it was deleted because you kept argueing with them lol. Stupid foamers posting a vid of themselves committing a crime showing their faces and posting on the internet. I wish they got caught.

I see what you mean. I agree with you and what SG said. There are tons of pics of subway cabs on the internet

Haha I remember that video. I think it was deleted because you kept argueing with them lol. Stupid foamers posting a vid of themselves committing a crime showing their faces and posting on the internet. I wish they got caught.

dazzz right ;)

And i didnt even know it got deleted

As for cab views.. If you tried at GCT or around the railroad, there are nice engineers to let u in :)! And I wish i get an inside ride of a GENESIS :(

LOL ^^

But, what if you did it at the TM? I need to take some shots of the R- 'leven there next weekend, and don't wanna get busted, since I have some facial hair >_O....

Same rules apply. Suspicious activity of any kind WILL be reported. In the case of the TM you may be asked to leave.

I remember the time an (M) train m/m asked me if I wanted to get a shot of the cab. I replied saying no thanks. I mean from all the info such as the time, date, car #'s, etc displayed on the NTT's screen, I didn't want to get him in trouble. Can he?

And yes he's a m/m not a t/o. He said he's been a m/m for over fifteen years.

There is a difference between Motorman and Train Operator?

Does it take more training to become a Motorman? What separates the Motormen from the T/Os?

No..

Its Just that Motorman is the old way you called Train Operators since it was designed for Men.. back then. Motor"MAN" hints you.. Since women train operators became more common with men, the (MTA) renamed it Train Operator for both genders.

Tho Motorman is still used in other systems.

Now Engineer and Train Operator you can compare as Engineer is Railroad and Train Operator is used in Transit systems. Even tho they could be used as the same but unofficially.

No..

Its Just that Motorman is the old way you called Train Operators since it was designed for Men.. back then. Motor"MAN" hints you.. Since women train operators became more common with men, the (MTA) renamed it Train Operator for both genders.

And they also had to get rid of the term "tripcock" and anything that contains the word **** in it.

Legally speaking, if you're standing in an allowable area, you're allowed to take photos of anything you see from that vantage point.

However, in the real world, all bets are off. Ignorance and self-aggrandizing attitudes prevail.

Archived