Not Again - Enough is enough

jimbob60

The wait times between the (G) train is a good 20 - 30 minutes and we're talking about the middle of the day on a weekend, so they would definitely have to run more trains and longer ones at that.

It was sarcasm.

The (G)'s timetable makes mention that a train shows up every 5-10 minutes. A temporarily extension onto the IND Queens Boulevard Line would change it to 10-15 minutes. That isn't too bad. However (E) train riders would have to get used to running to shorter trains during the weekends lol.

Guest lance25

That's during the rush hours and middays. Evenings and weekends, it runs at 10 to 15 minute intervals and 20 minutes during the overnight hours. Plus, it takes approximately 20 minutes to get from 23 St-Ely Av to Forest Hills (using the (M) as a reference), so your argument is invalid as you'd increase headways to over 30 minutes.

Guest lance25

It doesn't matter what Jamaica has, if there isn't any money there to pay for crews to operate the trains, said trains aren't moving.

The wait times between the (G) train is a good 20 - 30 minutes and we're talking about the middle of the day on a weekend, so they would definitely have to run more trains and longer ones at that.

They won't do that. Then they will have to put condcutors on the trains since they will be longer than 300 feet.

Face palm. They do that on the weekdays already. It's only on the weekends that the (G) is operated by one person only. They could have some people work overtime during construction. A limited amount of number of people sure, but hopefully enough to temporarily replace the (E).

Ok time to clarify something with this whole (G) thing...

Most of the posts here make it seem like the (E) isn't running on the QBL corridor at all. All its doing is operating via 6 Av/63 St instead of 8 Av/53 St. Queens isn't really affected except at those stations mentioned.

Shuttle buses work perfectly fine, its only 3 stations (all within walking distance if you didn't know that) there's no need for the (G) to return to 71 Av except to please some railfans for nostalgia purposes.

Most of the posts here make it seem like the (E) isn't running on the QBL corridor at all. All its doing is operating via 6 Av/63 St instead of 8 Av/53 St. Queens isn't really affected except at those stations mentioned.

Shuttle buses work perfectly fine, its only 3 stations (all within walking distance if you didn't know that) there's no need for the (G) to return to 71 Av except to please some railfans for nostalgia purposes.

I am sure some weekend for next 2 years the (E) will run on the (R) line as well.

Sorry to burst your bubble OP but the (E)'s hardly seen normal service for the past couple of years- it's been long overdue for some revamps which is exactly what they're doing. Yeah, the local runs on the Queens Boulevard Line were/are excruciating but what could/can you do? There's other ways of getting around- take advantage of the opportunity!

I am sure some weekend for next 2 years the (E) will run on the (R) line as well.

not happening due to the stupid supervisor on queens blvd

they should just cut the (E) and have the (R) replace the (E) at jamaica center with some ®'s turning at 71st the (R) makes simular stops like the (E) just use the crews from the (E) not for nothing the (E) is nothing when it goes down 63rd its just a waste of space

Who knows when they'll finish. The (MTA) still hasn't gotten the whole falsfication of signal inspections dealt with and they admit that they don't know how to resolve the problem. :) Really?

what does that have to do with anything ? management of personnel and management of Capital construc. are 2 different things.....

they should just cut the (E) and have the (R) replace the (E) at jamaica center with some ®'s turning at 71st the (R) makes simular stops like the (E) just use the crews from the (E) not for nothing the (E) is nothing when it goes down 63rd its just a waste of space

Agreed. Granted it long walk at 42nd to transfer. Other that several of the (R) Bway stations are actually closer to the (A) 8th Ave line as well. i.e Times Sq, City Hall, Rector and Whitehall.

Only negative is that the superviors don't want to run all night service on the Bay Ridge/4th Ave line.

The only explantion is that the (MTA) also closes the Lower Manhattan Bway stations on weekends for go's.

Agreed. Granted it long walk at 42nd to transfer. Other that several of the (R) Bway stations are actually closer to the (A) 8th Ave line as well. i.e Times Sq, City Hall, Rector and Whitehall.

Only negative is that the superviors don't want to run all night service on the Bay Ridge/4th Ave line.

The only explantion is that the (MTA) also closes the Lower Manhattan Bway stations on weekends for go's.

at night if the lwr manhattan stations are not close have the (R) go to canal or whitehall sts during the overnight hours.

the ta did have the (R) run to jamaica center go to replace the (E) in the summer of 2001 but those annoying (E) riders pulled a political clout and eversince that happend they never did this go again , All of this had to do with the fact the (R) was a local line and i lol becasue after that the (E) was local almost every single weekend and went via the F line via 53rd and 6th ave

This actually sounds like a good idea but the way I see it is that people are gonna complain about a loss of express service (although the (F) is right there). Plus when they do G.Os in Lower Manhattan, they make one side go via the Manhattan Br and the other does regular service. Besides IMO it would make the (R) a tad bit too long

If your idea was to happen, there would have to me no G.Os in Lower Manattan

Guest lance25

The only way I'd see them extending the (R) to Parsons/Archer is if there was work done on the Queens Blvd express tracks and the 53rd and 63rd Street lines, thus rendering all those lines inaccessible.

The (R) was probably extended in 2001 because 53rd Street was closed and 63rd Street to Queens Blvd was still limited service (if any, depending on when) only, thus effectively splitting the (E) in two. Since the (E) couldn't run from Chambers to Parsons normally, it only made sense to send the Forest Hills-bound ®s to Jamaica Center.

Wait a Second...

The projets are Renovating the 53 Street line and Extending the (Q) to 2 Avenue? I thought SAS would be done in 2015 or something like that! :eek:

S L O W !

Thats all it is really, I dont see whats so hard about getting off at Rockerfeller Center to walk one block East, or 57th Street for that matter.

Thats actually not true, Lex-63rd & 57th-6th picks up a lot of passengers during the late night hours, same goes for weekends. The (E) cuts the trouble from the (F).

This actually sounds like a good idea but the way I see it is that people are gonna complain about a loss of express service (although the (F) is right there). Plus when they do G.Os in Lower Manhattan, they make one side go via the Manhattan Br and the other does regular service. Besides IMO it would make the (R) a tad bit too long

If your idea was to happen, there would have to me no G.Os in Lower Manattan

If this were a weekend G.O, I'd actually disagree, the World Trade Center station has had an increase in passenger usage and its at a pretty high demand especially during the weekend, it would cripple the (A) & (C). That's why very rarely do you ever see (C) train G.Os terminating at the WTC station, that station needs all the trains it can get, especially when Fulton Street is being bypassed in both directions.

Replacing the (R) with the (E) during the late night, that is actually a good idea considering that the (E) runs local late nights anyway, however, the WTC station does see some significant usage during late nights and the (A) is the only line to serve it, so it's a mixed idea in my view.

On the Queens side of things, the (F) is always on the express and the (E) runs local during the late nights, but on the weekend side of things, you dont want to see them Queens Riders with torches & pitchforks running after your ass.

What about simply extending the (G) one stop to Queens Plaza when the (R) is running and if necessary to 71-Continental (possibly as an express to speed up the time of the run) during overnights? That to me might be a compromise that can be worked, especially if it keeps the (G) at its normal length.

What about simply extending the (G) one stop to Queens Plaza when the (R) is running and if necessary to 71-Continental (possibly as an express to speed up the time of the run) during overnights? That to me might be a compromise that can be worked, especially if it keeps the (G) at its normal length.

Queens Plaza, maybe. 71-Continental, no. There's no need for it past Court Square since the (E) does the same exact thing at nights. If they want QB express service, they can just wait for the (F) that should be arriving right befind the (E)

Not to get off topic. In this type of GO when the 53rd Tubes are closed, IMO this is a scenrio where the (G) should return to the QB line. I am sure it would be cheaper than running all of these shuttle buses.

Also there should be free boarding at 21st St-Queensbridge, Queens(boro) Plaza and Court Sq-23rd St Station/45th Rd also because when (1) doesn't run into Bronx, they always have M3 assists shuttle bus with free boarding at station stops, while B13, B20 and Q58 at Fresh Pond Rd/Forest Av does same thing when (M)(S) skips Fresh Pond Rd.

Archived