Question about this G.O

Calvin

(J) Special shuttle train

Weekend, 1 AM Sat to 5 AM Mon, Mar 5 - 7 ♦ Mar 12 - 14

Special (J) shuttle train runs between Fulton St and Chambers St-Brooklyn Bridge.

Note: Regularly scheduled (J) train service is not affected.

(4)(5) trains bypass Fulton St in both directions during this time.

*Does this means this shuttle train just runs to Broad St only, not to prospect Park?

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Its gonna be one train going back and forth on the Broad St bound track. My guess is that they're gonna hook down all the signals

Yes, It is going to be a one stop shuttle from Chambers Street-Brooklyn Bridge to Fulton Street. It will use an R42 set with the front signs set to (S) (8 car consist).

There should be only one train running. Im guessing its using an R42 with the (S) sign because a few days back in ENY, I saw an R42 set with the sign as (S), side signs said

Shuttle

Chambers Street, Manhattan

Unfortunatelty I couldn't see the route bullet on the side signs :)

Because some foamers dream on...

If anybody bothered reading the rest of my post... It said that thats what MIGHT happen.

I said that because there was an R42 in ENY with that signage. Well whatever happens i'll find out tomorrow ;)

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Hell, for all that, they can just use a R160 with the FIND off. Its only making 2 stops anyway

I'm just saying *shrugs shoulders*

doesnt even matter if he knows this or not, dont waste a thread askin him that question. its very easy to guess that an R42 would pop up. and if not, OH well his guess/hopes are wrong and not becoming reality....Moving on...

Wouldn't it have been easier to simply have the J run its normal weekday run to Broad Street (two stops down) and open up Broad for the G.O. those weekends (no cutbacks to Chambers then)?

That to me sounds easier than to have a shuttle.

Wouldn't it have been easier to simply have the J run its normal weekday run to Broad Street (two stops down) and open up Broad for the G.O. those weekends (no cutbacks to Chambers then)?

That to me sounds easier than to have a shuttle.

no, because they only ran one shuttle train. Its easier to have one seperate shuttle train than all the trains extended to Broad street. The shuttle train also requires less T/O's, and they only had to open one platform at Fulton Street instead of having 3 more platforms open.

When I check out (J)(S), there was only two T/Os.

It was a double end trip where you have a T/O at either end of the train and a C/R in the middle

If anybody bothered reading the rest of my post... It said that thats what MIGHT happen.

I said that because there was an R42 in ENY with that signage. Well whatever happens i'll find out tomorrow :P

Wrong, your original post says thats what WILL happen....

Well this is going on for 3 weekends...

Any one of those weekends an R42 could run :drool:

Could, but wont!

And you know this how?

Foamers & their pipe dreams, thats how!

Archived