The 2011 Major & Minor League, College Baseball & Baseball Card Thread

EE Broadway Local

and A's I would move to DC in place of the Nats.

Who would take the A's place in the ALW? In your idea, there would only be 3 ALW teams. And btw, the Marlins aren't that bad. I'm a Met fan, so I have to pay attention to teams above in the standings than the mets.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who would take the A's place in the ALW? In your idea, there would only be 3 ALW teams. And btw, the Marlins aren't that bad. I'm a Met fan, so I have to pay attention to teams above in the standings than the mets.

Unfortunately, the Kansas City Royals would be kicking and screaming into the AL West.

Just saw it on Sportscenter. That a surprise.

He just quit just after putting the Nationals above .500, when was the last time the Nationals were above 500 this late into the season?? 6 years ago?

He just quit just after putting the Nationals above .500, when was the last time the Nationals were above 500 this late into the season?? 6 years ago?

Actually they only finished close to .500 6 years ago in 2005 their first year in DC. IMO a bad job by the Nats Owner/Upper Management. Give him the damn gurantee in '12 and worse case if the teams next season gets off to a bad start(they should be better w/ a then rookie sensation in Bruce Harper and return of Strasburg)they always can him.:tdown:

Actually they only finished close to .500 6 years ago in 2005 their first year in DC. IMO a bad job by the Nats Owner/Upper Management. Give him the damn gurantee in '12 and worse case if the teams next season gets off to a bad start(they should be better w/ a then rookie sensation in Bruce Harper and return of Strasburg)they always can him.:tdown:

They finished 81-81 in 2005 after starting the season 52-30. I have a bad feeling that the Nationals will falter in similar fashion that their NL East counterparts, the Florida Marlins, have.

They finished 81-81 in 2005 after starting the season 52-30. I have a bad feeling that the Nationals will falter in similar fashion that their NL East counterparts, the Florida Marlins, have.

The Marlins will be even more pressure to dramtically improve next season than the Nats as they move to a new stadium. Already heard rumors that Marlins Owner Jeff Laurie will try to go after Ozzie Gulien if the Chisox let him go.

The A's and Marlins [till that staduim is built] are the last 2 teams still playing in a football stadium. And both are essentially AAA teams because they don't have the money to retain their higher paid stars. San Fran has the Giants and Florida is a terrible state for MLB teams. It's a football state.

If I had things my way, I'd contract the Rays and Nats [never won anything and not worth keeping]. The Marlins needs an owner willing to spend money on the team and A's I would move to DC in place of the Nats. Then it would be problem solved.

The Nats aren't that bad. They had that phenom pitcher who was injured, Stephen Strasburg. They also have Jayson Werth. They're not contenders, but at the very least they're watchable. The Rays have been over .500 for the last 3 years so they shouldn't contract.

The Nats aren't that bad. They had that phenom pitcher who was injured, Stephen Strasburg. They also have Jayson Werth. They're not contenders, but at the very least they're watchable. The Rays have been over .500 for the last 3 years so they shouldn't contract.

The Expos have no history, that's why they are an ideal team to contract. The A's with their history should be kept at all costs. In a draft, to give the remaining 28 teams players from the defunct teams, the new A's would be given their first picks and can keep Stasburg and/or Worth if they choose so.

In the proposal to move the A's to the NL East [The Nats and Rays being contracted]: the D'backs would go to the AL West, the Marlins would move to the AL East, the Pirates would be moved to the NL East*.

The Expos have no history, that's why they are an ideal team to contract. The A's with their history should be kept at all costs. In a draft, to give the remaining 28 teams players from the defunct teams, the new A's would be given their first picks and can keep Stasburg and/or Worth if they choose so.

In the proposal to move the A's to the NL East [The Nats and Rays being contracted]: the D'backs would go to the AL West, the Marlins would move to the AL East, the Pirates would be moved to the NL central.

The Pirates are already in the NL Central. You mean the NL East right concourse?

In the proposal to move the A's to the NL East [The Nats and Rays being contracted]: the D'backs would go to the AL West, the Marlins would move to the AL East, the Pirates would be moved to the NL East*.

Why not just shift the Astros or Royals and be done with it?

The Marlins will be even more pressure to dramtically improve next season than the Nats as they move to a new stadium. Already heard rumors that Marlins Owner Jeff Laurie will try to go after Ozzie Gulien if the Chisox let him go.

I doubt that might happen. Although Ozzie Guillen might be controversial, he's very popular in Chicago.

I doubt that might happen. Although Ozzie Guillen might be controversial, he's very popular in Chicago.

Anyhow based on reading online from sources like Baseball America, the Nats, Pirates, Indians and Royals are the next "Rays' as 2nd division clubs that within next 2-3 years will all be playoff contenders.

Anyhow based on reading online from sources like Baseball America, the Nats, Pirates, Indians and Royals are the next "Rays' as 2nd division clubs that within next 2-3 years will all be playoff contenders.

I just hope that Pittsburgh does not mess this chance up and do another fire sale similar to 2008-10 where they gave up Nate McLouth, Jack Wilson, Jason Bay, just to name a few.

I wonder if the Marlins are willing to trade Mike Stanton to the White Sox for Ozzie Guillen lolz. #notgonnahappen

This MLB update for Friday 6/24/11 is presented by Subway. "Eat Fresh.':p

The Nats after their skipper 'quit' in a salary/contract dispute have appointed Hitting Coach John McLaren the 'interim' manager for rest of the 2011 season.

While closer to home the Yanks host the Rockies in the Bronx. While the Mets go to Texas and play Josh Hamilton's club.

Archived