The 2011 Major & Minor League, College Baseball & Baseball Card Thread

EE Broadway Local

Are the Yankees ever going to beat Boston this year? This is embarassing. They are headed for an 0-5 homestand against them. And it's been bad having CC vs Beckett [who is on something or is just a changed person]. That's like an automatic loss now for CC.

jekyll & hyde.... I'm not worried, regardless...

watch come season's end, it's (AL East) gonna come down to the rays & the yankees... I'm not sold on this Boston team; they remind me of this years Indians (who are starting to come down to earth).... lol @ all the people that were riding high on their bandwagon as little as a week ago.....

this years red sox feels like an incomplete team that's on a little hot streak right now.... can't quite put my finger on it, somethin just aint right/complete....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jekyll & hyde.... I'm not worried, regardless...

watch come season's end, it's (AL East) gonna come down to the rays & the yankees... I'm not sold on this Boston team; they remind me of this years Indians (who are starting to come down to earth).... lol @ all the people that were riding high on their bandwagon as little as a week ago.....

this years red sox feels like an incomplete team that's on a little hot streak right now.... can't quite put my finger on it, somethin just aint right/complete....

I agree. As we hit mid-June it seems like nobody (seems like every team in MLB more than ever has been hit w/ injuries this season)is running away with the division yet in either the AL or NL. What makes this year so unquie so far is that teams like the Indians, Royals, Pirates, and Mariners are predicted to finish at or near last in their divisions are all improved.

KC I think by next year in '11, will be a playoff cotender and could win that AL Central.

Biggest disapointments so far are the Twins and Cubs. With that said, even with the many issues they have (lack of a #4 or #5 starter, lack of a 'true' lead off hitter, middle relief problems, and an 'aging' infield(except for 1st Base)the Yanks should be able to make it back to the playoffs.

Although garcia and Colon have been better than expected, they are not going to be in the rotation and it'll be CC, Burnett, and [?]. So the rotation is suspect unless they can land someone later in the summer.

Yeah, true about Boston riding a streak, but this is just terrible. Losing at home again... it just pisses me off. And to top it off yesterday's Lester almost sidelining Tex for a while. [throw at the knee]. The Yankees need every good player they have.

As for Swisher, wtf? He was great last year and just sucks this year... He better start hitting soon or should be demoted or put on waivers. imo.

I'd be more worried about Nova & Jeter...

After Jeter gets his 3000 hits, I think he's gonna start stinkin & packin it in, so to speak... hittin into all these dam DP's like he was notorious for last year.... Swisher & AJ have to get over these mental issues that's hampering their play; that if anything is annoying to me, watchin this team....

AJ & CC will get their wins, as the season progresses.... However, Colon & Garcia are a wash IMO; nothin big is to be expected out of them; they have the same role; filling voids for Hughes & Pettitte (retired).... the mininum expectations out of them, is to pitch .500 (by that I'm referring to their individual records).... When both of those pitchers get on a funk, that's when Nova's performance will have to come into play... so far he's been aiight... but "aiighht" aint gettin this team to their 28th championship as a franchise.....

I agree that Colon and Garcia will likely regress towards the end [if they are still around then], especially Colon since he's been pitching a few games into the 8th...

Also agreed on Nova and Jeter. Nova is ok for a few innings, but I just don't see him ever being able to pitch past the 5th inning at times. He's sorta like Joba where he's dominant in limited outings where batters face him once, but once the batters face him again, he becomes hittable. Unless Nova improves over time, I think he'd be better off as another reliever. He's not even a #5 quality starter.

Brutal loss for the Mets last night, unable to hold a 4 run lead in the 8th

inning. Time to put Jason Bay on the bench, he is BRUTAL.

I can't believe Collins said that he is showing some signs of improvement.

So he is in a 39 game, 140 AB's slump? c'mon! Send him to the minors

for a couple of weeks, if he refuses which I am sure he will then tell him to

"have a seat over there" on the bench indefinitely. :mad:

Bad news for Yankee fans. Joba Chamberlain has torn lignments and likely will miss the rest of the 2011 season to get "Tommy John" surgrey.

So the strength of the Bombers this year the bullpen is now taken a huge turn for the worse.

The small bit of good news is that Phil Hughes could be back with team after a couple of starts in minors.

Are the Yankees playoff chances take a hit in an improved AL East?

Bad news for Yankee fans. Joba Chamberlain has torn lignments and likely will miss the rest of the 2011 season to get "Tommy John" surgrey.

So the strength of the Bombers this year the bullpen is now taken a huge turn for the worse.

The small bit of good news is that Phil Hughes could be back with team after a couple of starts in minors.

Are the Yankees playoff chances take a hit in an improved AL East?

OH man:cry:

I am sure our friend Forest Glen would do worse and put up a 'white flag' to say the 2011 season is over.:eek:

He would say that after the Sox sweep... at least Big Papi got hit. Time to sweep the Indians now.

No worries, K-Rod will be on the Yankees soon hopefully along with

Beltran, not going to miss either one of them especially Beltran.

No joke the very good seasons by Beltran and K-Rod actually might be a blessing for the amazings. They could land great propsects and thus be on the road back to contention within 2-3 years.:eek:

No worries, K-Rod will be on the Yankees soon hopefully along with

Beltran, not going to miss either one of them especially Beltran.

Even for rentals, they aren't worth it. K-Rod is just as 'reliable' as Soriano had been this year. Beltran would be too expensive even if they were to put Swisher on waivers to clear the OF for him.

No worries, K-Rod will be on the Yankees soon hopefully along with Beltran, not going to miss either one of them especially Beltran.

Beltran simply isn't needed on the Yankees... we have enough OF's.

K Rod is lookin mighty good right now (much as I can't stand that nut); no way in an 11-3 game in the 9th should we have to have seen Mariano tonight... these hand me down relievers we got are atrocious.... these guys can't even throw strikes...

Beltran simply isn't needed on the Yankees... we have enough OF's.

K Rod is lookin mighty good right now (much as I can't stand that nut); no way in an 11-3 game in the 9th should we have to have seen Mariano tonight... these hand me down relievers we got are atrocious.... these guys can't even throw strikes...

B35 any comment on the season ending Joba injury?:confused:

Back to reality, here are my choices for the all star game:

AL

1st Base: Mark Teixeira (.253/18/43/.534 slugging)

2nd Base: Robinson Cano (.273/12/39/.502)

Shortstop: Asdrubal Cabrera (.302/12/42/.532)

3rd Base: Alex Rodriguez (.276/11/34/.481)

Catcher: Alex Avila (.297/9/33/.564)

DH: Johnny Damon (.283/7/32/.433)

Outfield:

Jose Bautista (.345/20/41/.711)

Curtis Granderson (.264/18/43/.580)

Carlos Quentin (.270/17/46/.590)

NL

1st Base: Albert Pujols (.277/14/40/.482)

2nd Base: Brandon Phillips (.286/5/34/.399)

Shortstop: Jose Reyes (.340/2/24/.506)

3rd Base: Placido Polanco (.310/3/33/.383)

Catcher: Yadier Molina (.314/3/24/.445)

Outfield:

Ryan Braun (.312/13/45/.563)

Matt Kemp (.329/18/53/.620)

Andrew McCutchen (.283/10/34/.487)

I am wondering why they have not sent Amaury Sanit down. Every single time I've seen him he's been atrocious.

I am wondering why they have not sent Amaury Sanit down. Every single time I've seen him he's been atrocious.

He's not even good. He's just an organizational arm that should not be in the Big Leagues at all. I don't know why they didn't bring up Ryan Pope or George Kontos, at least those guys are better than Sanit and that punching bag we sent to Chicago for Swisher who we got again. coughJeffMarquezcough

Bad news for Derek Jeter. After collecting carrer hit 2,994 (6 away from 3,000) Jeter gets a 'calf injury' and his status is unknown.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/dailypitch/post/2011/06/derek-jeter-injured-yankees/1

You know what's even worse than that?

Every single time the Yankees face a pitcher for the first time, they get shut out. No exceptions. It's disgusting.

I don't care where Jete gets his 3000th hit. Here, Wrigley, Busch -- I don't care. But they wasted a gem by AJ tonight. Geez.

I'm with you 100% on that one....

prollem is, who else are they gonna bring up that's gonna make any type of a (positive) difference? :)

The only reliable pitchers out of the pen right now are Logan, Robertson, and Mo.... everyone else are either injured, or bums (including Sanit)

You know what's even worse than that?

Every single time the Yankees face a pitcher for the first time, they get shut out. No exceptions. It's disgusting.

I don't care where Jete gets his 3000th hit. Here, Wrigley, Busch -- I don't care. But they wasted a gem by AJ tonight. Geez.

I notice that also, about the first time they face a certain pitcher.....

Anyway, after the first 3 innings, I figured the Yankees would lose tonight.... Too many men LOB....

that's when I started watchin the hockey game.....

Realingment: D-backs, Astros two candidates to move to AL

By Bob Nightengale, USA TODAY

PHOENIX (June 14, 2011) — "The Arizona Diamondbacks could be the team most likely to change leagues if Major League Baseball implements realignment in its new collective bargaining agreement.

"We would do whatever's best for baseball," said Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall, whose team would move to the American League West from the National League West under one of the plans being discussed by MLB and the players' association. "Most would say us or the Astros would be best candidates (to shift leagues)."

Another option would be for the Houston Astros to move to the AL West from the National League Central, but outgoing team owner Drayton McLane says he wants the team to stay in the NL.

The changes would put 15 teams in each league with six divisions of five teams each. The AL West is baseball's only division with four teams. If Astros moved, the NL Central would be left with five teams. If the Diamondbacks relocated, the NL West would have four teams, meaning the Astros would probably change divisions.

MLB and the players' association have also discussed discarding the divisional format, according to ESPN.com, which cited a highly ranked executive. Under this plan, the top five teams in each league would make the postseason. And in both cases, the odd number of teams in each league would mean there would be at least one interleague series being contested throughout the season."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/2011-06-13-major-league-baseball-realignment-arizona-diamondbacks_n.htm

Archived