SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whats with the rail at broad channel? I've seen most videos that people took after service restorations its like i hear a propulsion system over the trains departing but is gone when the train is.

Rails.

Good explanation:

The (MTA) has similar equipment it used to grind the rails before service restoration on the Rockaways. You'll also hear the sound on the Culver viaduct.

Edited by Culver

Do any R68/As remain with halfcabs used in operation?

Followup, what happened to that story a while back that the 7 was going back to all halfcabs? Moot point with the 62As going to the 6 and getting full cabs, no?

The only R68/A cars where you could operate from a half cab is the on the Franklin (S) since those cars are the only bastard (single) units. Everything else is in sets of 4 with the controls for the half cabs pretty much removed

Do any R68/As remain with halfcabs used in operation? 

Followup, what happened to that story a while back that the 7 was going back to all halfcabs? Moot point with the 62As going to the 6 and  getting full cabs, no?

At This Point No R62As will have half width cabs maybe in the 90s if they didn't introduce full width cab it would be a different story now. Especially now that Westchesters Crew were introduced to full width cab on both sides with the R142As in 2002 their request to corona was before they can accept the R62As again for the (6) they must be converted to full width cab on both sides and the Car numbers have to be in order, that is why R62A 2141-2145 are back on flushing and 1746-1750 replaced it 

Edited by R62AR33

I got on two consecutive trains where the T/O's where blowing the horn at seemingly random times throughout the whole route, tonight. This got annoying very fast. Is there something to this, or is it just happenstance?

Workers on the track? Not really new. Somebody has to inspect the tunnels.

Yesterday while waiting at Euclid Avenue to go fanning on the (C) to 168th Street via the front window and northbound side, a Manhattan-bound (A) came and the signs were all set up as this:

N BROADWAY LOCAL

N TO CANAL St

Laugh out loud.

Yesterday while waiting at Euclid Avenue to go fanning on the (C) to 168th Street via the front window and northbound side, a Manhattan-bound (A) came and the signs were all set up as this:

N BROADWAY LOCAL

N TO CANAL St

Laugh out loud.

Operations command must have been really in a hurry to get those trains out into revenue service and the train crews just had no time to adjust the roll signs. Makes sense.

*Assuming that these were R32 trainsets ....

Workers on the track? Not really new. Somebody has to inspect the tunnels.

Nah, this was something different. This was consistent horn blowing with out speed restrictions. Like, pretty much blowing the horn like every two signals, or something.

I got on two consecutive trains where the T/O's where blowing the horn at seemingly random times throughout the whole route, tonight. This got annoying very fast. Is there something to this, or is it just happenstance?

Just out of curiosity, what routes were the trains on?

R32 (J) is in service. 

I might get pics later if I can catch it.

Nice.

Also, LOL at the sudden surge of (J) videos that have been uploaded recently. Everyone was waiting for the R32, it seems. Sh*t, I'll try too.

Edited by GojiMet86

Guest Lance

Operations command must have been really in a hurry to get those trains out into revenue service and the train crews just had no time to adjust the roll signs. Makes sense.

*Assuming that these were R32 trainsets ....

Based on what he said, it was more than likely a 46 set. For some reason or another, that's the default code (or it seems like it is) for a malfunctioning sign.

Sorry realizm. It was an R46, not an R32.

By the way, while waiting at 168th Street for a S/B (A), I witness some other teen guy getting hand-cuffed and taken away by two cops. He looked like a High School kid.

Edited by RollOverMyHead

Based on what he said, it was more than likely a 46 set. For some reason or another, that's the default code (or it seems like it is) for a malfunctioning sign.

Sorry realizm. It was an R46, not an R32.

OK gotcha. I see what you guys are saying now.

By the way, while waiting at 168th Street for a S/B (A), I witness some other teen guy getting hand-cuffed and taken away by two cops. He looked like a High School kid.

Either beating the fare, fighting, robbery, vandalism or the kid might had an outstanding warrant for his arrest among other possibilities.

Illegal drug or weapon possession, who knows?

Talking about the (J), 8284 and it's 3 partners (a 4 car set) passed through Canal Street heading to ENY, presumably from Coney Island. That R68 (N) turned to a school car. An R42 school car also passed through Canal.

Edited by GojiMet86