SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

Yup. I'm sure tomorrow on the Brooklyn side of the BMT will be a difficult commute for many with the open cut areas always prone to problems with major storms. They always slash the heck out of service on the Sea Beach line as well, decreasing (N) service, and cutting out express service overall to allow for the movement of trains underground. So on the 4th Ave BMT the delays may be massive, very likely. Ditto on the (D) via West End .

Edited by realizm

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right. Even if by some stroke of extremely bad luck and the 32s were retired before the 44 issues cropped up, they would not cut an important secondary line like the C. The merger of the M and V may not have happened and a few lines would've seen reductions in service. Of course, the 179 order would've been rushed up a bit and whatever 44s that were in good enough condition to be in service would remain active.

Thank you!

I believe there was one in the Time Square area around 3am so the year is taking a leap already.

Oh shit, I knew I shouldn't have joked about that yesterday.

Speaking of snowy weather and what not, check these photos out....... R16 6305 in the snow.

img_140613.jpg

img_140614.jpg

Both photos are from John Barnes and posted on nycsubway.org just yesterday. Photos were taken on December 10th at Coney Island Yard. These guys really did an excellent job. Hope car 6339 gets this similar treatment soon.