SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

People actually do transfer from the (3) to the (L) and vise versa. It's to the point that on the whiteboard in the booth at Junuis, they tell you how to get to the (L). There's been many a times where people getting off the train asked how to get the other one.

Whenever I transfer to the (3) or (L) using this transfer, it takes another fare away from my metrocard. So they should make the transfer in fare control.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, was the (8)(10)(11)(12)(13) ever used in service or were they part of routes that the (MTA) were planning to build but were never built or were they just renames?

There used to be a #8 train that ran in the Bronx, but it was discontinued in the early 1970s and replaced by the BX55 bus (which of course is also now discontinued). 

Why was the BX55 discontinued?

And dont ask me to use google, theres nothing about it.

TBH, I forgot why. Maybe because of low ridership.

Not at all.

When the Bx41 SBS was implemented, that made the Bx55 segment north of Fordham Road redundant, given how there was more service provided than the Bx55, and faster. The MTA decided that the Bx55 was no longer in need of it's own designation, so it was extended to Manhattan and became today's Bx15 Limited, at this expense of the local terminating at the hub.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Not at all.

When the Bx41 SBS was implemented, that made the Bx55 segment north of Fordham Road redundant, given how there was more service provided than the Bx55, and faster. The MTA decided that the Bx55 was no longer in need of it's own designation, so it was extended to Manhattan and became today's Bx15 Limited, at this expense of the local terminating at the hub.

Bx55 runs are now Bx15 short turns to 149 St, Bx15 runs now are limited stop to Manhattan during weekdays.

yeah I miss the Bx41 Limited along with the Bx55 Limited. I dont quite get this whole select bus thing

It's supposed to be 15 to 20 percent faster than the LTD, hence the bus dedicated lanes and the off board fare collection...(MTA) words

Edited by Q43LTD

I know but I don't see the eagle team on all SBS vehicles. If parts of the team were assigned to a specific SBS unit, there might be a cut on fare beaters.  

only saw them once in person. It was on the Bx12 SBS and they all invaded the bus and shook the passengers down so to speak. but that was the only time i ever saw them

only saw them once in person. It was on the Bx12 SBS and they all invaded the bus and shook the passengers down so to speak. but that was the only time i ever saw them

That sounds horrifying.

And I've never seen one of them, literally ever

Even one of the first days of operation on the BX12SBS, the op kept saying that one was coming on, then sure enough we got to 207th and they never came

Question: If a (6) train were to get stalled at Worth Street, and the train can no longer move, can the operator open the doors to Worth Street and the police from outside take out the vent closing the station and bring everybody up to the surface using the abandoned stairwell? 

Question: If a (6) train were to get stalled at Worth Street, and the train can no longer move, can the operator open the doors to Worth Street and the police from outside take out the vent closing the station and bring everybody up to the surface using the abandoned stairwell? 

If it was an absolute emergency like a derailment, then they might use it. If it's just delays, then no.