SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just thought of a way to control crowds on the subway. Promotion posters. People choose (A) over (C)? Well, (C) can give you a relaxing ride and goes to places that the (A) can't go, and you can easily get a seat. People choose (E) over (J)? Even though the (E) is express, the (J) is actually faster, running on a shorter route. People choose (2) over (3)? You can easily get a seat on the (3), and gives you a nice, relaxing ride.

Another way, the (E) is more crowded than the (F)? Schedule to run the (F) before the (E). (N) more crowded than the (Q)? Schedule to run the (Q) before the (N).

You get the picture.

I've just thought of a way to control crowds on the subway. Promotion posters. People choose (A) over (C)? Well, (C) can give you a relaxing ride and goes to places that the (A) can't go, and you can easily get a seat. People choose (E) over (J)? Even though the (E) is express, the (J) is actually faster, running on a shorter route. People choose (2) over (3)? You can easily get a seat on the (3), and gives you a nice, relaxing ride.

Another way, the (E) is more crowded than the (F)? Schedule to run the (F) before the (E). (N) more crowded than the (Q)? Schedule to run the (Q) before the (N).

You get the picture.

Assign a celebrity to each line. The sheeple will follow. (J) for Jennifer Lopez. (N) for Nicki Minaj.

You get the picture.

On the most recent nostalgia train there was a vintage poster in one of the R1-9s advertising this exact thing. Good ideas never die, they just fade away...

Will Westchester crews remove the purple stickers off their R62A's ? Also since Westchester has the (1) cars, could they add the green circle/red diamond illumanator to the rollsigns or would those sets have to transfer to Corona?

Yes once all R62A's are back on the (6) from Flushing they will go back to Yellow Stickers.. as for the R62A's from the (1) they eventually will go back to 240st st yard..

I just watched a video of a person who is also on this forums and inactive. Not gonna say his name, but he played with the rollsigns on an R62 (1) train. You literally had this stick and turning thing that you put into the hole and spin until you get correct sign. You had to do it one by one, so that is about 60 signs you have to change. Very hard stuff.

I just watched a video of a person who is also on this forums and inactive. Not gonna say his name, but he played with the rollsigns on an R62 (1) train. You literally had this stick and turning thing that you put into the hole and spin until you get correct sign. You had to do it one by one, so that is about 60 signs you have to change. Very hard stuff.

Not sure about the (6) but on the (B) the Harlem 145th Street and Bedford Park Boulevard signs are next to each other so it's not that much of a problem in terms of turning.

8 cars in a (B) train, 2 changed rollsigns in each, that's 16 rollsigns and not 60.

Not sure about the (6) but on the (B) the Harlem 145th Street and Bedford Park Boulevard signs are next to each other so it's not that much of a problem in terms of turning.

8 cars in a (B) train, 2 changed rollsigns in each, that's 16 rollsigns and not 60.

I'm saying if the entire train is totally messed up. And I meant 48, not 60, sorry.

Edited by MTA Dude

I'm saying if the entire train is totally messed up. And I meant 48, not 60, sorry.

Well, it's rare, as far as I know. While any nutjob can go get the key and screw with them, as a passenger I very rarely see incorrect signs, and with the introduction of the NTTs this is becoming less of a problem.

48 rollsigns is a lot but even if someone screws with the rollsigns I don't think they'll screw up all 48 of them. Maybe like 2 or 3.

When was this video posted?

R62/A signs are in alphabetical order

R68/A signs are in geographical order, north to south

Oh boy you mean the railroad vigilantes get to report thisguy/bother the NYPD again?