SUBWAY - Random Thoughts Topic

My bad if this was mentioned before but why does the (E) never use R46's unlike the (F) and (R)? I've seen them on the (E) a few times years ago but you'd think since they come out the same yard they would use them. Even when Jamaica had R32's that ran mostly on the (E) it still never used R46's on a norm and the (F) was primarily R46 at the time. I know the (R) uses whatever is available and sometimes you're lucky to catch a R160. Why is Jamaica set up like that in the first place?

60 Foot cars handle the crowds better.

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My bad if this was mentioned before but why does the (E) never use R46's unlike the (F) and (R)? I've seen them on the (E) a few times years ago but you'd think since they come out the same yard they would use them. Even when Jamaica had R32's that ran mostly on the (E) it still never used R46's on a norm and the (F) was primarily R46 at the time. I know the (R) uses whatever is available and sometimes you're lucky to catch a R160. Why is Jamaica set up like that in the first place?

They not ment for the (E) . As I last recall the (E) had R32's and I loved them on the (E) they were ment for the (E) line and when R160's came in, the 160's took over the (E) and the rest of R32's got scrapped and/or sent to the (J) . R40/42 ran on the (E) as well. All these fleets shared with all the QBL lines, including the (G)(V) and (R) . I miss them dearly on the QBL Edited by Priincenene

They not ment for the (E) . As I last recall the (E) had R32's and I loved them on the (E) they were ment for the (E) line and when R160's came in, the 160's took over the (E) and the rest of R32's got scrapped and/or sent to the (J) . R40/42 ran on the (E) as well. All these fleets shared with all the QBL lines, including the (G)(V) and (R) . I miss them dearly on the QBL

The (G) had no R32s assigned after 2001. It ran on the (G) a few times from 2004-2009 only when they did those weekend G.Os extending it to CI to replace the (F) .

The (G) had no R32s assigned after 2001. It ran on the (G) a few times from 2004-2009 only when they did those weekend G.Os extending it to CI to replace the (F) .

True, but I didn't mention the (G) having R32's. I meant in general, Jamaica shares with these lines. Remember, one person saw an R32 outta nowhere on the (G) after Sandy

It wasn't in service. It turned out to be a Work Train. It was on FB and a T/O even said it wasn't in service plus the (G) runs OPTO on weekends including holidays that runs on weekends schedule

Yeah I saw it trolled the hell out of me I thought it was in service at that time I didn't see an R32 in service on the (G)eorge since 09

How come some R188 sets play the "Connection Is available to the LIRR" Announcment at Vernon Blvd while others don't?

Its not Vernon Blvd, its Hunters Point!

It wasn't in service. It turned out to be a Work Train. It was on FB and a T/O even said it wasn't in service plus the (G) runs OPTO on weekends including holidays that runs on weekends schedule

You're right. But besides the R32 you see what I am saying? It's proven by the R46 on the (G)

How come some R188 sets play the "Connection Is available to the LIRR" Announcment at Vernon Blvd while others don't?

I'm not completely sure, but I think LIC and Hunters Point LIRR service runs weekdays only, and if thats the case the LIRR announcement wouldn't play during the weekends...

I'm not completely sure, but I think LIC and Hunters Point LIRR service runs weekdays only, and if thats the case the LIRR announcement wouldn't play during the weekends...

yeah its only played from like 3pm to like 6:30 Pm and yes train can tell if a line is running based on the time that's why on weekends the announcements change there is no separate weekend route with diffrent announcements. Its the same route and the train looks at the date and time to know what trains are and aren't running 

Took a visit to the new station this past weekend ridership looks very low especially on the weekends I hope that they can create more jobs on that side b of Manhattan so ridership can grow that's the purpose of the station anyway, right?

Edited by R3238 RFW