BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just missed 9932 on the Q38 yesterday, he just pulled out of the bus stop, I went over to knock on the door and she just shugged her shoulders and took off.

All I keep seeing on the Q72 now are the 3500's from SC. Those buses are ok, but I would still rather have those 36 or 3700's.

btw are there still any RTS or Orion Vs at JFK? saw Orion V the other day, and RTS on Q8 saturday before last.

btw are there still any RTS or Orion Vs at JFK? saw Orion V the other day, and RTS on Q8 saturday before last.

*Sighs*. Yes there's still.RTS @ JFK. I wouldn't be surprised if they get more to replace the remandier of the Orion V's there. Speaking of the V's until recently it was them opposed to the RTS'es that I saw the most. Me wonders why they didn't do so already as to having the RTS replacing them Orions (like LGA RTS to the ex-bees.)?:confused:

On a different note I happen to have seen Mr. Orion VII #6428 in new uniform otherwise known as the new scheme w/black decals.B) Irony is that I already rode #6429 (the one in.white decaled uniform). Wonder's who's next for the scheme. I just hope it's for another QV hybrid, 'cause I'd love to see more buses rolling around in my neighborhood w/new uniform.

Oh well, looks my non-Next Gen streak has come to an end...caough one my B/O friend was driving on the S44 from Victory/Richmond to the Mall and again on the S44 an hour earlier. At least I rode an Xcelsior on the S59 from CSI High School as well as an MCI deadheading to Manhattan.

If I never had to ride another NG again I wouldn't exactly be disappointed. Still too young to be a grumpy old man, but christ, the ride on those buses is SHOT! Sick to death of the things. Windows are all stuck, HVAC is garbage, doors keep getting stuck...only good NG I can think of is 4430, the rest I'd take any bus in the MTA fleet over. Problem is, ever since they made Mannyville Orionville I can't escape the things; pretty rare for me to go a whole day without riding an NG.

Well I guess you could always ride those dirty RTSs with the hot seats in the far back of the bus almost burning your rear end and a lack of AC. Would that make you happy? Be grateful that you bus shows up.

I had an RTS on the 20 the other day that did just that, literally burnt me. Still a thousand times better than an NG though! The hybrids get hot in the back (I had one today that was burning up) and you don't even get to have the good ride of an RTS. And you're one to talk about being grateful the bus shows up, you being the man who actually complains about whether his express bus recliners have scuffs and tears in them.

Well yeah because I don't think anyone wants springs sticking them in the rear, which is what can happen if the seats are worn out and have tears and such in them. Almost happened to me once, but I was quick on my feet and looked before actually just sinking down into the seat. B)

Lol...I was on the express bus with my friend a few weeks ago and one of the seats looked like it was attacked with a butcher knife.

And obviously the rear seats are gonna be hot because that's where the engine is, duh!!!

Lol...I was on the express bus with my friend a few weeks ago and one of the seats looked like it was attacked with a butcher knife.

And obviously the rear seats are gonna be hot because that's where the engine is, duh!!!

I'm serious those slashed up seats are not just random. As for the rear seats well yeah, but the point is the newer buses tend to have more "warm" seats in the back as opposed to seats burning your rear. It seems like they're tried to remedy that somewhat. On the RTSs though I can recall having to move on a few occasions because the seats back there were just too hot to handle. B)

I don't even like sitting in the back seats of the RTS' anyway...the corner seats by the window are so damn cramped. I usually sit in the front on the RTS, but on the other buses I tend to sit in the back for some reason (unless there's a B/O I know then I'll stay in the front).

Still funny the seat was slashed though lololololololololololol

I too would avoid the back seats of the RTSs as that section is too cramped and it means more people to shove out of the way if the bus is crowded and you have to get off. I usually sit in the middle (forward facing seats) or towards the back. I don't sit at the front because there's gonna be some parent and kid that will sit there or some woman talking endlessly on the phone, etc.

I have to say the nova lfs single seater behind the driver is pretty neat, about as private as you can get.

I too would avoid the back seats of the RTSs as that section is too cramped and it means more people to shove out of the way if the bus is crowded and you have to get off. I usually sit in the middle (forward facing seats) or towards the back. I don't sit at the front because there's gonna be some parent and kid that will sit there or some woman talking endlessly on the phone, etc.

I have to say the nova lfs single seater behind the driver is pretty neat, about as private as you can get.

I have to agree. The sides of the rear seats are very cramped especially for those who have long legs. Then at times whenever I see crumbled trash in that area or whtever I just avoid it altogether. I mostly sit in the aisle facing rear seats the most for some reason. I even choose those over the single seats to which I get a little more personal space. The only other reason why I don't bother to sit at the front because of the elderly (though I know it's not their fault). I don't always like having to get up for them especially if a lack of gratitude is shown. Only if I'm speaking to the B/O when I need to would I keep myself in the front.

As for the single area behind the B/O, I'd hit that the minute it's in the clear. At least I get to be listening to some of the sh*t that I have on my 4G & Ipod.:cool:

Had a good day today...showed my friend who came down from Buffalo around the city, rode the M20 for the first time ever (damn hybrid plus schoolkids smh), and rode a kickass Orion V CNG on the B35. The bus had 3 different types of seat inserts in the 2 double seats in the rear on both sides. It was all good until I had to catch the B35 home...

The bus: 232...my expression: :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm serious those slashed up seats are not just random. As for the rear seats well yeah, but the point is the newer buses tend to have more "warm" seats in the back as opposed to seats burning your rear. It seems like they're tried to remedy that somewhat. On the RTSs though I can recall having to move on a few occasions because the seats back there were just too hot to handle. ;)

Detroit Diesel engines get hotter much faster than their Cummins counterparts

Interesting ride on a 22xx bus from spring creek last night (last run on BM2). Look like this particular bus didn't have a govenor on there and in certain parts of the ride was reaching top speed of 75 on a strech of the prospect expwy, than going towards canarsie was reaching a top speed of 55-60. Got home in 20 mins from Bowling green.

Does anyone know what they use the old Hudson Pier Depot for? I walked over to it today and it looked completely dead with exception to a few Hudson park employees standing in the front. It was pitch black inside and it still has a couple MTA signs up in the front. Isn't it suppose to.be converted into a shopping center or something??