BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But what about the other question about Shorehaven?

i tried finding something regarding that and west farms has the bx27 and kb and gh have the bx39 cause their south terminal is in "shore haven" if that's not it then idk what is

Edited by BreeddekalbL

i tried finding something regarding that and west farms has the bx27 and kb and gh have the bx39 cause their south terminal is in "shore haven" if that's not it then idk what is

I have to correct some information. The curtain readings were from West Farms, not Coliseum. Routes 1, 2, and 3 went to Shorehaven. There is a reading for "27 to Clason Point" so I doubt Shorehaven and Clason Point are the same. The side sign curtain for Routes 1, 2, and 3 is also Shorehaven.

I have to correct some information. The curtain readings were from West Farms, not Coliseum. Routes 1, 2, and 3 went to Shorehaven. There is a reading for "27 to Clason Point" so I doubt Shorehaven and Clason Point are the same. The side sign curtain for Routes 1, 2, and 3 is also Shorehaven.

I tried finding this "shorehaven" on the maps even google maps and it was leading me to "classion point" as shorehaven i must be doing something wrong or were missing something

Shorehaven is the name of that little sectioned off/gated area across the street from where the bx27/39 terminate/layover at in that area....

In other words, Shorehaven isn't clason point, it's in clason point.....

Shorehaven is the name of that little sectioned off/gated area across the street from where the bx27/39 terminate/layover at in that area....

In other words, Shorehaven isn't clason point, it's in clason point.....

That explains Shorehaven. It's strange that the readings book that reads 1 Shorehaven, 2 Shorehaven, and 3 Shorehaven but no destinations in the other direction.

MTA FAIL. So the coin fare machines at 207 and Broadway are switched up or messed up? When I paid my $2.25 at the machine I got a receipt and it said M15 SBS and not Bx12. Oh and do you get a transfer from that? I know you do with a metrocard but what about paying it with coins?

MTA FAIL. So the coin fare machines at 207 and Broadway are switched up or messed up? When I paid my $2.25 at the machine I got a receipt and it said M15 SBS and not Bx12. Oh and do you get a transfer from that? I know you do with a metrocard but what about paying it with coins?

From the coin machines, you request for a transfer when you board the bus.

But wow, it said M15 on a Bx12 machine, that's pretty funny lol.

You better not have gotten a ticket for their fault. You didnt get a ticket right?

oh boy....... question (if anybody can help): what does IIRC stand for by any chance? I read it on the forums all the time. forget me, please.

IIRC=If I recall correctly...

I have to say folks should write out these damn acronyms because sometimes there are so many of them that you have to sit there and think about what they mean.

As for forgetting you, do you really want us to do that? :lol:

IIRC=If I recall correctly...

I have to say folks should write out these damn acronyms because sometimes there are so many of them that you have to sit there and think about what they mean.

As for forgetting you, do you really want us to do that? :lol:

Curiosity: more questions, more knowledge, right? B-)

Anyways, Thank you!

Edited by NovaCSW8030

I use AFAIK/AFAIC quite a bit (k for know, c for concerned)....

Yeah, The 'R' in IIRC is recall, but using it to mean remember doesn't change what the acronym means....

I'm using acronyms or shorthand in my textual posts, regardless of who knows what which one means or not.....

Not my problem as the author of a forum post if someone doesn't know what a particular acronym means... If you ask me, I'll tell you what a particular acronym means, np (no problem).... If you don't ask me & have the attitude of "why are you even using acronyms anyway" or "you should type like you speak" [I've gotten the latter on other forums regarding acronyms & slang], well, it's nothin else I can do for you at that point.... You just goin have to keep it pushin & read the next man's post (S).....

I'm of the ilk that, if you get it, great... if you don't & resort to having an attitude about it w/o failing to ask, then I'm like too bad... Not here to appease anyone with entitlement issues.....

I don't mind them, but some folks go crazy with them and if there are too many of them I just say the hell with it and don't bother to read. It's good to know that I'm not the only one with this problem. Some acronyms are commonly used but others aren't. At some point it's almost as bad as someone writing poorly.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8