BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My random thought is why the Orion VII Next Generation buses all of a sudden getting white masks in the front. The only ones I know that just got white masks are #3851 and #4407. I'm not talking about the ones that Jamaica has right now.

Add 3852 and 4392 to that list. For some buses, it's a full repaint, for other it's just a nose job (3851/3852).

Artics not too fond of snow, I presume. Well, next generation of artics a dozen years from now will likely feature electric all-wheel-drive (hub motors), so we only have to wait 12 or so years to not have problems with artics in snow.

They certainly aren't, a fact that can be proven by taking a walk down an artic thoroughfare post-snowstorm...there's a jackknifed bus every few blocks. Of course, this is the first major blizzard for the LFSAs, so we'll have to see if they fare any better than the D60s, as they do have a different rotation mechanism (or lack thereof, really).

They certainly aren't, a fact that can be proven by taking a walk down an artic thoroughfare post-snowstorm...there's a jackknifed bus every few blocks. Of course, this is the first major blizzard for the LFSAs, so we'll have to see if they fare any better than the D60s, as they do have a different rotation mechanism (or lack thereof, really).

First blizzard for the LFSA's was at the end of 2010, and they jack knife just as easily as the D60.

NYCT Manhattan seems to be firmly in snow mode. Chains on almost every bus, and a lot of 40-footers running on artic routes like the M101/2/3, etc. Actually on a chain-less O7 right now, it's wheelslip galore out here...

I'm waiting for a NG on the M15... FOAM.

Good to know the M10x routes are running the 40 footers, I'll try and check them out. All Tuskegee buses or MHV/others too?

First blizzard for the LFSA's was at the end of 2010, and they jack knife just as easily as the D60.

Oh, my bad, I was thinking of the 5770 and up batch. And oh well..

I'm waiting for a NG on the M15... FOAM.

Good to know the M10x routes are running the 40 footers, I'll try and check them out. All Tuskegee buses or MHV/others too?

Only TU buses from what I've seen, but have to say they've done a good job getting chains on every artic out there.

quick question for the bus drivers before you pull out do they tell you what bus to take or do you pick the bus you want?

Depends on the depot, I know at LGA they let you pull out whatever.

i also forgot to mention i was snooping around on jerryswebsite.info the lga website cause don't they have a problem where they have to pull like 5 buses out to get the one they want to pull out? and at fresh pond they are lined up like soldiers for pull out

No detour washes their buses when it gets too cold...its better to have a dirty bus running than a clean frozen one that can't run at all

Oh I see..thanks.

I think he means cleaning on the inside...

I meant both, interior and exterior. I've ridden buses for a while and yeah they're dirty on the inside with trash laying on the floor (especially the Bx12 SBS).