BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Bus 3504 with an 'identity crisis'. Front sticker is JFK, but the rear sticker is Far Rock. So dunno if they forgot to put up the JFK sticker/fell off, but thought it was kinda odd.

*I know for now FR will be borrowing some buses from JFK now and reverting back to mainly hybrids again.

Well at least it's running around fully clothed... lol

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bus 3504 with an 'identity crisis'. Front sticker is JFK, but the rear sticker is Far Rock. So dunno if they forgot to put up the JFK sticker/fell off, but thought it was kinda odd.

*I know for now FR will be borrowing some buses from JFK now and reverting back to mainly hybrids again.

The bus is assigned to FR, I even saw 149 with BP stickers on Saturday afternoon it was on the Q35 but it's assigned to FR at the moment.

I've noticed, at least on QV's RTSes, that they've started putting the bus number above the front doorway. The numbers are in the same font and size like the ones on the redone NGs recently.

On which buses did you see that?

9365 has been running around like that for a number of years now...

That's interesting, haven't seen that myself. Only RTS I knew of with a number up top was 9365, but I guess with roof ads making a return to RTSes they don't mind putting stickers up there any more.

6670-6671 freshly overhauled.

On which buses did you see that?

9365 has been running around like that for a number of years now...

Is it only one bus? I guess I saw the same bus multiple times the same day lol. I'll tell you if I see it again. I didn't catch the numbers.

Edited by Brett

I wonder what the other new routes will be called. We have a proposed Bx46, B84 and M12. All that need a little tweaking

I'm wondering what the DUMBO route will be. The streets there make anything other than extending the B25 or B67 a few blocks each rather difficult.

Just watched CBS2 News now. The time and location: B'way & 135 @ 6:45AM; #6623 on the M10 was in a head to head collision with an SUV. The SUV has substance more critical damage to the front. 6623 looking like a boss like "Damn, you tight! Well there goes my left headlight...." But all seriousness, this really is a bad day for someone who owns the vehicle and mostly in hopes that the 11 injured will be recovering in the hospital.

NYPost.com

Edited by Metro CSW

Saw an (JFK) RTS 9124/5? on the Q35. Finally an RTS on the line since the 8600s were moved from MJQ.

Yeah it was 9124, I remember when those 8600's transferred over from quill. Now that you've mentintioned it, I have a picture an 8600 on the Q35 headed towards Flatbush.

lol... You're like one of the few people actually wanting to see an older bus show up...

Well of course you hate anything old, that's not a surprise. my point has always been the hf buses are better for loading than the lf buses were people crowd around towards the front of the bus. With the hf buses, people have no choice but to move back since it's all on the same level. And it's a rare find on that line the way the CNG buses were before this month. So it was just an observation...

Edited by Grand Concourse

Well of course you hate anything old, that's not a surprise. my point has always been the hf buses are better for loading than the lf buses were people crowd around towards the front of the bus. With the hf buses, people have no choice but to move back since it's all on the same level. And it's a rare find on that line the way the CNG buses were before this month.

lol... I would beg to differ... People don't like moving to the back in general, regardless of the bus.  They still have to be told to move to the back. It's just that with the low floor buses they have more an excuse not to do so.  It's just funny that you prefer older buses that are generally dirtier and more prone to break down.

lol... I would beg to differ... People don't like moving to the back in general, regardless of the bus.  They still have to be told to move to the back. It's just that with the low floor buses they have more an excuse not to do so.  It's just funny that you prefer older buses that are generally dirtier and more prone to break down.

And you proved my point.

whatever...and no, that's not always true. If a depot does a decent job fixing up their buses, an old one can be pretty reliable. I don't see your point about the dirtier part as some of the O7s have those fabric coverings, so they get pretty dirty fast vs a bus that's all plastic/metal inside which applies to some RTSs etc. The dirty part is due to people being slobs and lack of cleaning by the depots.

If anything other than the fact that the majority of express bus riders are regular riders, I don't see how you seem fine sitting on those seats every day when they are fabric covered vs a plastic seat which can be wiped down more easily.

Like I said it's my opinion, I'm not forcing my views on you. You are free to prefer the newer stuff, I don't see why you still make such a big deal over old vs new.

Edited by Grand Concourse