• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Via Garibaldi 8

• XcelsiorBoii4888

• Cait Sith

• BM5 via Woodhaven

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring em back to Ulmer and QV is what I say...let the island get the Nova crap

They way them 3G's are looking, Staten Island can keep them. Personally i'm not a fan of the 3Gs, I prefer my Orion V. The aerodynamics on those 3G's though is ridiculous. You can have one top window open and it feels like a tornado is on the bus. 

They way them 3G's are looking, Staten Island can keep them. Personally i'm not a fan of the 3Gs, I prefer my Orion V. The aerodynamics on those 3G's though is ridiculous. You can have one top window open and it feels like a tornado is on the bus. 

They handle the crowds better than the LFS.

Well, the BxM11 service change starts on Sunday:

http://web.mta.info/nyct/service/servChanges_Bxm17_oct19_14.htm

There is no service change.  The route is slightly modified.  B/O's will still keep doing their own thing out of Yonkers so this isn't even a big deal.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

what do you mean?  as in them looking you as a someone who doesn't belong on the bus?

Yeah. Last ride you should've seen the looks from the people. Someone who obviously worked at 1 Police Plaza (was talking about cop stuff) stared at me the whole ride.

But according to our friend VG8 here it's just part of the "express bus culture".

No looks from anyone on tonight's QM11 ride... finally. Maybe the express bus elite crowd leaves early, gotta remember to take it a little later like I did today next time I need it.

You won't get any on the QM10/11.

Now on the QM5/6/7/8 on the other hand.....you're gonna get some looks!

No looks from anyone on tonight's QM11 ride... finally. Maybe the express bus elite crowd leaves early, gotta remember to take it a little later like I did today next time I need it.

Well listen most express buses run through isolated areas of the city where people go only if they live there, so if you're getting on the express bus the thought is you must live there and some neighborhoods are well to do in Northeast Queens (Bay Terrace, Bayside, Beechurst, Whitestone, etc. come to mind).  You also have places like Howard Beach and Neponsit.  Neponsit is VERY expensive and also VERY isolated, so they're probably wondering where in the hell you're going.  I often times see some of my fellow express bus riders in the neighborhood, running errands, in the supermarket, etc., so you just know when someone doesn't live in the area and they look out of place. They're probably wondering where are you getting the money to ride the express bus from given your age because to live in some areas where express buses run you need to making a decent amount of cash to afford an expensive apartment or house, a car and/or the express bus, not to mention schlepping that far just for the hell of it.  There is no way in hell I'm talking an hour plus ride to Neponsit just because, not unless I'm looking to live there. In many neighborhoods like these you'll be paying a just a little less than someone living in Manhattan when you add up the travel expenses, etc. It's not as if teenagers are swimming in money unless they have an allowance from mommy and daddy. lol

Of course... The 7/8 run through affluent areas and probably have the same people riding.

Rego and Forest Hills may not be as affluent as those other areas but if they're coming from down here chances are they have a pretty good job in finance. They got good money there just like they do in Bayside and Fresh Meadows. QM11s (and QM25s as well going to Middle Village) can be just as packed as a QM7 or 8.

Rego and Forest Hills may not be as affluent as those other areas but if they're coming from down here chances are they have a pretty good job in finance. They got good money there just like they do in Bayside and Fresh Meadows. QM11s (and QM25s as well going to Middle Village) can be just as packed as a QM7 or 8.

The QM10 goes to LeFrak City which is anything but affluent. Rego Park isn't affluent either.  Forest Hills is however affluent, especially the estate area, but I don't get the impression that the Forest Hills folks use the express buses like that.  In other words, they don't even bother with the express buses like that.  They'll either drive or take the LIRR in and Rego Park certainly isn't all that great in terms of money wise anyway.

1254 has hard seats like the 5xxx LFSAs. Kinda weird seeing them on a 1200

They are probably starting to replace them on the 1200's since those fabric seats are harder to clean. I don't even think the MTA even bothers to clean them. A few NG's have those seats taken out and replaced.

Edited by NewFlyer 230