BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ladies and Gentlemen, it's time for another round of "Spot the Service Cuts!" ;)

Wanna win a cookie? Do your best.

* The B9's been rerouted via Avenue N.

* The B82's been rerouted slightly via Avenue P->East 18th Street instead of staying on Kings Highway.

* The B7's been cut back to Flatbush Avenue.

* The B47's been rerouted via Avenue T and Fillmore Avenue.

* The B100's been reroted via Avenue U and Avenue R.

Now where's my cookie? :P

Ladies and Gentlemen, it's time for another round of "Spot the Service Cuts!" ;)

Wanna win a cookie? Do your best.

* The B9's been rerouted via Avenue N.

* The B82's been rerouted slightly via Avenue P->East 18th Street instead of staying on Kings Highway.

* The B7's been cut back to Flatbush Avenue.

* The B47's been rerouted via Avenue T and Fillmore Avenue.

* The B100's been reroted via Avenue U and Avenue R.

Now where's my cookie? :P

You forgot B44 SBS ;)

The B7 and B82 running briefly on Avenue P has been in effect for a while now. I don't know how it came about.

The re-routing of the B47 was mainly to fill the gap left by the B100.

Hmmm... any favorite flavor in particular? :P

Damn, and the B44 +SBS+ was the most obvious one.

And I'll take oatmeal raisin. :P

You forgot B44 SBS ;)

The B7 and B82 running briefly on Avenue P has been in effect for a while now. I don't know how it came about.

The re-routing of the B47 was mainly to fill the gap left by the B100.

Hmmm... any favorite flavor in particular? :P

Damn, and the B44 +SBS+ was the most obvious one.

And I'll take oatmeal raisin. :P

I rode 1700 on the N25 today. The old deceleration lights that were mounted on the rear panel were either removed or they grabbed a rear panel from another NG and just put it on there.

Anyway, Berlin Wall of text ahead, do skip ahead to the end if you wish.

>old friend from HS was a gearhead and a motorcycle mechanic from the start of 7th grade

>buys a 1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass and spends most of HS restoring it, gets it roadworthy by the end of junior year

>fast forward to November 2009, skips first to third period, see him when he gets back between classes, and tells me that he took and passed his road test

>ends up shuttling this slightly-less-than-fortunate, drug addicted, and extremely annoying girl and her more annoying friends around for the rest of senior year

>only offers to give me a ride... twice out of the whole year and have no choice but to walk otherwise

>graduate and never see him around as he moved to FL for school

>he graduates from there, moves back to NY, gets a job with Harley-Davidson, and drives around before deciding his Olds wasn't cutting it or whatever

>he decides to get a pickup truck much to the chagrin of his strict father, and thinks it is a good idea to try a burnout

>mfw I read on FB that he was put into an extremely bad mood because of him ____ing his truck up with that attempted burnout

>mfw two years later it takes me an hour and a half to get home because I have to take three buses, the first two being late and crowded every time I use them, and if I miss the third, I have to over a mile home when I'm already tired and it's getting cold

317qf.jpg

Edited by Joel Up Front

I rode 1700 on the N25 today. The old deceleration lights that were mounted on the rear panel were either removed or they grabbed a rear panel from another NG and just put it on there.

Anyway, Berlin Wall of text ahead, do skip ahead to the end if you wish.

>old friend from HS was a gearhead and a motorcycle mechanic from the start of 7th grade

>buys a 1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass and spends most of HS restoring it, gets it roadworthy by the end of junior year

>fast forward to November 2009, skips first to third period, see him when he gets back between classes, and tells me that he took and passed his road test

>ends up shuttling this slightly-less-than-fortunate, drug addicted, and extremely annoying girl and her more annoying friends around for the rest of senior year

>only offers to give me a ride... twice out of the whole year and have no choice but to walk otherwise

>graduate and never see him around as he moved to FL for school

>he graduates from there, moves back to NY, gets a job with Harley-Davidson, and drives around before deciding his Olds wasn't cutting it or whatever

>he decides to get a pickup truck much to the chagrin of his strict father, and thinks it is a good idea to try a burnout

>mfw I read on FB that he was put into an extremely bad mood because of him ____ing his truck up with that attempted burnout

>mfw two years later it takes me an hour and a half to get home because I have to take three buses, the first two being late and crowded every time I use them, and if I miss the third, I have to over a mile home when I'm already tired and it's getting cold

317qf.jpg

Edited by Joel Up Front

5057 has been repainted. THe number plate at the back though wasn't repainted so the plate is black and the numbers are white just like the back. THe front numbers are a bit crooked and it doesn't have the MTA logo on it. I only wished I had my camera out to get pics of it. Looks so weird seeing a 'fresh' coated bus.

9644, saw it twice today. 1st one was heading towards KP. 2nd time I saw it layed up near Troy Av and Av N.

5057 has been repainted. THe number plate at the back though wasn't repainted so the plate is black and the numbers are white just like the back. THe front numbers are a bit crooked and it doesn't have the MTA logo on it. I only wished I had my camera out to get pics of it. Looks so weird seeing a 'fresh' coated bus.

9644, saw it twice today. 1st one was heading towards KP. 2nd time I saw it layed up near Troy Av and Av N.

So here's a rundown of my travels today:

* Caught my normal S89 to school. Nothing special there.

* Caught the S44 home. Again, nothing special there.

* I had to pick up something at my brother's school, so I took the S94 and then walked over to the school. Then, I needed to go to an after-school activity at the YMCA, so I took the S61 to the S53. I asked for another transfer so I didn't run out of rides, but it turns out, I didn't need it (I'll explain below).

Then I walked over to Forest Avenue and caught the S98. The farebox said "1 XFer OK" (I was surprised that S94->S61->S98 was allowed). Then I got to Richmond Avenue at the same time an S89 was supposed to show up, but apparently he was early or a no-show, so I had to wait for the 19:26 S59. He came in a little late, but he probably did it to avoid coming early at subsequent stops. The farebox was broken, but since I had a Student MetroCard, it didn't matter.

In the meantime, an X10 arrived 3 minutes late, but from Via Garibaldi's description, they tend to come early, so again, he probably did it to avoid coming early at subsequent stops.

So here's a rundown of my travels today:

* Caught my normal S89 to school. Nothing special there.

* Caught the S44 home. Again, nothing special there.

* I had to pick up something at my brother's school, so I took the S94 and then walked over to the school. Then, I needed to go to an after-school activity at the YMCA, so I took the S61 to the S53. I asked for another transfer so I didn't run out of rides, but it turns out, I didn't need it (I'll explain below).

Then I walked over to Forest Avenue and caught the S98. The farebox said "1 XFer OK" (I was surprised that S94->S61->S98 was allowed). Then I got to Richmond Avenue at the same time an S89 was supposed to show up, but apparently he was early or a no-show, so I had to wait for the 19:26 S59. He came in a little late, but he probably did it to avoid coming early at subsequent stops. The farebox was broken, but since I had a Student MetroCard, it didn't matter.

In the meantime, an X10 arrived 3 minutes late, but from Via Garibaldi's description, they tend to come early, so again, he probably did it to avoid coming early at subsequent stops.

I remember seeing a 1989 Bx55 map on the bus stop that showed the 161 St branch many years ago. It was somewhere around the mid to late '90s, even though it no longer went to Yankee Stadium. I believe it was removed last decade. :P

I also remember the Bx26 map that showed the Fordham Center branch.

I remember seeing a 1989 Bx55 map on the bus stop that showed the 161 St branch many years ago. It was somewhere around the mid to late '90s, even though it no longer went to Yankee Stadium. I believe it was removed last decade. :P

I also remember the Bx26 map that showed the Fordham Center branch.

Saw 9644 again on Thursday. It's just crazy, the bus is stalking me, lol.

5056 is repainted.

3597, still has the SC sticker on it and a Brooklyn bus map, but has been in service on the Q35 twice this week. First time I saw 3597, I thought the sign was wrong or that it might've been a SC fill in for the Q35, but no it really is at FR [if reported already, sorry i didn't have time to look thru all the bus moves].