BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I took the Bx36 today, Soundview-bound, and it was detoured to Burnside Av between Grand Concourse and Webster Ave/178 St. The B/O said there was a road collapse between Anthony Av and Valentine Av. I can't remember when was the last time I took a detoured bus.

Really the road collapsed? This I got to check....

Really the road collapsed? This I got to check....
Yep, that's what the B/O said. Some passengers wanting to get off at the other side of Concourse and Anthony Av had to get off in front of Concourse (near the downtown Bx1/2 stop). I don't know if downtown buses were rerouted to Burnside Av, however, and I don't know for sure if everything's back to normal now. It was hard to see that hill at Tremont since the driver took a turn at 178 St.

That bus is almost brand new, makes sense it'd fly! MTA got it in late 2009 I believe, only a year and a half in service IINM. They have been doing some work though, I know the OGs 6416, 6650, 6655, and a couple others have had their engines thoroughly fixed up recently.

Yeah it's very evident though... They've also been changing out the seats too I notice amongst other things.

What's funny is that I was there this week, but I have to replace my camera today b/c the camera lens won't open properly and the LCD screen is sightly damaged. :tdown:

Ouch sorry to hear that bro. I've been to Westchester square about a few weeks ago. Got some photos of the Westchester yard while I was around there.

I'm an Orion VII CNG....

PEW...PEW...PEW...PEW...

Sorry, I'm bored on this B35 lol

Anyone knows any other excellent spots for me to busfan? I'd like to try out Riverdale, Co-op City, and the Pelham Bay area one day.

Downtown Brooklyn

-12 bus routes

-6 different types of buses

-plenty of places for good shots

Can't go wrong there...then there's always the ladies :cool::)

I can vouch for that, I went down to fan there last week and you've got ENY, FB, GA, SC, JG, and FP buses all on one corner. [Aaaand the ladies haha]

60th and 2nd you've also got the Q32, Q60, Q101, M15 and M15 SBS along with being two blocks from the M31 and M57, one block from the M101/M102/M103. [60 y/o Polish ladies]

Then there's also...

-Harlem (go along 125 St)

-Pelham Bay

-Flushing

-Kings Plaza

-St. George

-Near Herald Sq (mainly if you're an MCI type of guy)

Two weeks closer to Judgment Day for LIB. They've been running Orion Vs sparingly - either they bring out the older ones from 2000 (1500s) or the 2003 batch (1632 and up) and running NGs everywhere they can, especially on the N6 and N16.

This ghetto queen waiting for an N31 was butthurt when she found out the NG sitting in the N31 bay was an N32. She ranted to the bus operator for no good reason....

Since I moved I haven't been on the Q67, so today I decided to give a swing att it.

For starters, I got bus 104 and the destination sign is broken (not suprised). There's 2 passengers on the bus (once again, not suprised), and cotunting myself and the driver, there's a total of 3 people on this trip

At least the bus rides good (total shocker right there)

This has probably been answered somewhere, but I didn't find it. I am looking to clarify the different divisions; all the regular buses (like Bx9) would be considered NYCT or MaBSTOA and all the expresses (like BxM3) are "MTA Bus"? Also, what is the difference between MaBSTOA and NYCT?

I will be starting with NYCT next week and was wondering if I wanted to take the BxM3 (since I live in Yonkers) versus taking the BeeLine to one of the subway terminals that my employee pass would be valid. What I've read so far is that NYCT passes are NOT compatible with MTA Bus? Even though it's all MTA?:confused:

That's right. NYCT personnel do not get free rides on Bus Company routes (the opposite is true as well). LIB employees do get passes, but they are only valid on LIB. I can't remember what further restrictions there were, but I think it involved express buses.

I caught a good five new (i.e. from post 2009) buses on the way home today, and finally got to see an XD40 up close. That rear seating arrangement will never work in (MTA) territory.