BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last couple mornings, I stumpled on to the confirmation of the B15 discontinuing service to/from the Postal Facility in Spring Creek. To be effective on Sunday, September 8.

You guys can tell me if this was mentioned before. Most of you may have notice I've been on the DL the whole summer.

Edited by Metro CSW

The last couple mornings, I stumpled on to the confirmation of the B15 discontinuing service to/from the Postal Facility in Spring Creek. To be effective on Sunday, September 8.

You guys can tell me if this was mentioned before. Most of you may have notice I've been on the DL the whole summer.

yes it was

uhh has the question been asked on which lane the b32 will use at the williamsburg bridge plaza?

I don't think its stopping in the terminal at all...might share the stop with the Q59 outside the terminal. Makes no sense for it to get its own lane in the terminal with its ridiculous headways

Yes you're right...

The postal facility trips will now end at Linden & Eldert La, and the airport trips will go straight to the airport.

There will be no more combination trips

I don't think its stopping in the terminal at all...might share the stop with the Q59 outside the terminal. Makes no sense for it to get its own lane in the terminal with its ridiculous headways

Hey, the B39 happened to get it's own lane. You never know.

They only have two B32 stops in Queens up, last time I checked (yesterday), at Jackson/21st, and 21st/45th.  The terminal at 21st/44th still only says Q67.

The B39 always had a lane there lol

But didn't another bus route utilize it before (IIRC the Q54)?

Because originally after being extended to Willamsburg in 2010, the Q59 had it's line in the WBP.

Also, the QM24 and QM25 should be in one schedule, the amount of space on both timetables not being used is insane.

Only one more tab needs to be made for the combined timetable is 4 (compared to 3 on the QM24 and 3 on the QM25)

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

But didn't another bus route utilize it before (IIRC the Q54)?

Because originally after being extended to Willamsburg in 2010, the Q59 had it's line in the WBP.

Also, the QM24 and QM25 should be in one schedule, the amount of space on both timetables not being used is insane.

Only one more tab needs to be made for the combined timetable is 4 (compared to 3 on the QM24 and 3 on the QM25)

before the service cuts the layout was always like this...

Lane 1: B24

Lane 2: B44

Lane 3: B46

Lane 4: Q54

Lane 5: B60

Lane 6: B39

After the cuts, lane 6 sat vacant before they moved everything around to...

Lane 1: B24

Lane 2: B44

Lane 3: B46

Lane 4: Q54

Lane 5: Q59

Lane 6: B60

Once the 39 came back, everything went back to normal with the Q59 getting kicked out

Agree. Considering buses likely won't come until 2014-2015, it's gonna be a whole different scene in terms of retirements as the og OGs (heh) start to reach 12-13 years a piece and that'll require some movements.

Two ad observations:

1) Window ads on OGs now, had only seen that on one Quill bus before

2) Unbelievably huge new RTS ads that are the entire driver's side of the bus from ground to window and wheel to wheel, practically a side wrap

Goes to show you how much of a beating the Orion VII 3Gs and XD40s went through so far

I ride these two types of buses A LOT, since i ride the S52/S53, and B1/B36 frequently. 

For those asking how the buses are doing? These are some things i see riding the bus, of course...lots of bad things are happening.

Orion VII 3G

(i'll start from exterior of bus, to the inside) front to back

Buses are holding up in staten island.

Lots of buses are starting to have lots of sideswipes. 

stop request signs are showing just red light (no letters) 

the GPS boxes are rattling a lot

the A/Cs sometimes leak water on the left side over the single seats. 

the buses are getting tagged really bad. mainly in the back behind the high seat. some of the grip bars on the headrest of the seats are missing. 

some buses are having problems switching into gears.

A/C works good, heat works good. 

New Flyer XD40

pull cords stay broken (or look like a tangled rope)

seats are always vibrating hard....

the roofs have lots of cracks and pieces hanging. 

lots of rattling