BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 person got on at 74th Street. At Delta, 2 got on. And then at the Central Terminal, like 8 to 11 employees got on. They were actually excited about it. They all knew they were riding the first Q70. Then the bus got to almost 50 on the highway, and all got off at 74th, except me. One said "It took 7 minutes!" (Central to 74th).

google didn't even change over lga for the q70 they still have the q33 running to lga :P:lol:

Well its just the first day, can't expect google to have that info as quickly as the MTA.

I looked on the MTA website, under the service investments and it got pushed back to next year. It didn't say what month though.

Probably to January.

Well its just the first day, can't expect google to have that info as quickly as the MTA.

google was already to go with the B32 and the  :bus_bullet_b67: and is google being overly optimistic? cause they have the q29 at victor moore/74th street 

Edited by BreeddekalbL

google was already to go with the B32 and the  :bus_bullet_b67: and is google being overly optimistic? cause they have the q29 at victor moore/74th street 

NYCT and BusCo are two different GTFS's. NYCT's is usually released a couple weeks before the service change, IIRC Bus Co's is updated somewhat infrequently.

Edited by Amtrak7

Lol:

From NY1:

Brooklyn is booming and now the Metropolitan Transportation Authority says it's time for bus service in some of those neighborhoods to catch up.

The agency has proposed creating a line known as the B32 to connect waterfront Greenpoint and Williamsburg with Long Island City.

That came as welcome news along Kent Avenue in Williamsburg, where the nearest bus stop is three long blocks away.

"People gotta get around all over. So many people, there's no way to get around without enough buses," one man said.

The B32 would run along stretches down Kent Avenue, where the high rises keep rising as more people move into the neighborhood.

"It's not enough, it's not enough on Kent -- we need a bus on Kent," one man said.

The MTA also wants to extend the M67 into the so-called "Brooklyn tech triangle," which includes DUMBO, Downtown Brooklyn and the area around the Brooklyn Navy Yard.

The MTA says it has yet to finalize the route plans for the new B32 and the extended B67 lines, but it hopes to have both bus lines up and running by the fall of this year.

Both proposals drew cheers and jeers Tuesday at an MTA hearing at Brooklyn Borough Hall.

- See more at: http://brooklyn.ny1.com/content/pages/181246/new-bus-lines-to-expand-service-in-brooklyn#sthash.0rvGC2YS.dpuf

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

Just came back from kings plaza (well, technically the home depot, short of kings plaza).....

Since when is #6292 (an O5) out of Grand? I didn't get on it b/c it was too crushloaded at snyder/ralph, but it was a rather odd thing to have seen... I must be definitely out of the loop when they're running an O5 on the B47.....

Didn't know about the extension. I thought the M100 was just being rerouted.

Oh, nah.... It's an extension.... One I think actually makes sense.

The M100 terminates, well, terminated, over there on 2nd/125th (NW side/corner).....

Its a small extension, but an extension (eastward) nonetheless, over to 1st/125th.

I just looked at the M100 schedule, and I don't see a reroute.

So did I, and the extension to 1st is shown on the route map & listed as a timepoint in the schedule as well....

Again, it's not a re-route....

Has anybody ever busfanned routes like the B38 , B26 , B52 , B25 , B48 , B44 ect ? Because I hardly see pics of those routes . Just wondering .

fanned them, yeah... took pictures of them, nope (I don't take pictures when I fan... not my forte).

You raise a point I long have thought about in this community for years now - and that is, there are certain routes (not necessarily the ones you've listed) that you'll seldom see pictures of... For whatever the reasons.... I suppose some locations are easier to shoot at than others; I don't know, you'll have to ask the picture/video takers on the forum about that.....