BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

They must be doing something. Does not take a year to change an engine. Must be preparing for the next order. Besides arent MTAs big orders always based off the test order?

It hasn't been a full year. It would make 0 sense to use a 2011-built bus as a 2013-2014 demonstration bus because they would have to test the buses with the newest and updated specs.

Nope, only just recently. MOST orders are based off of the demos that come straight from the factory, hence why we had an LFSA demo before the 5000s came in, the MCI demo in 2011 and the apparent x3-45 demo that was shot in Brooklyn.

After the factory-spec'd buses were tested, if they win the order, thats when the specs are being made for them.

Edited by Cait Sith

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of the five remaining Orion V CNGs left in service, 9899 has the loudest ringer.

Haha, of course you would, lmao.

Or just hope the bus gets damaged (in a way that no passenger does).

That'll send it straight to ECH.

I'm surprised it hasn't spontaneously combusted being that it's now in service for more than it's recommended lifespan.

Also, get this, they painted #9825 just recently so that it could go to scrap.

All the Orion V CNG's can dipp already lol. The C40LF's beat all 5 of em.

Burn.

Haha, of course you would, lmao.

I'm surprised it hasn't spontaneously combusted being that it's now in service for more than it's recommended lifespan.

Also, get this, they painted #9825 just recently so that it could go to scrap.

Burn.

I swear, if they repaint 9899 to keep that bus for a while, imma lose it. 

It hasn't been a full year. It would make 0 sense to use a 2011-built bus as a 2013-2014 demonstration bus because they would have to test the buses with the newest and updated specs.

Nope, only just recently. MOST orders are based off of the demos that come straight from the factory, hence why we had an LFSA demo before the 5000s came in, the MCI demo in 2011 and the apparent x3-45 demo that was shot in Brooklyn.

After the factory-spec'd buses were tested, if they win the order, thats when the specs are being made for them.

Speaking of which, it's the 4th gen LFS that we'll be getting, right?

Also wondering if there's any 2nd gen Xcelsior model around the corner. The current one is...shitty.

alright wth are they protesting at lga?

Service Change Posted: 01/20/2014 12:07PM

Q70, Q72 and M60 buses are running with delays in both directions due to a protest march at LaGuardia Airport.

Allow additional travel time

Port Authority didn't put out any alerts... I don't know.

EDIT: It's the SEIU thugs. Can't post the link from my phone, but it's them and PAPD is taking care of the situation. Apparently they're trying to block the 94th Street entrance to LGA.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

EDIT: It's the SEIU thugs. Can't post the link from my phone, but it's them and PAPD is taking care of the situation. Apparently they're trying to block the 94th Street entrance to LGA.

i think it's regarding a group of airline workers who were outsourced to contractors and had their benefits usurped

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-area-airport-workers-rally-mlk-day-better-pay-article-1.1581489

Edited by BreeddekalbL

Yeah man, how dare those damn thugs demand that...their jobs not be outsourced and benefits they paid into not be taken away? I guess they should be REAL MERICUHNS and celebrate it? I never understand this line of thought.

Yeah man, how dare those damn thugs demand that...their jobs not be outsourced and benefits they paid into not be taken away? I guess they should be REAL MERICUHNS and celebrate it? I never understand this line of thought.

They're violent thugs. This has nothing to do with pro-union or anti-union, it's pro-SEIU or anti-SEIU. This (purpleshirts blocking streets) shows once again that the SEIU is a radical organization who doesn't know the meaning of a peaceful protest.

You want to sit there on the median of the road over there and make fools of yourselves as it is to get your word out fine, that's your 1st Amendment right (though the Port Authority has constantly shown no respect for the 1st Amendment but that's another story), but you can't block people from getting where they want to go and infringe on their right of free movement.

They're violent thugs. This has nothing to do with pro-union or anti-union, it's pro-SEIU or anti-SEIU. This (purpleshirts blocking streets) shows once again that the SEIU is a radical organization who doesn't know the meaning of a peaceful protest.

You want to sit there on the median of the road over there and make fools of yourselves as it is to get your word out fine, that's your 1st Amendment right (though the Port Authority has constantly shown no respect for the 1st Amendment but that's another story), but you can't block people from getting where they want to go and infringe on their right of free movement.

Violent thugs? As in, they physically beat people? Since when?

Anyways, blocking the road probably ain't the best way to go, but if my job got outsourced and benefits I paid into got stripped (quite literally robbery), I'd be pissed. As this is PA, not really surprising. When you got two massively anti-union governors in charge, that'll happen.

Get back to me when you're tried of your employer undercutting you at every opportunity.

Violent thugs? As in, they physically beat people? Since when?

Anyways, blocking the road probably ain't the best way to go, but if my job got outsourced and benefits I paid into got stripped (quite literally robbery), I'd be pissed. As this is PA, not really surprising. When you got two massively anti-union governors in charge, that'll happen.

Yes they do actually. Look up SEIU Thugs on YouTube.

And it doesn't matter how pissed you are. You can't restrict people's free movement like that period.

Get back to me when you're tried of your employer undercutting you at every opportunity.

So you're defending people who take to violence and restricting others' rights to get their word out? And beating people up who don't agree with them?

Unions protesting is 1 thing. Taking it to the extreme is another. The SEIU takes it to the extreme.

Orion, you are wrong and you sound stupid repeating this point. The union for hospital service employees (in this case, airline service employees) and nurses is not composed of "violent thugs" and has every right to be protesting as they see fit.

Edited by MHV9218