BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No BusTime on 3830.

Don't report it here... Report it to the (MTA) .... There's been quite a few express buses not on Bus Time either and I've been writing in because being able to track the bus from inside and not in the elements has been fantastic.  Of late I just hang out in one of my café spots, have a pastry and an double espresso and just stroll outside a few minutes before the bus is due to arrive.

What is the standard procedure for the RTS when the front doesn't come up? For example, just moments ago my B3 started to just drop off passengers and not pick up anymore passengers at Ocean Ave. The B/O did state that they would make all stops, just not picking up anymore passengers. There was another MTA official as well but I didn't see any tags or anything. Is that correct procedure or something of a spur?

Also I laugh at people who double-park at a bus stop and when a bus pulls up blocking their way, it's just like...what did ya expect? lol

Turn it off then turn it back on. That should reset it and it should come up. If not, throw it in neutral, floor it while raising it. If not that, then a lot of people have to get off, too much weight on it

The bus was turned off and on and the E 18 St stop, I don't know about the reset it but the B/O did try to raise it twice, pretty sure the operator never floored it either.

Like I said, the operator said all stops would be made without picking up additional passengers, I got off at Nostrand so I can't account for what happened afterwards. I could just say there were a lot of pissed off passengers waiting along the route. Luckily there were 2 B3's behind us.

MTA Bus time doesn't seem to show detour buses.

Yesterday, I took (7), Q50, Bx12 SBS, Bx41 SBS, B15, M15 SBS, M79, M1, M5, M34 SBS, (2), B44 SBS, B25, (3), (1), (N), (7).

Subways: 5 subway ride, 4 lines.

Buses: 11 buses.

See this for proof of SBS I took.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/43830-2014-yukis-transit-journey-itenary/?do=findComment&comment=741794

They should program something in buses that will not make it move when kneeled, just like how they cant move with the back door open.

When the bus has to pick up a wheel chair person the bus driver does something and the bus makes a different noise it's louder than the bus it's self. When he or she is done there has been times where they forgot to switch it back to normal and they would driver with the bus sounding louder. Idk what you call it but buses can do it while idling at a stop and or while picking a wheelchair person up.

Edited by College Pt Man

They should program something in buses that will not make it move when kneeled, just like how they cant move with the back door open.

There's no need to program anything. That's the whole purpose of the interlock on a bus.

When the bus has to pick up a wheel chair person the bus driver does something and the bus makes a different noise it's louder than the bus it's self. When he or she is done there has been times where they forgot to switch it back to normal and they would driver with the bus sounding louder. Idk what you call it but buses can do it while idling at a stop and or while picking a wheelchair person up.

The bus is put into fast idle when this happens. There's no way to drive with it on, as fast idle only occurs when the bus is in Neutral.

100th is short on buses so Manhattanville loaned hybrids to them.

No...

First of all, that was only a one-time thing for the snowstorm when they lacked enough 40-footers to displace all the artics. Secondly, there were no Manhattanville buses out on the TU routes last night.

7599 moves well. Engine sounds nice, turbo spooling sound is nice and loud, and pop-off valve gives a good sound. Bus is also in better condition than some of the XD40 shitcans.

Yeah those buses were built good. Idk what NF was thinking.

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888