BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time is telling now, only two years...holy shyt...if you look closely...you see some crazy sights.

Compared to the Orion 3G's which one is doing better?

I bet JA and QV would do a better job with those XD40's than ENY and UP is. Those LFS are in far better shape than those XD40's and Orion VII 3G's. Send the XD40's to MJQ and they'll be alright.

Time is telling now, only two years...holy shyt...if you look closely...you see some crazy sights.

Sounds like what I see on the Prevosts... I was on an X27 last Sunday coming from Bay Ridge and none of the damn electric outlet worked, so I couldn't charge my phone.

---

A side note, yesterday I saw something very interesting... There were 40 footers on the M79, M101 and M103 I believe too.  I saw quite a few of them along 3rd Avenue as I was waiting for the BxM1 back to Riverdale last night.  Caught me by surprise.  Is MJQ short on artics or what?  The 40 footers seemed to be loaners from a few depots (i.e. Manhattanville).

A side note, yesterday I saw something very interesting... There were 40 footers on the M79, M101 and M103 I believe too.  I saw quite a few of them along 3rd Avenue as I was waiting for the BxM1 back to Riverdale last night.  Caught me by surprise.  Is MJQ short on artics or what?  The 40 footers seemed to be loaners from a few depots (i.e. Manhattanville).

Snow = as far artics in service as possible. 100th doesn't have enough 40-footers to cover the M101/2/3 together, so Manhattanville sent buses.

@College Point....I love the Xcelsiors design, interior, etc.but built wise...the Orion VII 3G. When I ride those Xcelsiors everday, all of them rattle

4877, and 4884 both have the box little thing on the top in the back half hanging, so that rattles,

4891 on top near the door, the whole plastic part rattles and you can see it dangling,

4882, 4893, 4895 have little broken pole supporters on the roof,

4877 had some bent up trims along the side near the seats below the window

4888 has some loose seats, or something underneath is rattling.

And lastly, most of them, if not all, have the poles sliding of the seats. You can see the black suction things sliding off the seats.

I blame NF and CAS IMO.

Because 4855-4869 are in fine condition when it comes to what i just mentioned, only thing similar is the rattling, and the poles sliding off the seats. And those been at UP since. A few people from UP said those Xcelsiors from CAS came half messed up.

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

Does this mean your are going to change your name back to "lilGIjoe"?

Not at all, I still like the buses, im just saying they should of been built better, because those other new buses arent having that problem for the majority of the fleet. And some and I dont want 276 more rushed built Xcelsiors.

Honestly, if they were built more solid, (at least like the LFS) then they would be some great buses for the city.

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

Not at all, I still like the buses, im just saying they should of been built better, because those other new buses arent having that problem for the majority of the fleet. And some and I dont want 276 more rushed built Xcelsiors.

I'm highly critical of the model itself, but for all anyone knows they might get it right in 2014.

Edited by Turbo19

198 seems to have a rebuilt engine. It has less miles on the bus than the other C40LF and the engine sounds a little different (the whining sound isn't in tune with the engine).

9836 is Scrap. It hasn't seen service for months. Seems like Zerega finished their training with them.

198 seems to have a rebuilt engine. It has less miles on the bus than the other C40LF and the engine sounds a little different (the whining sound isn't in tune with the engine).

9836 is Scrap. It hasn't seen service for months. Seems like Zerega finished their training with them.

198 does have a new engine and 9836 hasn't been retired. It's sitting in CP with no farebox.

So I was trying to catch the 1:00 PM Q67 outta FP Road, about to make it, all of a sudden, it leaves early (12:57 PM). Now, you may not think its much, but here's the thing: The Q67 takes only 29-31 minutes on schedule, instead of 40 minutes (the fact that 3 minutes was added to the schedule on weekends in the fall, that was my wtf moment), and the bus goes up 69th Street rapidly (yes, I know what some of you are thinking). By the time it reaches Maspeth, it would be 7 minutes ahead of schedule (not good, since that area's where you get people on the Q67). That bus must've been empty today.

I would've better preferred the Q67 leave 3 minutes late (it would still be ahead of schedule by the time it reaches LIC).

And, I was on the Q38 trying to make the connection, but when it left when I was at the red light at Metro/FP, I said screw it, and decided to go for the (M) train at Metropolitan Avenue.

( -_- )

Honestly, if they were built more solid, (at least like the LFS) then they would be some great buses for the city.

How were you able to change your name? I've been wanting to change my name since I joined back in 2010

Edited by College Pt Man

198 has been OOS for a while, which explains the mileage being low, a rebuilt engine would not decrease mileage.

Edited by Cait Sith

What is the standard procedure for the RTS when the front doesn't come up? For example, just moments ago my B3 started to just drop off passengers and not pick up anymore passengers at Ocean Ave. The B/O did state that they would make all stops, just not picking up anymore passengers.  There was another MTA official as well but I didn't see any tags or anything.  Is that correct procedure or something of a spur?

Also I laugh at people who double-park at a bus stop and when a bus pulls up blocking their way, it's just like...what did ya expect? lol

What is the standard procedure for the RTS when the front doesn't come up? For example, just moments ago my B3 started to just drop off passengers and not pick up anymore passengers at Ocean Ave. The B/O did state that they would make all stops, just not picking up anymore passengers.  There was another MTA official as well but I didn't see any tags or anything.  Is that correct procedure or something of a spur?

Also I laugh at people who double-park at a bus stop and when a bus pulls up blocking their way, it's just like...what did ya expect? lol

It used to be years ago that they'd ask a certain number of passengers to deboard and board again in an attempt to raise the bus from the kneeled position. Not sure if that is even official or not though.

If you ask me the operator took the easy way out by not picking up passengers as I'm sure the bus could have likely stood service until the end, but their call.