8002 NOVA Arrived at CASTLETON

cartmn1210

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jamaica is not getting no OG's!

DID YOU HEAR OUT OF THE 3, I didn't Just Said Jamaica Depot, They Also have a Few Older RTS to Replace, Not that many, But I did See @ QV OG Hybirds at the Depot In December in Training, I Hate whe people bash other people over little bullshit, That's what is this fourm is for, And I know how Transit does with their buses, QV,UP and CAS will get 30 of each of the 3 90bus orders, the Novas are to replace the the worst buses, (to Me 1996 Orion V's at CS and WF)

To end the story short, The TA in Paper want the older Nova RTS out, We all said the same when the 8000's were being replaced, but yet the 1993 and some 1995 Orion V's Retired 1st before they even start touching the 8000's, Long story short I think the TA will replace the 1996 Orion V's first (TA) ones, They are doing Very Bad and their Frames are beat to shit, CS will get whatever the TA have to get rid of those 1996 Orion V's,

These Are the Depots that still Have Older Buses That NEED TO BE REPLACED(Besides the 3 depots getting the New Buses :

Fresh Pond ( They Are Planned to get the 30 NG's from CAS

East New York (possible for NG's from CAS, Or More OG's or More RTS)

West Farms: They have the 1996 Oroion V's and some 8900 RTS, But They will Mostlikeley Get More CNG's from CP

Casey Stingel: Still Have the 1996 Orion V's: Possible More NG's or More 1999 Orion V's or More OG's from another depot

Now for MTA Bus:

Basiley Park: Still Have those 1995/96 ex-Bee Line Orion V's, (they don't need to go as fast as the LGA Ones, But they will most likely get leftover RTS or Orion V's Or More Hybirds OG or NG to replace those Orion V's, But I don't see it happening until atleast the Fall or Winter

LGA: Still Have a Shitload of Shitty Buses, But The Hell Give them More Shitty Buses, Jk They still Have the 1995,1996 Nova RTS, and the 1995 Orion V's from Bee-Line, (Possible, Getting any leftover bus they can grab, Meaning the older RTS from 1997 or whatever they decide I really don't care because I hate this depot.

Any way or the Other Your going to Have Buses going to other depots and its going to freak out some major busfans, Until then We can just enjoy the hobby.

That's great news. The Nova LFS's are starting to make their presence known, even if it's just for training purposes! I'm looking forward to seeing which bus number is going to be used for training at QV. Hot stuff I tell ya!!!!

This is the release of NOVAs and the NEW ORION NG's being assigned. I DO NOT SPECULATE I SPEAK FACTS!!!! When Castleton gets the 30 New Flyers in Sep the remaining NG's are aslo going to the POND as of right now! We all know that the TA can and probably will change their minds. Either tomorrow or early next week 3695-3972 will be in the POND for sure. they were already prepared for transfer and are sitting in CAST yard out of service.

sorry need to take that down for a bit!!!!

This is the release of NOVAs and the NEW ORION NG's being assigned. I DO NOT SPECULATE I SPEAK FACTS!!!! When Castleton gets the 30 New Flyers in Sep the remaining NG's are aslo going to the POND as of right now! We all know that the TA can and probably will change their minds. Either tomorrow or early next week 3695-3972 will be in the POND for sure. they were already prepared for transfer and are sitting in CAST yard out of service.

busassignment.jpg

So basically Orion 07.501 Low Floor Hybrid #3965-4019 will be heading to Fresh Pond by the Fall. 55 buses to knock out the EOL buses.

So that leaves 56 buses left (#4245-4278 and #4431-4452), which I don't see Castleton getting rid of ALL the Hybrids. Maybe they'll keep a small batch.

Thanks for posting!!!

So basically Orion 07.501 Low Floor Hybrid #3965-4019 will be heading to Fresh Pond by the Fall. 55 buses to knock out the EOL buses.

So that leaves 56 buses left (#4245-4278 and #4431-4452), which I don't see Castleton getting rid of ALL the Hybrids. Maybe they'll keep a small batch.

Thanks for posting!!!

Of course...Castleton won't be losing ALL of their NGs because the number of the incoming new buses that they will get do not add up to the number of NGs they have (which is 110+ buses). They may also lose some of their Orion 5s but when that will happen has yet to be determined.

These Are the Depots that still Have Older Buses That NEED TO BE REPLACED(Besides the 3 depots getting the New Buses :

Fresh Pond ( They Are Planned to get the 30 NG's from CAS

East New York (possible for NG's from CAS, Or More OG's or More RTS)

West Farms: They have the 1996 Oroion V's and some 8900 RTS, But They will Mostlikeley Get More CNG's from CP

I think the 1996 Orion 05.501 buses are gone from West Farms. Also, their are THREE RTS buses left (#8946-8947 and #8949)

Casey Stingel: Still Have the 1996 Orion V's: Possible More NG's or More 1999 Orion V's or More OG's from another depot

I think they will get Orion 05.501 buses because if they get Hybrids' date=' then the fleet at Casey Stengel will be too young.[/b']

Of course...Castleton won't be losing ALL of their NGs because the number of the incoming new buses that they will get do not add up to the number of NGs they have (which is 110+ buses). They may also lose some of their Orion 5s but when that will happen has yet to be determined.

You're right the numbers dont add up! but we've been told that we're getting 21 Orion 5's from Yukon.Im still trying to figure out were they're getting buses.Will find out and post soon. Im guessing that Yukon getting some buses from else where. Trust me if there are any shitty buses on SI Yukon has them!!!! Ive driven them!!!

DID YOU HEAR OUT OF THE 3, I didn't Just Said Jamaica Depot, They Also have a Few Older RTS to Replace, Not that many, But I did See @ QV OG Hybirds at the Depot In December in Training, I Hate whe people bash other people over little bullshit, That's what is this fourm is for, And I know how Transit does with their buses

Ah you can relax.....it's not that serious. Anyway as for those 3 depots get OG's or more OG's we'll have to see about that!

Thanks very much for that! Looks like we also got a tip-off with the New FLyer XD40s..they're gonna be numbered in the 7000-series!!! Thanks again!

NOO! the New Flyers Are not 7000's thats the new Orion 7's the new flyers are 4810-4899

NOO! the New Flyers Are not 7000's thats the new Orion 7's the new flyers were 5000's

Really? The rest of the image you posted was cut off, and I guessed New Flyers because that was what you provided in your post.

If that's the case, what numbers within the 5000s would the New Flyer XD40s be? The 5000s series are occupied by RTS and a bunch of New Flyer D60HFs.

Really? The rest of the image you posted was cut off, and I guessed New Flyers because that was what you provided in your post.

If that's the case, what numbers within the 5000s would the New Flyer XD40s be? The 5000s series are occupied by RTS and a bunch of New Flyer D60HFs.

my original scanned file was corrupt. thats a snapshot from my phone. Tomorrow I will give ya the sequence.

You Guys are supposed to get ALL Cast NG's

Yeah I don't Live Near Fresh Pond, But That Makes Sense, But when the last bacth of buses come in for QV, I wonder if they will replace half of their OG's, I Know Queens Village They Love Their RTS, But time will only tell

All this news is getting me so excited I tell you! Seeing that the LFS's are FINALLY here is a great way to end March. Thank you cartmn1210 for giving us the scoop about these buses as they are coming in and I look forward to reading what else you've learned about these buses and where the other buses in Castleton currently will be going. :tup: :cool:

At least I got my ride on 8752 (the oldest bus at the Pond) today

You Guys are supposed to get ALL Cast NG's

*rolls eyes* oh the joy...not one but TWO batches of NGs. Still don't understand why Castelton is getting 2 batches of brand new buses when they got a batch of NGs brand new, plus another batch from Jamaica

Thanks for the info :tup:

At least I got my ride on 8752 (the oldest bus at the Pond) today

*rolls eyes* oh the joy...not one but TWO batches of NGs. Still don't understand why Castelton is getting 2 batches of brand new buses when they got a batch of NGs brand new, plus another batch from Jamaica

Thanks for the info :tup:

NOT 2 but 3 Batches. NOVAS, Orion 7's, n NEW FLYERS.

BTW I'M Rolling in 8005 today!!!!!! 301 S66 Leaving ST George Ferry @ 11:30 am 1 pm n 2:30 pm

Wow, the speculation and assumptions in this thread are getting crazy! Everything was already spelled out clearly by cartmn1210!

Castleton Depot now has the highest MDBF out of Regional Bus and it's true, the buses are very clean and well-maintained. There will be no problems when they send the Castleton NGs up north to Fresh Pond. Our problems on Staten Island is with the service, not the buses. And it doesn't matter what NGs they choose to send out of Castleton either because they're all the same! There's a few differences with the back door and lighting but that's it really. They just got delivered at different times.

And Castleton is getting all these new buses because it is now one of the MTA's test depots for those buses. Every borough has one, 126th, Gun Hill, Ulmer Park, Queens Village and Castleton.

Archived