Court Orders MTA to Award Raises

Donald

Great news. The appellate court refused to hear the MTA's protest regarding the 3% raise for 2011, so they must now award it. The MTA can no longer appeal the raises.

Court ends MTA's long battle to skirt giving employees raises

The MTA's long battle to deny its workers a modest raise finally came to an end Thursday when the state's highest court refused to hear another round of legal arguments.

More than 30,000 bus and subway workers will get a 3 % increase retroactive to Jan. 15.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/03/31/2011-03-31_court_ends_mtas_long_battle_to_skirt_giving_employees_raises.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Great news. The appellate court refused to hear the MTA's protest regarding the 3% raise for 2011, so they must now award it. The MTA can no longer appeal the raises.

Court ends MTA's long battle to skirt giving employees raises

The MTA's long battle to deny its workers a modest raise finally came to an end Thursday when the state's highest court refused to hear another round of legal arguments.

More than 30,000 bus and subway workers will get a 3 % increase retroactive to Jan. 15.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2011/03/31/2011-03-31_court_ends_mtas_long_battle_to_skirt_giving_employees_raises.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Yeah, but the MTA will just make us wait til June at the earliest, so they can gain more interest on the money. Much like they've done with all the other retroactive pay outs. And they will also lump it into our normal payroll check so it gets taxed to death. They also owe us retro on the health care contribution.

Even with the raises, Boston B/O's are still the highest paid($30.18) where they have a much lower ridership then here in NYC.

B/O's are verbally and physically attacked every day. They are expected to be police, homeland security, lost and found, maintenance, doctor and psychiatrist for the public....

Even with the raises, Boston B/O's are still the highest paid($30.18) where they have a much lower ridership then here in NYC.

B/O's are verbally and physically attacked every day. They are expected to be police, homeland security, lost and found, maintenance, doctor and psychiatrist for the public....

So what will top pay be for B/O's when the raise goes through? I thought it would be about that same dollar amount.

The article says top B/O pay will be $30. So essentially the same as Boston. Top T/O pay will be $32. And top conductor pay should be $29. Also, since the MTA's appeal failed, everyone now pays less for health insurance, which right there is the equivalent of a pay raise.

Hopefully there will be some sort of raise in the next contract with a No Layoff Clause...

The article says top B/O pay will be $30. So essentially the same as Boston. Top T/O pay will be $32. And top conductor pay should be $29. Also, since the MTA's appeal failed, everyone now pays less for health insurance, which right there is the equivalent of a pay raise.

Hopefully there will be some sort of raise in the next contract with a No Layoff Clause...

top conductor pay will be 27 not 29. 29.10 will be for flagmen and track pay.

Just curious, what can an average condcutor today at top pay expect to make with a moderate amount of overtime? $65,000? $70,000? $75,000?

(and by moderate, I mean working overtime while still having a life outside the job).

Just curious, what can an average condcutor today at top pay expect to make with a moderate amount of overtime? $65,000? $70,000? $75,000?

(and by moderate, I mean working overtime while still having a life outside the job).

LOL... ;)

I made 70k and change. While still living a normal life only working 5 days a week. I made 65k before i ever hit top pay. There is money in the conductor title, you just have to be willing to get it.

I just hope the raise and retroactive checks go into effect sooner than later. $27.54 an hour top pay for S/A sound good to me. CD what's top pay for C/R? I know it's usually floats somewhere around 20-33 cents more than S/A.

I just took out my calculator and did the math. The 2008 condcutor exam notlice lists top pay at $24.99. Factoring in the 11.5% increase, I get a top pay of $27.86. Feel free to double check my math.

I just took out my calculator and did the math. The 2008 condcutor exam notlice lists top pay at $24.99. Factoring in the 11.5% increase, I get a top pay of $27.86. Feel free to double check my math.

I bet you did $24.99 plus 11.5%. Didn't you? You need to learn basic math and reading comprehension.

I just hope the raise and retroactive checks go into effect sooner than later. $27.54 an hour top pay for S/A sound good to me. CD what's top pay for C/R? I know it's usually floats somewhere around 20-33 cents more than S/A.

with the raise it makes it to 27.99 according to the sheet the union put out. i already get 28 and change with flagging pay. so i would jump to 29.10. with night diff ill be getting a little over 30. i think conductors should get at least 30 to be somewhere in the ballpark as metro north. even if its on the lower end.

with the raise it makes it to 27.99 according to the sheet the union put out. i already get 28 and change with flagging pay. so i would jump to 29.10. with night diff ill be getting a little over 30. i think conductors should get at least 30 to be somewhere in the ballpark as metro north. even if its on the lower end.

Yeah you guys should be getting about $30 an hour. With nite diff I'll be getting just under $29 ($28.76).

Hopefully condcutors will move closer to $30 in the next contract. Despite all the rhetoric from the MTA about how they are broke, I do think there will, at a minimum, be a modest raise. If the MTA says no raise whatsoever, the TWU can go to binding arbitration and get something, even if it is small.

Hopefully condcutors will move closer to $30 in the next contract. Despite all the rhetoric from the MTA about how they are broke, I do think there will, at a minimum, be a modest raise. If the MTA says no raise whatsoever, the TWU can go to binding arbitration and get something, even if it is small.

Yeah next contract is gonna be our biggest fight ever. After the whole fiasco wit the TA for this contract which was ratified 2 years ago, it's not gonna be pretty next years. I can see some serious zeros for the 1st 2 years and like a 4% raise in the third year. So 0,0,4. What does anyone else think?.

Your guess is as good as mine. Contract negotiations are done behind closed doors so none of us would have any idea what is being considered. Hopefully there will be no expanded use of OPTO in the contract,. That would suck.

Archived