2 teens slashed, pummeled aboard bus in Tompkinsville

cartmn1210

:mad:http://www.silive.com/northshore/index.ssf/2011/03/2_teens_slashed_pummeled_aboar.html

This nonsense is happening more and more on SI Buses as of late. I had a bottle tossed at me today because my leader was early!!!!

:mad:http://www.silive.com/northshore/index.ssf/2011/03/2_teens_slashed_pummeled_aboar.html

This nonsense is happening more and more on SI Buses as of late. I had a bottle tossed at me today because my leader was early!!!!

Well aint that some shit, I was out there today! Left the area around 6:30PM

As for that story, kids are stupid these days, smh.

I saw it was the S74, when I rode on that route a few weeks ago some dude outside of the bus started punching the windows of the bus in attempt to scare people.

I grew up was born and raised on SI. I have to tell you, the Island just absolutely BLOWS! In the last year Ive been spat on trash thrown at me and today a bottle tossed at me. Nothing in my first 10yrs. Go figure

I grew up was born and raised on SI. I have to tell you, the Island just absolutely BLOWS! In the last year Ive been spat on trash thrown at me and today a bottle tossed at me. Nothing in my first 10yrs. Go figure

That's why I rarely ride the local bus on Staten Island unless I'm the mood to and only certain lines since I always going or coming from the express bus. Otherwise it's car service. Tonight since I'm leaving the office late, I will surely use car service more than likely.

This is why they need cops to patrol on the buses or at least (MTA) cops or something. Complete animals! :mad:

Of course, somebody will sue, claiming that Transit could have prevented this incident from happening by discontinuing the route!

Of course, somebody will sue, claiming that Transit could have prevented this incident from happening by discontinuing the route!

Why not? On the North Shore, the (S74) goes through some sh*tty areas anyway (projects, etc. I'm sure), so since they don't appreciate the service they have let 'em walk. Friggin' savages.

Why not? On the North Shore, the (S74) goes through some sh*tty areas anyway (projects, etc. I'm sure), so since they don't appreciate the service they have let 'em walk. Friggin' savages.

So what about the people living on the S74 route who don't beat up kids, and are just trying to get home (not to mention the fact that they got on, beat up the kids, and then got off, so they weren't even riding the bus)?

In any case, the fact that the S74 goes through Stapleton and Park Hill means that the ridership is going to be too high for it to be eliminated.

So what about the people living on the S74 route who don't beat up kids, and are just trying to get home (not to mention the fact that they got on, beat up the kids, and then got off, so they weren't even riding the bus)?

In any case, the fact that the S74 goes through Stapleton and Park Hill means that the ridership is going to be too high for it to be eliminated.

High ridership or not, those lines in particular are the worse on Staten Island. I don't believe there is anything that forces the (MTA) to keep any line, high ridership or not. If there is, then they need to acknowledge that there are problems on certain local lines throughout the city and take steps to better protect the passengers and the B/Os. This is what a lack of fare enforcement leads to and then we sit back and say, "Oh it's only a few people doing this," so it's not a big deal.

Meanwhile people are being killed over $2.25 cents. The (MTA) constantly tries to sweep the problem under the rug when it costs them millions a year because it is "cheaper" for them to allow passengers and B/Os to be assaulted and killed in some instances on their buses. I guess the message is that human lives don't matter and it's cheaper to keep pretending that some of the local buses don't have serious problems and that farebeating is the main problem, which causes problems like this.

I wonder how many of the board members or the family member of the board members of the (MTA) use the local buses? We know Lee Sander's daughter used a local line in Queens, but that's about it.

foot-in-mouth.gif

Typical thug teenagers. Hope they're caught and sent to deal with Bubba.

I'm sick of this ghetto mentality. People can't just treat each other with respect. I'm so damn sick of the Bloods, Crips, Latin Kings, and all of those losers.

They should just tear down those housing projects, and send all of them to Canarsie. That should solve Staten Island's problems.

Without them around, our crime rate would be below 10%. As it is now even with them around, we have the lowest crime rate out of the five boroughs. And usually our motto is tear them down and ship them to the South Bronx!! LOL But yeah, I guess Canarsie could work too. ;)

Canarsie already has some of the highest crime rates in the city. It's the best place to move them. Just it would add to the existing crime they already have now.

It's amazing how neighbourhoods change. Canarsie used to a nice neighbourhood some years ago and then it went downhill and fast... :eek:

It's amazing how neighbourhoods change. Canarsie used to a nice neighbourhood some years ago and then it went downhill and fast... :eek:

Ha, some neighborhoods have went the total opposite, from bad to good. Red Hook is a perfect example...it used to be deplorable to the point you couldn't walk one block without something happening to someone. Now it's been gentrified by the hipsters to some extent.

How long are "some years ago"?

Canarsie was heavily Italian, with some Jews here and there. The Italians have all but left to other parts of Southern Brooklyn (i.e. Dyker Heights, Bay Ridge, etc.), Staten Island, Queens and Long Island and the Jewish population today is almost all but dead as well there. It is mainly black now and there are some housing projects there I believe which has helped fuel the spike in crime. I do know that an express bus goes there (the BM2) so maybe a few spots are so so where the home owners are, but I wouldn't want to be over there as a home owner if I was surrounded by projects and crime. :eek: I'm sure housing values are affected by the crime there and not in a good way either.

Archived