Country Club Residents Blast Bx24 Bus

Cait Sith

These morons dont know what they want...first they wanted the Bx8 to get removed, wanted their own bus service and have it on their terms, now they want the Bx8 back? What a bunch of stupid dumbasses. If it were up to me, let those dumbasses walk to Pelham Bay Park!

Country Club residents have found bus service in their neighborhood unacceptable for months and finally had a chance to directly tell the MTA about it.

Over 100 Country Club residents convened at Providence Rest on 3304 Waterbury Avenue on Thursday, April 7 to meet with Senator Jeff Klein and three representatives of the MTA.

The purpose of the meeting, organized by Senator Klein’s office, was to give neighborhood residents a chance to explain exactly why they found local bus service to be unacceptable.

Country Club has been served by the Bx24 bus since January and although residents had several issues with the route, the main concern was that it did not provide easy access to Westchester Square, which is where many Country Club residents shop and visit doctors. Bus service in Country Club was altered drastically in June 2010, when government budget cuts forced the MTA to retract service. Prior to those cuts, Country Club was served by the Bx14 route. The Bx8 was rerouted to replace the Bx14, and residents quickly objected, which led to the birth of the Bx24 in January.

“Residents strongly objected to the new bus stops on Stadium Avenue and the more frequent headway of the Bx8,” MTA spokeswoman Deirdre Parker said in an e-mail. “Bx8 customers on Layton Avenue also complained that they could no longer access their destinations on Crosby Avenue.”

For many residents, the Bx24 did not make matters any better.

“There is not one bus going to Westchester Square,” Rose Mosher, a Country Club resident for 28 years, said at the meeting.

The Bx24 runs from Westchester Avenue and Bruckner Boulevard, alongside Pelham Bay Park, does two loops in Country Club, and returns to its origin.

Aside from connecting with other bus routes, the Bx24 does little to get people out of Country Club.

“Now it takes an hour to get to Westchester Square,” Country Club resident Jean Macek said. “It used to take 25 minutes.”

Residents also expressed concern about a lack of viable public transportation driving down property values, bus stops being grouped too close together and bus stops directly in front of their homes.

Despite Klein’s efforts in organizing the meeting, the Country Club residents’ passion in getting their points across and the MTA representatives’ patience in hearing them out, it is unlikely that anything will immediately come out the meeting.

The best-case scenario for Country Club residents, and all New Yorkers who have expressed dissatisfaction with public transportation since June 2010, is that the MTA will prioritize them when, and if, funding is restored.

“Sometimes we get very good feedback,” Buckley Yung manager of bus service planning for the MTA said. “We bring it back. It’s not our decision, it’s a higher level decision.”

“Bringing a bus to Westchester Square would cost us a significant amount of money,” MTA deputy director of government and community relations Dan Marino told the audience. “Money that we don’t have.”

“We want to be able to have the people who are here, and miss their bus service relate their experiences to the MTA,” Klein said.

Source : http://www.yournabe.com/articles/2011/04/15/bronx/bronxtimes-yn_bronx_front_page-15-bus.txt

why not just extend bx24 to westchester square these ppl are VERY STUPID THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO TRANSFER!!!!!

......Transfer to where? There's no bus at Pelham Bay Park that takes you to Westchester Square

the train!!!!

Most of the elderly can't climb up the stairs and we're talking about the Bx24 not the (6)....so NEXT!

......Transfer to where? There's no bus at Pelham Bay Park that takes you to Westchester Square

Pls ignore him. These are some ungreatful moronic jackasses I ever came across!

The bx4A should then be extended to pelham bay!!! Or extend the Bx23 select trips to westchester square to allow Bx24 ppl to get a connecting direct bus at least

Those Country Club folks aren't gonna stop until they get a one-seat ride to Westchester Square. However, they should be grateful that they have a bus in their neighborhood to begin with, as opposed to those across the LI Sound on Little Neck Parkway.

The bx4A should then be extended to pelham bay!!! Or extend the Bx23 select trips to westchester square to allow Bx24 ppl to get a connecting direct bus at least

Yeah how about NO....you got the Bx5, Bx12, Bx12 +SBS+ and Bx23 serving Pelham Bay....it makes no sense to extend the Bx4A to Pelham Bay when you got like 4-5 buses serving Pelham Bay ALREADY. The Bx23 was made to replace the QBx1...not an extention to Westchester Square.....again that makes no sense. Co-op City residents don't their bus service to Westchester Square when their sole purpose to have bus service to Pelham Bay via Co-op City. Bx4A purporse was to replace the Bx14 Parkchester service. So what you said doesn't make any sense!!!

Yeah how about NO....you got the Bx5, Bx12, Bx12 +SBS+ and Bx23 serving Pelham Bay....it makes no sense to extend the Bx4A to Pelham Bay when you got like 4-5 buses serving Pelham Bay ALREADY. The Bx23 was made to replace the QBx1...not an extention to Country Club.....again that makes no sense. Co-op City residents don't their bus service to Country Club when their sole purpose to have bus service to Pelham Bay via Co-op City. Bx4A purporse was to replace the Bx14 Parkchester service. So what you said doesn't make any sense!!!

I said extend to westchester square NOT country club!!!! I DID NOT SAY EXTEND BX23 TO COUNTRY CLUB I SAID TO WESTCHESTER SQUARE READ MY POST CAREFULLY

I said extend to westchester square NOT country club!!!! I DID NOT SAY EXTEND BX23 TO COUNTRY CLUB I SAID TO WESTCHESTER SQUARE READ MY POST CAREFULLY

1st all of I made a mistake and 2nd of all Bx23 will not GO to Westchester Square....AGAIN Bx23 is staying where its at.....Co-op City residents do not want their service going past Pelham Bay read the rest of my last post again.....so NEXTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

1st all of I made a mistake and 2nd of all Bx23 will not GO to Westchester Square....AGAIN Bx23 is staying where its at.....Co-op City residents do not want their service going past Pelham Bay read the rest of my last post again.....so NEXTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!

my comment said SELECT BX23 TRIPS

The Bx8 worked fine before the Country Club uppities decided to moan. You got to Pelham Bay Park and to Westchester Square on one ride.

Extending the Bx4/A would just create another bus line fighting for space at Pelham Bay, when you have 8 other routes stopping in a block of each other.

The Bx8 worked fine before the Country Club uppities decided to moan. You got to Pelham Bay Park and to Westchester Square on one ride.

Extending the Bx4/A would just create another bus line fighting for space at Pelham Bay, when you have 8 other routes stopping in a block of each other.

Thank You Very Much....I was making that same point but you worded it differently...idk what foolish idea he's thinking by extending the Bx4A to Pelham Bay....when there's like so many routes that go there already!

...and I'm gonna blast them.

saw this coming a mile away out of those people.... with as much bitching residents do in that community, it's the ONLY community in NYC that I feel deserves no bus service whatsoever...

I mean damn, before 6/2010, the bx14 existed & served CC - they barely took that... then the mta ousts the 14... then reroutes the 8 through there... then residents bitch about "too many buses" on their streets... the bx8 reverts to its prior routing... then out of the sky, they get a route that goes directly from their community, to the subway... Now they're bitching about service to some Westchester square, when ridership on the pre-2010 bx14 past the housing complexes in Parkchester, was anemic... where in the red depths of hell were those 100+ CC residents then ??????

I'm callin bullshit on this deep concern of service to Westchester Sq.

...and QJtransitnovice, please STFU already....

it's blatantly obvious you don't know what you are talking about.... It aint about not knowing how to transfer... it aint even about access to the (6) - They have, and always had direct service to the subway, so that aint it either... Why the hell should the 24 get extended to Westchester sq, for the purpose of transferring to the subway.... Good god....

Back to these CC characters....

If people are gonna complain, give them a f***in REASON to complain.

Revoke ALL public bus service from that goddamn community.

...and I'm gonna blast them.

saw this coming a mile away out of those people.... with as much bitching residents do in that community, it's the ONLY community in NYC that I feel deserves no bus service whatsoever...

I mean damn, before 6/2010, the bx14 existed & served CC - they barely took that... then the mta ousts the 14... then reroutes the 8 through there... then residents bitch about "too many buses" on their streets... the bx8 reverts to its prior routing... then out of the sky, they get a route that goes directly from their community, to the subway... Now they're bitching about service to some Westchester square, when ridership on the pre-2010 bx14 past the housing complexes in Parkchester, was anemic... where in the red depths of hell were those 100+ CC residents then ??????

I'm callin bullshit on this deep concern of service to Westchester Sq.

...and QJtransitnovice, please STFU already....

it's blatantly obvious you don't know what you are talking about.... It aint about not knowing how to transfer... it aint even about access to the (6) - They have, and always had direct service to the subway, so that aint it either... Why the hell should the 24 get extended to Westchester sq, for the purpose of transferring to the subway.... Good god....

Back to these CC characters....

If people are gonna complain, give them a f***in REASON to complain.

Revoke ALL public bus service from that goddamn community.

I gotta agree and I'm callin bullshit as well, I believe the main sticking point into why they wanted to exile the Bx8 in the first place was because of the CNGs and RTSs being "too loud". Now they are bitching about wanting the Bx8 service back. The only way this would satisfy them is if they moved the Bx8 back to Gun Hill, therefore running them hybrids. But at this rate, who the **** knows what the **** they want.....let access-a-ride pick up them fools LOL!

As for the bolded part, thank you very ******* much....

Not this shit again. What the hell does Country Club want? First they complain about the (Bx14), then they complain about the (Bx8), now they're bitching about the (Bx24)?! Are you f*cking kidding me?! They should be damn grateful they have bus service! Streets like Little Neck Pkwy and Cortelyou Rd doesn't have bus service. Where were CC residents last spring when they were proposing the (Bx14) to be axed? The (MTA) should say, "The hell with you. You got cars, drive your asses up to Pelham Bay!

Two possible solutions:

A) Give the Bx8 to Gun Hill for the somewhat quieter hybrids- but wait! Once those fans kick in they get loud too! And sound HORRIBLE! I don't think they'd want that!

:( Stop worrying about them and leave them in the dark. Problem solved. Let them whine and complain. They had their cake, ate it, refused it and now want it back. I think NOT!

The Bx24 runs one bus for the entire route, which is like a 30min headway looping. These People want Westchester Square access, but didnt the (MTA) listen to them before and had the Bx8 run via Country Club to Westchester Square?! Yes they did...! But then people complained about the Bx8 and then the Bx24 made wave.. Now they want Westchester Square back... Looks like these people want the Bx14 instead. Confused a$$ CClubers..

Even tho it sucks to have 1 bus running in a loop, but still, if u dont like it, take a car or move further in to the city where transportation is available..

I rode the Bx24 a few weeks back on a Weekday and hardly anyone was on the bus, it wasn't even full.. Now there was a huge demand, then maybe the (MTA) would reconsider if finance is found.

The only thing i can think of is at least combine the Bx23 and Bx24 into one, instead of dividing it, which pretty much sucks slightly. . Bx23 for example, replacing the Bx24 would add additional buses and allow connection to Bay Plaza Shopping Center and other MaBSTOA routes up in Co-Op.

Another Option is to have the Bx8 back in Country Club, while also having the Bx24, but then again idk if these people will bit9h over the amount of buses.

Other people complained about the Bx8 no longer going to Crosby and accessing Foodtown, so Country Club wasn't the only one complaining about the Bx8 routing. Now Crosby of course ends up with two buses, thanks to Country Club.

Service on the route should be cut back to 8pm 7 days a week. No way this should run later than the Bx18.

Archived