Questions about NYCT Bus/MTA Bus Training

RTS4Life

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Husband went down for medical today...was put on hold due to diabetes and wanting a copy of stress test.  He got the papers filed out by the doctors and copies of tests requested within the correct dates (labs no more than 6 months).

What is the process for going back with info? Do you start from the beginning (eye, ear test, etc.) or go right to medical for the mta docs to review test results and then go forward from there.

Husband went down for medical today...was put on hold due to diabetes and wanting a copy of stress test.  He got the papers filed out by the doctors and copies of tests requested within the correct dates (labs no more than 6 months).

What is the process for going back with info? Do you start from the beginning (eye, ear test, etc.) or go right to medical for the mta docs to review test results and then go forward from there.

he would go right to medical and hand over docs and when cleared continue from there. Does he know when the next class date is?

he would go right to medical and hand over docs and when cleared continue from there. Does he know when the next class date is?

just found out the last class they will have for bus operator 8094 is Novemeber 4th. Anyone on the list for 8094 bus operator will only be called for conductor if they are not in the class for Novemeber 4th

Flowerpower Congrats to your husband on getting the ball rolling on that situation. What did it take was it just a letter from his primary Doc showimg medication and treatment. I ask this because I am also a diabetic.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Today I killed my e-pillars, reverse parking etc.... 4 days without bad marksSent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
So true.... It flying fast

Today I killed my e-pillars, reverse parking etc.... 4 days without bad marks Keep up the gd work and you'll do just fine. I can't believe it's been 4 days already. It's like they say "time flies by when ur having fun". LOL!!!
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Flowerpower Congrats to your husband on getting the ball rolling on that situation. What did it take was it just a letter from his primary Doc showimg medication and treatment. I ask this because I am also a diabetic. Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Blood work less than 6 months old and a letter from your doctor that you are fit to be a bus driver

Congrats to ur husband. Have u made ur mind up about the other offer MTA made u yet? When they send for me I'm gonna straight up say "NO". Lol

Thanks and i said no...

Edited by Flowerpower

Well today I qualified on day 7!!! Thank God! I'm excited.... Now I wonder what's next... My instructor said I report to zerega for RTS training for maybe two daysSent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Congratulations. Was training hard?

Well today I qualified on day 7!!! Thank God! I'm excited.... Now I wonder what's next... My instructor said I report to zerega for RTS training for maybe two daysSent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Congratulations. Was training hard?

I'm not going to say its easy... But do able.... You got to watch out for pedestrians cars etc while safely moving the bus around crazy turns etc etc..... Just make sure you show your trainer that you could control the bus. Listen to what ever they say. They training you to become a defensive driver.... You could be a good driver, but they want a defensive driver

Hey congrats gotti109. I told u bro that u could do it. RTS training is when they take all of the people that made it on day 7 and everyone test drives the RTS for like 15to20 minutes. Then u wait for the ones that make it on day 10 to hop on the RTS and take there turns driving it. So by next week you'll be going back to zerega for GI (General Information) day and that's where the union comes and talks to the class and some health insurance people as well. The end of that day you get to pick your depots for your line training. Congrats once again bud!

Hey congrats gotti109. I told u bro that u could do it. RTS training is when they take all of the people that made it on day 7 and everyone test drives the RTS for like 15to20 minutes. Then u wait for the ones that make it on day 10 to hop on the RTS and take there turns driving it. So by next week you'll be going back to zerega for GI (General Information) day and that's where the union comes and talks to the class and some health insurance people as well. The end of that day you get to pick your depots for your line training. Congrats once again bud!

That's exactly what happened today... I drove the RTS for like 30 minutes and just sat in the bus for the rest of the day while the others drove

Lol. I'm a lil upset right now with all these MTA groupies on this forum. I only thought this forum was for MTA employees but I was wrong. They were coming hard at me on another thread so I'm staying away from sensitive threads like that and maybe this whole forum all together. Lol

• 2 months later...

If you are really looking for work, I recommend going to an online employment agency or looking for other jobs in New York via the classifieds section. I really do sympathize with anyone in a difficult situation right now looking for work. People may say their aren't many options out there for work but I beg to differ. When I was looking for work the best place I stumbled upon was granted dot com and they had tons of transportation jobs out there in my area. 

Good luck to anyone looking for work!  :D