As of Sunday December 25, 2011

Latest Available Information from DCAS.

212-669-1357

851 Eligibles [Passed]

608 Last Eligibles Certified [Passed & Qualified]

474 Last Eligibles Appointed [Hired]

6/23/2010 List Established

6/23/2014 List Expires

I also heard a message stating that I was not on an outstanding certification and that my name was removed from the list.

I am in School Car now. So what I see is that the DCAS telephone number is pretty accurate and anyone waiting to be called should follow it as closely as you can to ensure that your name / List Number is not being skipped over for one reason or another and if it is you can find out very quickly to resolve the situation.

The highest list range of numbers that I've seen in my class was 400-500 in that range. This is approximate it may be even higher because most people are private about their list number because of seniority and other reasons.

Keep the Faith

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does this mean that they have 134 promos left to go until the list is exhausted? Thanks.

That DCAS hotline is not updated as often as you would think when it comes to the number range of last hired. Those numbers are off.

And I have a feeling the first set of people on the Open Competitive list will get letters sometime February , Early March.

According to Civil Service Law the Promotional List has to be completely exhausted in order to start the hiring off of the Open Competitive List. This also includes those that asked to be relisted and those who asked to be placed in a later promotional class.

Time will tell, it always does

Well they still gotta have that last class of promos first, right?

lol that was a baaaad way to ask my question. of course i know the promos have to go first. what i meant to ask was, doesn't feb/march sound a little TOO optimistic for the first O/Cs to start getting letters? unless you think that the final promotional class will also be mixed with the first O/Cs :cool:

lol that was a baaaad way to ask my question. of course i know the promos have to go first. what i meant to ask was, doesn't feb/march sound a little TOO optimistic for the first O/Cs to start getting letters? unless you think that the final promotional class will also be mixed with the first O/Cs :cool:

Promotionals can be mixed with OC students in schoolcar at the point where the Promotional list is exhausted and the first OC's are getting hired.

It doesn't sound too optimistic to me. When you get a letter doesn't mean you will be in the next class. It still takes time take the medical and go through the other procedures before you are even scheduled to a class. Most people are not even scheduled to a class when they get the letter as you can see by people taking a medical and drug test and it expiring 30+ days later and having to re-take it.

When i got the Letter back in 2001 it took about a Week or two of the stuff (paper work and drug testing) then Poof Im in Schoolcar with 60 other people..

The Need for T/O's was GREAT then but Boy did we Put some Work in when we came out...

Seems like Yesterday i was raising my hand and being sworn in...

When i got the Letter back in 2001 it took about a Week or two of the stuff (paper work and drug testing) then Poof Im in Schoolcar with 60 other people..

The Need for T/O's was GREAT then but Boy did we Put some Work in when we came out...

Seems like Yesterday i was raising my hand and being sworn in...

Unfortunately times are not the same as 2001, there was no promo exam then. Most city agencies waiting times were a year at most, unlike these days that are a 2+ years wait for most open competitive civil service positions.

i know you guys have answered a lot of questions regarding the medical but i cant find the answer to this one: is it true that you have to sign over the right to allow the (MTA) to see your medical records in order to be employed?

I dont remember doing that....

i know you guys have answered a lot of questions regarding the medical but i cant find the answer to this one: is it true that you have to sign over the right to allow the (MTA) to see your medical records in order to be employed?

No you do not. Its entirely up to you what you choose to disclose.

Anyone know of any current and future TO school car classes planned and the number of students in them? Ive been seeing dates and numbers for the conductor classes and was wondering about TO classes.

the promo list is coming to a close!!! i just looked at my online subscription of The Chief, and for the issue coming out later this morning, here is what i saw:

TRAIN OPERATOR—381 eligibles between

Nos. 154 and 833 on List 8562 for

100 jobs at New York City Transit.

:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::tup::P:cool::P

the promo list is coming to a close!!! i just looked at my online subscription of The Chief, and for the issue coming out later this morning, here is what i saw:

I believe this has been like this for awhile or maybe when I saw this listed last it was eligibles up too 600 sumthn. I believe the 833 is number of ppl on the Promo List. Thanks for the info Lex :(

Just in time for the New Contract interesting Timing....

Sneaky TA...

I believe this has been like this for awhile or maybe when I saw this listed last it was eligibles up too 600 sumthn. I believe the 833 is number of ppl on the Promo List. Thanks for the info Lex :P

this is the first time they mentioned the big 833 number in the chief, so it's progress!

Wow. I think this means that all 833 on that list have been sent letters. So right now theirs only 381 eligible for the position. If they are not able to fill the 100 train operator positions from the 381 does this mean they will now move on to the open competitive by maybe around March??? Right now what I'm thinking is by the end of February the promotional list will be officially exhausted.

1 They send you a letter (make sure you have your current address up to date) (You have only a few days to call back)

2 You call the number on the notice

3 They call you back (keep your voice-mail greeting short)

4 You go to 180 Livingstone for medical & background check forms (day-long process)

5 You go back for interview (few hours)

6 Report to PS 248

It's only a matter of 2-3 weeks between steps 1 through 6... (if your medical & background checks are clean)

T/O for 4+ years now from O/C list

What is the interview process like? One on one? Or are you in front of a table of people? Should you wear a suit and tie? What type of questions do they ask? Considering that no one is really qualified for the job until they finish school car, it must not be much about selling yourself experience wise in the interview. What about for the background check and stuff, are street clothes ok?

Archived