Train Operator promo exam 8562

Den

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The only ones that can take the Promotional Train Operator Exam are Conductors, Tower Operators and Bus Operators.

And S/A's, C/A's,TPPA ,CTA's and any other employee that has taken the NYCT Transit Certificate Program for Train Operator class that the union offers. Don't forget about that as well. Here's the eligibility requirements.

ELIGIBILITY TO TAKE EXAMINATION: This examination is open to each employee of the New York

City Transit Authority who on the date of the multiple-choice test:

1. is permanently (not provisionally) employed in, or appears on a Preferred List (see Note,

below) for the title of Conductor, Tower Operator, or Bus Operator; or

2. is permanently (not provisionally) employed in, or appears on a Preferred List (see Note,

below) for, a competitive class title in the NYC Transit Authority and who has

satisfactorily completed the NYCT Transit Certificate Program for Train Operator, and

must have three years of satisfactory full-time work experience including at least one year

of work with the NYC Transit Authority; or

3. is employed in a labor class or non-competitive class title in the NYC Transit Authority,

and who has satisfactorily completed the NYCT Transit Certificate Program for Train

Operator, and must have three years of satisfactory full-time work experience including

at least one year of work with the NYC Transit Authority; and

4. is not otherwise ineligible.

Only NYCTA bus operators can take the T/O promotion. MABSTOA and MTA Bus Co. operatrors can't.

Who said anything about MaBSTOA or MTA Bus Company B/O's?. Of course they can't take a promo cause they work for a different division of the MTA. Only NYCTA titles mentioned or NYCTA employees who have successfully completed the certificate course can take the promotional exam.

i hate to be the one who asks...(ok, no i dont), but any word on any FALL classes from exam 8562?

Are you talking Open Competitive T/O? I dont think they are halfway through the promos yet and they are Taking those T/O Jobs...

Alex L would be the one who knows how many for sure for the Promos.

• 4 weeks later...

I know I've asked this before, but since the needs of the service are always changing it can't hurt to ask again. Is there a greater need for train operators in the A division or B division? It would totally blow if I got stuck in the B division, living in the Bronx. Also, are they letting the employee pick which division they want?

Archived