BREAKING NEWS: 12-9 on the 6, Woman Killed

That's because people keep bringing up the topic of 12-9's on the Lexington Avenue Line. That's why I have to repeat myself.

Crowded stations or not, no one should end up on the tracks. If you end up on the tracks, you're either trying to kill yourself or you're too damn close to the platform edge. In this young woman's case, she had some sort of medical condition. I haven't ridden on the Lex in a long time; are those Manhattan stations well ventilated? It could've been heat exhaustion because of the heat wave we've had the last few days.

Suprsingly, one of the people that my mom rides the bus with is that woman's cousin (The woman is the one who got killed).

Whats really sad is that the news channels keep bothering her and want all the info from her.

The woman who was killed was 18 years old, NOT 17. For some reason News channel & newspaper reporters screw up details like that. What is really sad is that about half of that family was either killed or died upon old age.

The woman's sister (or daughter, one of the family members, I forgot which one) is graduating from High School. It must be really sad to graduate without your most loved one. Also, some other family members, such as one of the brothers was shot & killed. Both of their grandparents died when they were young.

It must be so sad to lose another family member. I just hope the news channels & reporters quit bugging her cousin.

Crowded stations or not, no one should end up on the tracks. If you end up on the tracks, you're either trying to kill yourself or you're too damn close to the platform edge. In this young woman's case, she had some sort of medical condition. I haven't ridden on the Lex in a long time; are those Manhattan stations well ventilated? It could've been heat exhaustion because of the heat wave we've had the last few days.

It gets REALLY hot below ground in the subways, it definitely could have been heat exhaustion

Guest lance25
I fear all this will make the idiotic platform doors more of a 'solution' to the politicos in albany and such....

Unless they actually pay for something, it'll be nothing but talk (as usual).

• 1 month later...

It was an E...interestingly enough the F was affected more in disruptions in service...go figure, thank God is was a weekend.

So four 12-9's this week

1. S/B train at Union Turnpike unknown if it was a(E)(F)

2. 77 Street on the(6)

3. 14 Street (2) Thursday

4. Today at 34 St / 8 Ave (C)

I'm really frustrated by the article's comments with people blaming the MTA for this. How exactly is it a transit agency's fault that they can't retrofit century-old stations with air conditioning to prevent someone from fainting and probably wouldn't have fallen off the platform had she not been close to the edge? The MTA may screw up a lot, but it gets way too much crap from people unfairly.

I'm really frustrated by the article's comments with people blaming the MTA for this. How exactly is it a transit agency's fault that they can't retrofit century-old stations with air conditioning to prevent someone from fainting and probably wouldn't have fallen off the platform had she not been close to the edge? The MTA may screw up a lot, but it gets way too much crap from people unfairly.

People always want to put blame on someone or groups of people,in this case

people want to put blame on the (MTA) instead of the person.the one question people don't ask is why was she at the edge of the platform?it's more about feeling sorry for the victim and her family.the death could have

been avioded.

Archived