NG Q1, Q2, Q3...Depots Loaning QV Buses

R44 CNG

Hybrid Orion VII #6592 from East New York was on the Q88 last Saturday!

AAA-0338.jpg

I also spotted 5168 from Jamaica on there as well.

From what I heard and saw, the following depots are lending their buses to QV:

-Casey Stengel

-Flatbush

-Jamaica

-Manhattanville

-East New York

From what I heard and saw, the following depots are lending their buses to QV:

-Casey Stengel

-Flatbush

-Jamaica

-Manhattanville

-East New York

Also you may want to add Fresh Pond to that list because I saw & rode (possibly) their #9566 along with another bus which picture might have been posted here too.

First of all, I follow the subways more than the buses, so what does RTS stand for? (Again, I'm into the subways more and not the buses).

Second, I was riding the Q30 on 6/11, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I saw a few Queens Village Buses on that route. Based on what I read in this thread, does that mean that some of the QV buses are going to other depots as well (eg Jamaica)?

Third, are bus drivers allowed to wear doo-rags? My bus driver on the Q30 was wearing one under his blue hat. I apologize that this question does not fit this thread, in my opinion, it just didn't make sense to start a new thread for this one question.

First of all, I follow the subways more than the buses, so what does RTS stand for? (Again, I'm into the subways more and not the buses).

Second, I was riding the Q30 on 6/11, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I saw a few Queens Village Buses on that route. Based on what I read in this thread, does that mean that some of the QV buses are going to other depots as well (eg Jamaica)?

Third, are bus drivers allowed to wear doo-rags? My bus driver on the Q30 was wearing one under his blue hat. I apologize that this question does not fit this thread, in my opinion, it just didn't make sense to start a new thread for this one question.

1. Rapid Transit Series bus, (the rounded edges kind of models)

CSC_0176.jpg

2. Yes I saw 9010 on the Q30 the other day and have heard things...it seems they're being loaned all over as 9355 or something and another bus were loaned to a depot in Brooklyn.

Anybody remember a bunch of years back, probably almost 10 years ago, another really hot summer where QV got a bunch of diesel Orion 5's? I remember riding them on the Q46 for a few weeks one summer when I was pretty young, and thought it was so cool, but then they all disappeared.

I assume a similar switch/loan happened back then to, but I was way too young to have known why it was happening.

Anybody remember a bunch of years back, probably almost 10 years ago, another really hot summer where QV got a bunch of diesel Orion 5's? I remember riding them on the Q46 for a few weeks one summer when I was pretty young, and thought it was so cool, but then they all disappeared.

I assume a similar switch/loan happened back then to, but I was way too young to have known why it was happening.

Damn was it 10 years ago? I remember when I lived in Hollis around 2003 they still and V's. Around 2004-05 they moved to CS (I think)!

Damn was it 10 years ago? I remember when I lived in Hollis around 2003 they still and V's. Around 2004-05 they moved to CS (I think)!

I remember them too. Such great rides besides the RTS's and gave me a new denfition of sound. I hated to see them go in late '05-early '06. I believe they were: 505-534 (shortened down to #524 a while after) to & 612-624. The last one I saw was a 51X series on the (Q2).

I remember them too. Such great rides besides the RTS's and gave me a new denfition of sound. I hated to see them go in late '05-early '06. I believe they were: 505-534 (shortened down to #524 a while after) to & 612-624. The last one I saw was a 51X series on the (Q2).

Ok I figured it wasn't a decade ago....I loved riding the V's until get got kicked out of QV!

It was just an estimate- I feel like an old man, since I can't remember the exact dates, lol. I just remember being fairly young.

Archived