15 year old gunned down in front of Harlem community garden

MHV9218

It's easy. Just move all the projects, and the homeless people to New Jersey, and our problems would be solved.

So what you think NYC is suppose to be immune from crime? Welcome to Earth. You can get shot anywhere, so cut the crap.

Arrested for robbery at 15; maybe the kid got involved with something with the person who shot him. This is what happens when you involve yourself with the wrong crowd. The mother can cry and moan all she wants and blab out how he was such a good kid.

Projects are everywhere, dont like it? Too bad because projects are everywhere. Not everyone has the means too live in a $25,000/month penthouse. Some of us were lucky enough to be born in good situations and raised well. Not everyone is that lucky.

So to say "ship all the projects to NJ" is just ignorant. You think its so easy huh? NYC maybe one of the greatest cities but crime will be everywhere.

It's easy. Just move all the projects, and the homeless people to New Jersey, and our problems would be solved.
Easier said than done..

The mother can cry and moan all she wants and blab out how he was such a good kid.
"He was such a good kid because he always did so well in school, always stayed out of trouble, had good friends, etc etc etc..."

Hell I have friends that live in the projects, that doesn't mean they're ALL horrible people, some people are REALLY quick to judge others it seems

Exactly......I lived with a friend of mines who happened to live in the Boulevard Houses in East New York and the ppl were pretty cool....some of them have their ways but other than that they weren't bad ppl @ all!

Ironically, it's called Peaceful Village. This is sick. New York is starting to become Detroit.

Nowhere near it!!

Detroit is #3 on the list, NYC is 8 times larger and only made #269!

Detroit is likely #1 because hundreds of crimes go unreported in that city every day of the week!

NYC ain't got shit on Detroit!

Nowhere near it!!

Detroit is #3 on the list, NYC is 8 times larger and only made #269!

Detroit is likely #1 because hundreds of crimes go unreported in that city every day of the week!

NYC ain't got shit on Detroit!

Wait, if as you say, hundreds of crimes go unreported in Detroit, how can they be higher on a list? Information on that list comes from reported crimes.

Hell I have friends that live in the projects, that doesn't mean they're ALL horrible people, some people are REALLY quick to judge others it seems

Hell, I used to live in the Ft. Greene Projects on Myrtle.

People need to start looking in the mirror before they speak!

Alright I have seen the mistakes of my last post, and I sincerely apologize to all the feelings that I have had just hurt on these forums.

Oh just stop backtracking already. Hell, I happen to agree w/you about the whole projects thing particularly about the high crime associated with them and no I'm not apologizing either. I personally would be interested in seeing the crime stats for housing projects here in NYC.

If you're going to make a statement, be man enough to stand behind it. You've made similar comments before and then you backtrack.

Via, it doesn't take much to figure out that lower income folks are more desperate do to the circumstance that the rich man has bestowed upon them. You try living off minimum wage, and it won't be easy. The projects are full of Americans, people who work hard and need a solid place to live while they're trying to earn more. A large portion of the people in projects are gone by the time they're older. My family for generations took the option of never spending an extra penny (never ate food out once over 15 years) and working long, long days as opposed to living in projects. Projects only mean public housing. They've become synonymous with crime due the desperation of some of the folks inside. So no, projects are not bad: they're the only reason NYC hasn't been gentrified to death. If you ask me, that's a good thing.

The matter at hand in this thread is essentially gang violence killing a young kid. It's not poor people. It's not black people. It's not people living in projects. It's about the scum of the earth, gang members.

You say that as if the projects have absolutely no impact on the violence and the gangs. Let's stop BS-ing each other and trying to skate around the issue. For those who are hard working and live there, they are subject to the BS that surrounds them.

Violence fosters violence and these kids see nothing but drug dealers, driving around in their fancy Mercedes Benz and BMWs and such that they've either stolen or bought with drug money and they want a piece of the action. This is why it's an ongoing cycle. Quite frankly most of society (the middle class, upper middle class and the affluent folks) could care less because the way they see it is one less person that their hard earned tax dollars has to be wasted on.

You say that as if the projects have absolutely no impact on the violence and the gangs. Let's stop BS-ing each other and trying to skate around the issue. For those who are hard working and live there, they are subject to the BS that surrounds them.

Violence fosters violence and these kids see nothing but drug dealers, driving around in their fancy Mercedes Benz and BMWs and such that they've either stolen or bought with drug money and they want a piece of the action. This is why it's an ongoing cycle. Quite frankly most of society (the middle class, upper middle class and the affluent folks) could care less because the way they see it is one less person that their hard earned tax dollars has to be wasted on.

Very well said!

I don't disagree with you here. What I do disagree with is Roadcruiser's ludicrous early post, and the idea that it's only the projects at fault here.

Well yeah, I mean the whole NJ was rather odd... lol However, I honestly do think that projects should be torn down and re-constructed into smaller buildings. Assign patrols specifically for those complexes and have a 0 tolerance attitude. Those who don't follow the rules are kicked out.

Archived