Some eastchester depot pics from today

trainfan22

Do you know if any of those buses will return to service.

Some did , 12 1993-1994 TMC RTS 06's went to Basiley Pk Depot: 1172-1173,1178-1180,1183,1192,1196,5929,5998,9712 and 9776 with one ex queens surface bus.

Most are coming Back to MTA Bus.

Excellent shots! I need to get up there to get a list of whats scrap, and whats on hold. I wish they would at least put one RTS CNG back in service, and a few Classics.

Thanks!! It seem like the RTS CNGs were cannobalized for parts. But the MCI classics were in good shape though.

The MCI Classics are in there on reserve. Nobody touches them except if they need to be put into service temporarily when necessary. Other than that they're left alone, no driving, no cannibalizing, and most importantly no scrapping. For a while.

Trainfan, did you go all the way to the end of Tillotson Avenue? Last time I was at Eastchester I went back there and found that 1159 (Ex-Jamaica 576 and exx-Command 400) is actually the only ex-private GMC RTS still in there, aside from 1849 (ex-Triboro, exx-NYCT 4115). Unfortunately both are in the graveyard lot, so I don't think much will be made of them.

The MCI Classics are in there on reserve. Nobody touches them except if they need to be put into service temporarily when necessary. Other than that they're left alone, no driving, no cannibalizing, and most importantly no scrapping. For a while.

Trainfan, did you go all the way to the end of Tillotson Avenue? Last time I was at Eastchester I went back there and found that 1159 (Ex-Jamaica 576 and exx-Command 400) is actually the only ex-private GMC RTS still in there, aside from 1849 (ex-Triboro, exx-NYCT 4115). Unfortunately both are in the graveyard lot, so I don't think much will be made of them.

Nope i was going to go down all the way. But then i saw the MTA police and didnt feel like being harssed by them. It seems like all of the GMC RTSs are gone from what i saw. But then again it didnt walk all the way down. But a lot of buses that were there are now gone like the buses in this video...

In that video you can a lot of TMC RTSs from the PBL era. Which are now gone sadly.

theres something wrong with this pic

there much better B)

dsc00265vx3.jpg

They will be missed :P

LMAO at that pic!! but sad at the same time though.

Omg those poor TMC - RTS CNGs !! ;);) B)

I would LOVE to see those in service again, since I have never rode one before. They would look sweet in MTA colors B) !

Awesome shots there sir !

Thanks!! I think the MTA saved some of those buses for the museum.

Omg those poor TMC - RTS CNGs !! B) B) B)

I would LOVE to see those in service again, since I have never rode one before. They would look sweet in MTA colors :( !

Awesome shots there sir !

You have to come to Queens to ride the 1993-1994 TMC RTS 06 buses.

Take The Q6,7,8,9,10,11,21,22,37,40,41,60 and 89 (JFK and Far Rockaway depots have plenty of them left) I would use these routes if I were you.

also Q110,111,112,and Q113 (basiley Park Depot) This depot has 15 of these buses just coming from the eastchester yard to be repaited and returning to service in that depot and more at JFK are coming also.

S5030832.jpg[/img]

S5030759.jpg[/img]

S5030830.jpg[/img]

• 3 weeks later...

Archived