[#5025- Bus Operator] Just got the letter!

Acela Express

Thanks, bro.

The idea is consistency, basically.

Perhaps I can get that done, then hopefully a run to medical thereafter, same day.

The medical: what exactly does it consist of? From what I've read and heard - they test your hearing, vision, blood pressure and EKG.

Is there anything else I'm missing?

Nope...that is all they check really......The vision test is out of control though!!! You should do fine. Just relax, and when they call you for the medical, bring food with you, because you WILL be there ALL DAY!!!!!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope...that is all they check really......The vision test is out of control though!!! You should do fine. Just relax, and when they call you for the medical, bring food with you, because you WILL be there ALL DAY!!!!!

Yep he is right, when i went in for my medical i got their at 730 and did not leave till like 3. So make sure you bring something to eat,and if you have HBP make sure you bring cold water with you to try and keep it at a decent level.

Went down for the BOSS at 9:30am at 180 this morning.

I noticed they grouped us by exam number. My room had about 50-60 seats with only about 5 of them filled. And was the youngest of the five, by like 10-15 years give or take.

The BOSS was exceptionally easy. It was basically a similar (or same) survey given by other jobs during the time of application submission. Quite easy.

The survey consisted of two parts - part 1 with 26 questions; part 2 with 49 questions, for a total of 75 questions (not 200 as the FAQ sticky states).

First part (1-26) basically are statements, and you have to fill in whether you: strongly disagree; disagree; neutral; agree; strongly agree. I stood consistent with the either "strongly disagree" or "strong agree", nothing else. Simple personality statements, basically.

Second part (27-75) are questions and then multiple choice answers, which could vary between 4 or 5 different answers, depending on the question. An example question would be, "what would you consider late?" - A. 1-2 mins; B. 3-5 mins; C. 10 mins and over; D. I make up my own hours. Only a stupid dummy could answer this question wrong. Correct answer would, of course, be "A. 1-2 mins".

A gentleman who works there (but was not the 'proctor') explained once you've passed the survey, the woman who called to schedule the BOSS will also call again to assign your medical date. Notification should be within a few days, most likely before the week's out; if not, early next week, definitely.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're called tomorrow, or Thursday to go down on Friday afternoon for medical, since there's a class on July 18th at Zerega.

As usual -- I will keep the thread updated on progress.

when we completed line training at fresh pond 3 yrs ago there were 3 slots open for gleason 2 for ulmer park,and the others left were for east ny,and flatbush and maspeth and fresh pond peple get fired or quit or retire nobody can tell you you have no shot at the depot you want just dont go to queens depots your stuck there for life if you dont like it like i did you screwed wait and see what is open could get in
i forgot the day we picked the depots avaible the ones with the lowest list #s got to pick first shot the rest is self explanatary highest get whats left

I have a slight question with the CDP-B forms, specifically the Licenses section. It asks for my Driver's License ID, which my CDL Class B Permit and regular Driver's License is linked by the ID number. However, which one am I to list? I have the permit written in, with the date issue - back in April 2011; and the expiration date - April 2012. Is this what's needed? I think I have it correct, but need to be sure to avoid delay in processing.

Yes there are classes still going on. seen a 2 new guys yesterday and today training out of fresh pond.

I based my date of an July 18th and August 1st classes from another poster who went into the training program on May 9th, and calculated from there. However, I'm curious if the students you spotted were from July 5th classes, maybe; or were my dates off?

hi i took 2 drugs test for mta last one was on june 10 but no calls after that now i dont know what going on cant get anyone to tell was to be in july class or aug class but now i dont know
i been hearing that 5025 is having classes and 8006 is having a lot of classes im confused how can they both have classes at zerega all i been hearing that 8006 is in full swing with hiring and training but i did not hear about nothing going on for 5025 please correct me if im wrong but i been in touch with people 8006 is priority as of now

Um, sealteam1962, have you not been reading through my progress? #5025 is still being hired, and as a matter of fact, we're running ahead of #8006 due to list seniority. However there's very few of us left from 5025; so it explains why you've been hearing so much about 8006 instead.

From what it seems, I'm the only one from 5025 - on the forums - still in processing.

Things are moving.

ok i am on exam 2901 list in the 400s did 2 drug test last one on 6/10 now no calls at all say iwas to be in class in july or aug but now i need to take drug test #3 if i am call lol

This is the 5025 thread. As Acela stated in the above posting, the link for the 2901 thread is there, that's where your answers are more likely to be.

Thanks

i been hearing that 5025 is having classes and 8006 is having a lot of classes im confused how can they both have classes at zerega all i been hearing that 8006 is in full swing with hiring and training but i did not hear about nothing going on for 5025 please correct me if im wrong but i been in touch with people 8006 is priority as of now

ZEREGA can have classes with two diffrent exams and ect. about a few weeks aga they had a class of MTA BUS and MABSTOA. All you doing is training, when its time to pick depots thats when they seperate the two vise versa for exam and TA OA MTA BUS. :tup:

Update:

180 Livingston just called about 15 minutes ago - I picked up with the expectation of a medical appointment, but the lady explained that they need me to come down for a 2nd drug test either tomorrow or Wednesday at 7:30am. They're setting me up for the August 15th classes and need a 2nd drug test done to make sure it stays valid within the 30-days (the first one - done on July 5th - would expire before I finish processing).

The August 1st classes are full at the moment, and that was the original plan for me.

And, of course, I passed the BOSS she said. :-)

How many in a class? 50? Boxeraf and NYWBRR from the 8006 list are both taking their meds this week and they are in the #300-#400 list number range.

You would think that you being from the 5025 would be taking the med before them.

Which leads me to believe that you aren't the only holdover from the 5025.

Just on this forum, me thinks that the August 1st class is mainly from 5025.

Did she tell you if there will be more classes after the August 15th one?

I'm not sure how many applicants are from #5025, but during my BOSS session, there were 5 of us, all from #5025.

I'm not sure whatever the case is, but your theory sounds right.

However, there could be restored names from MaBSTOA and MTA Bus, perhaps.

Either way, I'm satisfied with a date finally for classes.

And no - she didn't tell me if there were classes afterwards. I didn't ask either since already gave me a date, lol. But it seems they've been consecutive with classes every two weeks from the May 9th class that was reported here weeks ago. My guess is August 29th would be the next class.

They're on the move with hiring which is a plus for everyone.

BTW, I'm scheduling an appointment with at the HIP center for a quick check-up, just to be on the safe side for medical appointment. Don't want any surprises.

Yeah, I remember you mentioning that about 5 others taking the BOSS

with you a few weeks ago. But others took it already but passed up the

next step of the process or were put on medical hold.

I had thought that the May 9th class was the last from the 8006 list

because after that everything slowed down, people taking their 2nd

drug tests, etc. I think they had 3 classes from the 8006 list

so far(#461). April 11th was the 1st one.

That is a very good idea about having a check up done beforehand.

Life is sure full of surprises.

It's better to over prepare and then go with the flow.

Yeah, I remember you mentioning that about 5 others taking the BOSS

with you a few weeks ago.

It was last week Tuesday. :cool:

I'm also curious if they're grouping us by exam number, maybe.

Not sure if I'll get answers, but I'll keep an ear out for information.

Second drug test complete. The individuals (two of them) in the BOSS session with me were also there for drug testing too. The lady confirmed we were supposed to be in for August 1st, but the class is currently filled (as said prior), somehow. There was a rather long line for medical, but for different positions. (Cleaner position was also called.)

We should be notified by the end of this week for medical appointment.

Good afternoon folks,

180 Livingston just called 5 minutes ago. I have a medical appointment on Monday, July 25th at 7:30am; and must bring food as I'll be down there all day.

Things are on the move, guys. :-)

Your in bro good luck with the finals lol.

Your in bro good luck with the finals lol.

Thanks, bro.

I just had a random thought, but I'm thinking perhaps they rearranged the August 1st class to accommodate some of the 5025 people (thus bumping some of those 8006 to the next class), because a medical appointment almost 2 and 1/2 weeks before the actual class seems pretty odd. From what I've read here, and rookies I've spoken to - their gap wasn't so big between medical and 1st day at Zerega.

Like I said, just a thought.

Archived