Fresh Off the Press! It's 5098 Better Than Ever!!!!

NovaBUSRTS9145

That's a strange noise, hard to believe that the MTA only fixed the electricals and it ended up sounding so different. Coulda been some sort of muffler repair / overhaul maybe, that's a funny sound.

Great shots though, 5098 looks great.

This bus ran like this BEFORE the Overhaul....Nothing was done to the engine, only undercarriage, electrical, and body work was done, maybe even a engine clean, thats about it

Wow... sounds different from an RTS.

IMO, it sounds unbelievably awesome but horrible at the same time B).

9967 still beats this

Ummm......okay. This RTS has a ZF Transmission, so this is normal for them to sound like that. This one is just REALLY loud compared to the other ZFs that I have driven

it doesn't sound like a detroit diesel 50 series at all

That's what I said too! If you listen really close you can hear it though. Check out the videos in ciboii22's post here.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30545

That's a strange noise, hard to believe that the MTA only fixed the electricals and it ended up sounding so different. Coulda been some sort of muffler repair / overhaul maybe, that's a funny sound.

Great shots though, 5098 looks great.

The engine was probably flushed. MTA has a contract in place with Detroit Diesel to overhaul/maintain some DDs50's and 60's

That's what I said too! If you listen really close you can hear it though. Check out the videos in ciboii22's post here.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30545

The engine was probably flushed. MTA has a contract in place with Detroit Diesel to overhaul/maintain some DDs50's and 60's

Ummm, not for nothing, but he got the vids and pics the day I had the bus!!! It sounds the same as in my recording.

Archived