Apple signs deal with the MTA to open World's Largest Store in Grand Central

CTK246

Tech giant Apple has inked a 10-year deal with the*MTA*to open its largest store in the world in Grand Central Terminal. The 23,000-square-foot store will take up Grand Central’s north and northeast balconies, displacing Charlie Palmer’s Metrazur restaurant, according to MTA documents. Apple will initially pay rent of $800,000 a year, nearly half a million more than Metrazur paid.

Source: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/apple_grand_opening_qN2eAxoUYKl8NoCHhXNxdP#ixzz1SwktH5Li

What's your opinion on this?

Oh dear. I'm happy for the $$$ coming into the (MTA), but I'd rather have my GCT not infested with Apple Fanboys like its a mall or sumpthin...

You bring up a good point about crowds potentially disrupting service on days Apple releases new products.

Oh dear. I'm happy for the $$$ coming into the (MTA), but I'd rather have my GCT not infested with Apple Fanboys like its a mall or sumpthin...

I agree... Not sure if I'm wild about this, esp. since I have lunch there. I hope Cipriani's isn't ruined now... :mad: I know my other lunch spots in Grand Central like La Fonda del Sol are safe based on where they're located luckily. And to think that GC is already mobbed w/tourists already. It'll be 10 times worse now... :cry: :tdown: The business professionals like myself there in Midtown need some sort of sanity during our lunch breaks and I hope Grand Central still maintains it's character and elegance.

as long as they dont have to move the transit museum store to do it...

As far as I know the space entirely absorbs the mezzanine of the main building, not the underground concourses (where the restaurants, transit museum store and other small shops and foodie places are).

This thread should be moved to the MNR forum not NYC Subway but anyways...

SCREW APPLE and its MACINTOSH!!

When is Microsoft gonna open its MSFT Stores in NEW YORK to eat them Apple fans!!!???

BTW isn't it that some other company owns GCT, but not the (MTA). TDR Ventures? If so, shouldnt they be getting the money?

Microsoft software is in practically everything, just go to a best buy or other place that carries electronics stuff. there's no need for a specialized store.

Yeah, but pretty much they wanna compete with Apple stores. They already have a few in AZ/CA.

I've nothing against Apple but I feel they're simply able to sell anything just because its got the name and reputation...

Yes, those somewhat overpriced computers... I know a lot of graphic artists use them but I won't bother to ask why.

Microsoft, they don't really need a store, they practically dominate in the PC industry and are pretty much making a fortune off video games.

I've nothing against Apple but I feel they're simply able to sell anything just because its got the name and reputation...

Yes, those somewhat overpriced computers... I know a lot of graphic artists use them but I won't bother to ask why.

Microsoft, they don't really need a store, they practically dominate in the PC industry and are pretty much making a fortune off video games.

Imagine that... We actually agree on something, several points this time... ;)

Eh, they may look nice, but those iMacs quickly become out of date once the next batch of computer parts comes out and there's usually not much you can do with your computer after that but keep it/trash it.

Not only that, but I think they're built like sh*t and overpriced to boot. I've used a few of their laptops at one of my old part-time jobs where many of the staff members were bonkers about Macs (particularly the IT guy who was a Mac geek) and I wasn't exactly all that impressed. ;) That and the fact they're Made in China keeps me far away from buying one. :eek:

Commuter: Excuse me

Apple fanboy: No

Commuter: I need to get to my train!

Apple fanboy: I'M NOT LOSING MY SPOT TO GET THE NEW IPHONE!

Now if I were the commuter...

Commuter: *Pushes right on through knocking over fanboy* ;)

Not only that, but I think they're built like sh*t and overpriced to boot. I've used a few of their laptops at one of my old part-time jobs where many of the staff members were bonkers about Macs (particularly the IT guy who was a Mac geek) and I wasn't exactly all that impressed. ;) That and the fact they're Made in China keeps me far away from buying one. :eek:

Lmao don't let an Apple fanboy hear you say that

Any computer that can handle Photoshop/Illustrator/Adobe After Effects/Toon Boom Studio/Sony Vegas is fine in my book

Guest lance25
now the station will be filled with hipsters and geeks.

...and that's different from the hordes of tourists/commuters who frequent the station on a daily basis how?

Archived