Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's so messed up no mta pass and the pay stays the same for years. if you look at what I posted  a few days ago with the old letter from 2011 the pay was $17.8450.[/size]

Bad enough the pay offered for PT is low but, when I read the parts about no benefits AND no pass that was a definite deal breaker. Like a few folks have already stated, the PT position may be ideal for some individuals who have certain lifestyle situations and if they absolutely need to accept it whether I agree or not who am I to judge? However, to accept it just to start working early isn't worth it. it's definitely not an appealing or beneficial offer.

I don't even want the job anymore. If I have to deal with the politics and B.S. before I even get the job, I might as well stay where I am. ( approaching 20 years ). Best wishes to everyone who'll stick it out.

The process sure can be EXTREMELY frustrating at times and like you said all this even before you even get sworn in. it sounds like you've made up your mind in regards to this process although I feel you have to be a strong individual to be approaching 20 yrs of service with your employer. From what family members and friends have told me the politics at the USPS can get critical also. Best of luck in whatever decision you make.

The process sure can be EXTREMELY frustrating at times and like you said all this even before you even get sworn in. it sounds like you've made up your mind in regards to this process although I feel you have to be a strong individual to be approaching 20 yrs of service with your employer. From what family members and friends have told me the politics at the USPS can get critical also. Best of luck in whatever decision you make.

yeah, you're right. I made an impulsive comment based on the process of this cold process taking so long. your friends and family are absolutely correct about the USPS. this place is gotten progressively worse over the past 5 years.. so on that note, I'll play the wait and see game.

Bus Operator Applicants - Exam No. 2301

Thank you for filing for Exam 2301, MTA Bus Company Bus Operator. Please take a moment and read the important information below.Random Numbers Applications have been processed and by now, most of you should have received your random number notification letters in the mail. If you have not received your random number, please come to the MTA Exam Information Center located in the Lobby of 180 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201 between the hours of 9 AM – 3 PM, Mondays through Fridays.Bus Operator Selection Survey (UPDATED)Most candidates who took the Bus Operator Selection Survey (BOSS) between July 2012 and January 2013 should have received their Notice of Result letters by now. We are still mailing these letters to some candidates. If you took the BOSS and did not receive a letter by the end of May 2013, please call (347) 643-7221 or 7222.Results for candidates who took BOSS between January 2013 and May 2013 are in the process of being mailed out – please allow until the end of August 2013 to receive your results.The next round of candidates will be scheduled to take the BOSS between September / October 2013. We anticipate reaching all random numbers from this exam by the end of the year.Please check back for more specific information by the end of August.List Establishment (UPDATED)The eligible list for this exam has not been established as of yet. When it is established, it will remain active for a period of up to four years. We anticipate that the list for this exam will be established during this summer.Part-time Bus Operator Positions (UPDATED)MTA Bus Company has a need to fill part-time Bus Operator positions. Candidates who took BOSS between July 2012 and January 2013 and were selected should receive a letter in the mail within the next two weeks. Candidates who have yet to take BOSS will be given this letter when they report to take BOSS.We are still currently processing the letters received from individuals who are interested in this opportunity.PLEASE NOTE:You are responsible for keeping your address up to date. Only the address on our file will be used to mail correspondence.Thank you.

Bus Operator Applicants - Exam No. 2301

Thank you for filing for Exam 2301, MTA Bus Company Bus Operator. Please take a moment and read the important information below.Random Numbers Applications have been processed and by now, most of you should have received your random number notification letters in the mail. If you have not received your random number, please come to the MTA Exam Information Center located in the Lobby of 180 Livingston Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201 between the hours of 9 AM – 3 PM, Mondays through Fridays.

Bus Operator Selection Survey (UPDATED)Most candidates who took the Bus Operator Selection Survey (BOSS) between July 2012 and January 2013 should have received their Notice of Result letters by now. We are still mailing these letters to some candidates. If you took the BOSS and did not receive a letter by the end of May 2013, please call (347) 643-7221 or 7222.

Results for candidates who took BOSS between January 2013 and May 2013 are in the process of being mailed out – please allow until the end of August 2013 to receive your results.

The next round of candidates will be scheduled to take the BOSS between September / October 2013. We anticipate reaching all random numbers from this exam by the end of the year.

Please check back for more specific information by the end of August.

List Establishment (UPDATED)The eligible list for this exam has not been established as of yet. When it is established, it will remain active for a period of up to four years. We anticipate that the list for this exam will be established during this summer.Part-time Bus Operator Positions (UPDATED)MTA Bus Company has a need to fill part-time Bus Operator positions. Candidates who took BOSS between July 2012 and January 2013 and were selected should receive a letter in the mail within the next two weeks. Candidates who have yet to take BOSS will be given this letter when they report to take BOSS.We are still currently processing the letters received from individuals who are interested in this opportunity.PLEASE NOTE:You are responsible for keeping your address up to date. Only the address on our file will be used to mail correspondence.Thank you.

Sounds promising for those who have not yet taken the BOSS survey..

Based on the statement: We anticipate reaching all random numbers from this exam by the end of the year it's sounds as though everyone who paid for the exam will at MINIMUM be given the opportunity to get a step further in the process. Now as far as all applicants getting called in for medical and passing or getting called for training by year's end is an entirely different story. At least that's the message I personally received from that posting. In all fairness I have to admit compared to some other titles 2301 is moving along faster than I expected although it may not seem that way for some however....

The waiting for medical dates continue....

CORRECTION:

I intend to type: Now as far as all applicants getting called in for medical and POSSIBLY passing or getting called for training by year's end is an entirely different story. 

Got a letter in the mail today stating that "We reviewed your responses to the Bus Operator Selection Survey and have concluded that we are unable to offer you the position of Bus Operator at this time.

Please be assured that this decision will not preclude you from applying for Bus Operator or any other (MTA) BUS COMPANY positions in the future.

We wish you success with your employment search.

Sincerely,

EXAMINATIONS SECTION"

A bunch of bullshit if I must say,  I took my time and answered every question carefully and rechecked;  answered everyone with plain common sense.  How in the hell they did not select me?  Oh, I know.  I didn't sign up for part time.   I will not ever apply for any of (MTA) Bus again, they can go f$%k themselves.

Wow! What a Thread!

I was reading it all day yesterday.
A lot of Drama here!

Anyway, like I posted in other thread I failed 2013. Took the test on 01/17/13.
Got a letter approx. on 02/05/13.

Gods were fast in my case.

What worries me is that this Saturday I will have another BOSS for 2613.
I just don't want my 2613's 86.25% go down the drain

A bunch of bullshit if I must say,  I took my time and answered every question carefully and rechecked;  answered everyone with plain common sense.  How in the hell they did not select me?  Oh, I know.  I didn't sign up for part time.   I will not ever apply for any of (MTA) Bus again, they can go f$%k themselves.

Same story here... :(

Yep it is bs all they wanted was the money.

MTA create an exam for people to take it and there were a big number that applied.

MTA never had the intentions to hire Bus Operators.

All they wanted is the money and they made big bucks with the outcome of people that applied.

MTA create an exam for people to take it and there were a big number that applied.

All they wanted is the money and they made big bucks with the outcome of people that applied.

Although with the amount of individuals out of work due to the economy and others switching careers both looking for better job security it should have been a huge factor in expecting a karger then usual response. I can agree with the fact that MTA obviously did not expect the amount of applicants that responded and they didn't seem like they were prepared for that volume of applicants with the site crashing end other things I read on this forum. Hopefully they will be better prepared for this in the future.

I can't say hiring was never an intention as on other threads I've seen individuals listing they are going in for final processing I know of 2 that had to appear today for just that. I definitely can't knock how you feel I'm sure something took place for you to have that opinion.

Just curious as to what happened in your experience with this process or what factors are making you feel that way?

I am waiting for the medical is not an issue for me.

I was taking this as a career change from my carpentry job, seem the construction industry is booming again.

I have three friends MTA Bus Operators. They encouraged me to take the BOSS exam.

There is an answer to one of the members here that received a letter from MTA stating they are no longer in need of Bus Operator.

That alone will signal a flag did not intended to hire anyone. If one of your friends was called and processed then maybe for part-time positions.

If not part-time then I congratulate those that are about to become Bus Operator.

Wow, I see now. That is crazy @ the letter. That's the first time I ever heard of anyone receiving a letter like that and i'm sure after such a huge turnout that was one of many that probably went out. Damn, that's really unfortunate because as we know no refunds are issued for those that never get to process.

Wow, I see now. That is crazy @ the letter. That's the first time I ever heard of anyone receiving a letter like that and i'm sure after such a huge turnout that was one of many that probably went out. Damn, that's really unfortunate because as we know no refunds are issued for those that never get to process.

Now you see whats going on and is not fair for MTA create exams if not hiring.

Its the best way for MTA to make money.

No Refund. How about that. There was a big turnout for their pockets.

List Establishment (UPDATED)The eligible list for this exam has not been established as of yet. When it is established, it will remain active for a period of up to four years. We anticipate that the list for this exam will be established during this summer.

This was only posted a week ago. Give it a month or two and it will establish. And the only part time depot is SC. That leaves several other depots that will be full time. Just gotta hang in there..

List Establishment (UPDATED)The eligible list for this exam has not been established as of yet. When it is established, it will remain active for a period of up to four years. We anticipate that the list for this exam will be established during this summer.

This was only posted a week ago. Give it a month or two and it will establish. And the only part time depot is SC. That leaves several other depots that will be full time. Just gotta hang in there..

Ok good, but I haven't received that notice.

I have taken 2301 BOSS July 2012

But I do have the letter waiting for the medical.

Absolutely @ give it a month or two. I saw that updates past and as you know with HR thing's can change from day to day/ week to week which is why I try to stay updated as often as possible.

What I posted is from the MTA exam page regarding our exam. And you received a letter for the medical already? is it for full time?

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Yes it is for full time.

Rather, they had sent me another letter offering for the part-time job.

I also have am Applicant ID Number and the random number.

I was told at time of BOSS test that the list number is your random number.

Huh?

Maybe I read that wrong...

First and foremost, Congratulations on the training.

From what I got: You took the BOSS survey 2301 for MTA Bus with the information of the B/O position being offered as FT. Then you received a letter offering a PT position.

Did you accept the PT offer?

Yes it is for full time.

I also have am Applicant ID Number and the random number.

Nice! Whats your list # if you dont mind me asking?

I am waiting for the medical is not an issue for me.

I was taking this as a career change from my carpentry job, seem the construction industry is booming again.

I have three friends MTA Bus Operators. They encouraged me to take the BOSS exam.

There is an answer to one of the members here that received a letter from MTA stating they are no longer in need of Bus Operator.

That alone will signal a flag did not intended to hire anyone. If one of your friends was called and processed then maybe for part-time positions.

If not part-time then I congratulate those that are about to become Bus Operator.

Now you see whats going on and is not fair for MTA create exams if not hiring.

Its the best way for MTA to make money.

No Refund. How about that. There was a big turnout for their pockets.

Ok good, but I haven't received that notice.

I have taken 2301 BOSS July 2012

But I do have the letter waiting for the medical.

Yes it is for full time.

I also have am Applicant ID Number and the random number.

I'm getting a little confused here Bravo. Which one is it? First you say they're (MTA) is not hiring anyone that they don't give refunds and then you got a letter for FULL TIME and another for PART TIME. That your waiting for medical? First of all most everyone who has taken the 2301 exam and passed received the PART TIME OFFER. Second, they have not finished examining all of the candidates yet nor have they established a list. Third, you're the only one who has reported thus far to receiving a letter offering FULL TIME. For the only one that I know of who has received a letter for FULL TIME you sound pretty disappointed and discouraging from what you previously been writing! I'd also like to ask you EXACTLY to clarify your list number and the exam number your getting these fabulous offers for? and why do you sound so dicouraged? Cheer up!

Archived