Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

Let me ask a simple question.

Exam 2301 was created a BOSS was given, those that passed received the Congrats letter awaiting for medical.

How can the MTA create Exam 2301 give the BOSS and now people waiting for their medical what is the purpose

of exam 3101 when we are still waiting on exam 2301?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me ask a simple question.

Exam 2301 was created a BOSS was given, those that passed received the Congrats letter awaiting for medical.

How can the MTA create Exam 2301 give the BOSS and now people waiting for their medical what is the purpose

of exam 3101 when we are still waiting on exam 2301?

3101 is not the same to 2301......3101 is for OA which is MaBSTOA Bus Operator. OA is under TWU, I believe 2301 or the offering for part timers are for MTA Bus Applicants, which is another agency in MTA.

I guess by now most applicants recieved their letters for PART-TIME positions with the MTA. If you obtained you medicals,cdl class B permits,what's next

If you were offered a Part Time, then most likely they will be calling you in to take a drug test randomly and have you fill out paper works. then if that all becomes successful, You start training for 10 days in the bronx. But that all takes place if you accept the offer and they call you in to take a drug test. But during that 10 day training, on the final day of the testing You must do very well and pass the training in order to consider a position in the dept. But if you dont have your CDL Class B with Passenger Endorsement yet, You will have to go to DMV to pass the Road test to even consider a position. If you have already have a CDL Class B with passenger Endorsement  License, and you pass the last day training, then you are set and I believe they will either place you in a Depot or have you Pick a Depot within the Agency you were hired for and assign you to work with another Driver to learn the routes and etc

So,the next move basically is signing-up with an acredited CDL training company where i can get some training on the roads,then go in to DMV for the road test inorder to be considered by MTA?

Let me rephrase that. If you take the offer, On the day they call you in to take a drug test, and fill out paper works. You must have either your CDL Permit Class B with the proper Endorsement, Or your CDL License. If you have a CDL Permit Class B with the proper endorsement,They will still take you in for the 10 day training class. "that is if you pass the Background and Drug test"....Now lets say you attend to the 10 days training class with MTA which will be 90% on the road and pass on the last day, Now in order to Actually start working and consider a position fully. You must have your CDL Class B license. If you dont on the last day of training and you pass, they will send you to the DMV to take the DMV CDL License Road test. IF you already have a CDL Class B license, then you are all set

Let me rephrase that. If you take the offer, On the day they call you in to take a drug test, and fill out paper works. You must have either your CDL Permit Class B with the proper Endorsement, Or your CDL License. If you have a CDL Permit Class B with the proper endorsement,They will still take you in for the 10 day training class. "that is if you pass the Background and Drug test"....Now lets say you attend to the 10 days training class with MTA which will be 90% on the road and pass on the last day, Now in order to Actually start working and consider a position fully. You must have your CDL Class B license. If you dont on the last day of training and you pass, they will send you to the DMV to take the DMV CDL License Road test. IF you already have a CDL Class B license, then you are all set

What about your medical exam. and what comes first drug then medical then 10 day training   - what is the correct order ?

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT COMES FIRST DRUG TEST OR MEDICAL EXAM AND ABOUT HOW LONG IS THE WAIT BETWEEN THEM    THANKS

first you get called for a drug test. then you wait again for a letter to come back for your medical, hopefully before 30 days (I believe it's 30 days). drug tests are only good for 30 days then you have to take it again. once you go for medical, you go through vision, hearing and EKG test then you wait in the waiting area. if everything checks out right, you will then be seen by the HR person and you're given your training start date will be give in along with instructions on what to expect on the first day. they would want you in uniform color on your first day of training. I know you'll also get finger printed and picture ID taken on the same day. You get your ID on the first day of training. hope this helps.

first you get called for a drug test. then you wait again for a letter to come back for your medical, hopefully before 30 days (I believe it's 30 days). drug tests are only good for 30 days then you have to take it again. once you go for medical, you go through vision, hearing and EKG test then you wait in the waiting area. if everything checks out right, you will then be seen by the HR person and you're given your training start date will be give in along with instructions on what to expect on the first day. they would want you in uniform color on your first day of training. I know you'll also get finger printed and picture ID taken on the same day. You get your ID on the first day of training. hope this helps.

Yes, Thats how it goes... I am getting these sources from my father and uncle, since they work for TA... But exactly what CGeorge says thats how it works.

the congrats letter also says "Thank you and we look forward to wseeing you, as MaBSTOA positions become available." I really hope this isn't for the MaBSTOA. The 2301 was for the MTA bus Co, so what is going on?

I am a little confused...If this test is for the MTA Bus co, whay did I get the reply to my B.O.S.S. from the MaBSTOA?

Does Anyone know???

Thanks Bravo!

welcome

keep us updated ok

Does Anyone know???

That's weird but again when I got my letter for part-time position, it also stated they can use list from 2301 for part-time positions without notice.

If you like to work in Manhattan and Bronx is cool the pay scale is the same as 2301

Alright guys some (not all) of you arent sure or at least mistyping and your kind of confusing other ppl first things first what I know for sure is that 2301 (BC) and 3101 (OA) are 2 SEPARATE divisions in the MTA Bus Op that use the same test the BOSS to hire. As for pay BC and TA (which was the 2613 test) have a mixture of TWU ($20.95-$29.95) and ATU ($18.95-$26.95) depots so as you see your pay can differ based on where you pick or placed OA is all TWU.

Now this part is unconfirmed Ive read on here that seeing as OA and BC both use the BOSS those of you that applied for OA 3101 and passed the BC 2301 BOSS wont have to test again theyll just reuse your pass grade which kind of makes sense hence why I wont dismiss it and would also explain why and earlier post said he took 2301 BOSS but got a letter about OA

Archived