Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

That's my point exactly. The only positive is this is only going on with MTA BUS. You don't even get free transportation to go to work. I'm against this, I think everyone deserves work but not in this fashion with MTA. Unless your desperate for a job then wait it out until they call you for FULL TIME

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of people signed that shit today in the room. That makes it bad for full time opportunities. Do you really think if (MTA) has enough PT B/Os they would even consider hiring F/T? I see what they are trying to do. The union should put a stop to this madness!

My uncle took the BOSS this past Tuesday he informed that its 35/hr a week at 17/hr now I didn't clarify if that was guaranteed or it it's like nj transit a cap that your not guaranteed to ever get close to now if its the former (which I highly doubt) then that's not bad now assuming they'd be working full runs (swings and combos included) and not rush hour trippers. As much as I dislike the idea of part time operators I can't exactly fault anyone for accepting it 4 months ago I would've......also just like Dan said its only for Bus company and if it true only Spring Creek that'll leave 5(?) other depots and college point and laguardia have a lot lines which translate to a lot of work

it's so messed up no mta pass and the pay stays the same for years. if you look at what I posted  a few days ago with the old letter from 2011 the pay was $17.8450.

No pay raises, I n fact, its only a part-time job.

Considered to be as per diem employees gets

no benefits

no paid vacations

no medical

no sick days

no vacation days

no personal days

no pay raises

Does it sound like a dream job?

:)

A lot of people signed that shit today in the room.  That makes it bad for full time opportunities.  Do you really think if (MTA) has enough PT B/Os they would even consider hiring F/T? I see what they are trying to do.  The union should put a stop to this madness!

I don't think MTA will be calling for full time positions when they can fill vacancies with part-timers and then laid them off when not needed.

I've been waiting for the medical to no avail instead the part-time job offer.

MTA suppose to be calling people for March and April but it didn't happen.

You might be right about that. Like I said before the people that have been part time for years will get full time first. When they move up 2 more part timers move in. 

That's exactly what's happening.  If they get let's say 15 signatures per test and who knows how many tests are being given before they stop again, once they fill their quota why would they really need F/T.  If they do it will probably be years from if that even happens.  Just my opinion!

Its good for the MTA but not good for candidates applying for the job.

Leads applicants to believe the position is a full time position for later to say I have an opportunity as a part-timer just to fill F/T positions.

If they are looking to hire only P/T then say so. All applicants of 2301 are waiting for the medical which will not occur.

Not fair at all.

FINALLY!!!! I Finally received my congratulations letter for the 2301 BOSS exam! Its not like they just decided to send it to me either... I had spent the last month inquiring about it over the phone! Finally! It

FINALLY!!!! I Finally received my congratulations letter for the 2301 BOSS exam! Its not like they just decided to send it to me either... I had spent the last month inquiring about it over the phone! Finally! It

Congrats..

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait to get started I need to know if there's any place I could go to get sum training and dos and donts for bus operators other then books I need hands on

Yes, Thats how it goes... I am getting these sources from my father and uncle, since they work for TA... But exactly what CGeorge says thats how it works.

Does anyone know where to call to inquire about you boss exam ??

Congrats..

Congrats to all this has deff been a jorney to all hope all goes thru for everyone as we wait on our boss .,, does anyone know how retirement works with mta bus .,, any info in great thanks

Hello guys / gals,

I have a few questions regarding this exam and feel that this is the best place to get the answers I need regarding this process

Now, let me begin by giving a lil history of my process. Applied in August 2011 for exam 2301, then took BOSS exam in October 2012. Most recently, I received a letter stating that the BOSS exam was passed, then I was offered a part time position with MTA Bus. At that time, I also noticed that there was this exam that was being offered specifically for part time applicants (exam 3301) later on this year. Now, heres the questions

1) If one does accept the part time position. will their name be removed from the 2301 list (depsite the letter stating that their list number will remain) due to you having the "choice" to accept or decline ?

2) Why all of a sudden was exam 3301 cancelled ? was it because their was a surplus of applicants that ACCEPTED the offer and there is not a need for more ?? or was it because there was so many applicants that DECLINED the offer, that they totally scratched the idea of even having a Part Time position to begin with ?

3) Does anyone know of which depots are in need of drivers from the MTA Bus list of depots ?

Guess by now everyone is sitting around waiting for results in terms of 2301 part-time Bus operator letters that were sent out recently. What is the update? 

I had received my letter with the part-time offer on April 17.

I did not accept the offer so I didn't send it out. The letter in the bottom has a check box if  you are interested of the part-time position to print and sign your name and send it to its return address.

The pay is not significant to take the job and the union is not with the MTA.

No benefits regarding medical, free bus passes, sick days etc...

It's affiliated with the Amalgamated Transit Union being the School Bus union I think is local union 1181.

Depend on an individual's situation, some may not be working at least this may be a stepping stone for some.

The letter also states you will not lose your place on the list.

MTA has the power to make changes so its a chance im not willing to take.

Like I said, for those without a job this may be your stepping stone and work your way up whenever it become available.

I don't even want the job anymore. If I have to deal with the politics and B.S. before I even get the job, I might as well stay where I am. ( approaching 20 years ). Best wishes to everyone who'll stick it out.

I don't even want the job anymore. If I have to deal with the politics and B.S. before I even get the job, I might as well stay where I am. ( approaching 20 years ). Best wishes to everyone who'll stick it out.

hey just curious  where do you work now ?    

Does anyone happen to have the human resources number to call-in about the BOSS take a few weeks ago? I used to have it but that was when I first came onto the job over 2 years ago. lol This is for someone else inquiring about her position with 2301.

Much appreciated.

Guess by now everyone is sitting around waiting for results in terms of 2301 part-time Bus operator letters that were sent out recently. What is the update?

Pretty much. Those who have already taken the 2301 Boss exam are either waiting to be called for their medical or have completed that and are waiting to finish processing {Getting sworn in, pictures for ID's & fingerprints, given a start date for 7-10 day training}.

has anyone on here been called for full time work ???

I'm new to posting however, I've been reading the threads for some time now and I haven't seen anyone recently post they have been offered or accepted a Full time slot. I'm holding out for FT myself.

Archived