Bus Operator Exam 2301

maxamillion

There was very few ppl this morning at midwood for 2301. It was only 3 ppl in my room. I saw ppl going in with green and white letters also.

Something either tells me the ppl with high list numbers didnt bother coming or is waiting for the other exam for TA.

Also they had a paper there if you wanted to be on the list for the pt b/o @$17 and change with no benefits. I took a ride on the B41 before i went in and talked to the b/o and he said with my list number you might be surprised. We'll see.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bridgeton what was your list #? And they were lots of ppl at Ft Green/Brooklyn Tec infact my letter stated my test time at 9am and my friend time was 12 noon and lots of ppl had high list #

Oh and his letter was white

I actually went to an orientation at Red Hook not so long ago and wanted to go through with it however, their start times for everything does not work for me and coming from the Bronx + looking for parking over there Is a nightmare. But I think they have a good concept and they were nice. And yes they expect you to find work for school bus or access a ride etc. If you tell them you want to work for MTA you will most likely not get into their program (they have a whole bunch hf pre reqs b4 you can even start training)

I was also at BK Tech today and OMG how many times does the proctor have to repeat the instructions?? Not to mention the FIVE flights we had to take for this survey! WHEW! lol  The survey wasn't a surprise for me since i've taken these surveys when applying for jobs., I'm glad this was only 75 ?'s and not like 200 like some companies give you. 

Did anyone sing the P/T BO sheet?  I didn't..  Well good luck to everyone  ;) 

BTW maybe your friend misunderstood  b/c mine specifically said make sure you start at # 1 on your answer sheet and i had no issues with the 75 ?'s whatsoever i tripled checked before i gave it in.

Bridgeton what was your list #? And they were lots of ppl at Ft Green/Brooklyn Tec infact my letter stated my test time at 9am and my friend time was 12 noon and lots of ppl had high list #

Oh and his letter was white

My list #14581. If it doesnt happen im still njt. Had to be there at 9am. The questions was similar to what i took for njt.

What irked me was how they talked to us like idiots...i started to feel like i was actually in school again sittin at that little desk with a test packet lol

If people cannot follow instructions at a test site imagine what will happen in the field.

This is the reason why MTA are giving common sense questions.

75 questions is really not a lot of questions, it is a variation of the same questions put differently.

All taking the BOSS need to watch for that.

Mellow out and relax while answering the questions.

Bravo & RoyalChubsta you both hit the nail on the head!!!!

In Regards to Red Hook On The Road your absolutely correct. I made the mistake of letting them know from the door that I was waiting to be called for medical with MTA and got all the way past the orientation and survey part to the interview then got cut...lesson learned!

Also as far as the BOSS goes I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone when I say this: The boss is plain ole common sense, point blank period! There is nothing to rehearse, prep or study for. This survey is basically a gauge of your personality and psychological state, how you get along with others do you think rationally etc... During the Boss you are instructed verbally SEVERAL times as RoyalChubsta stated and instructed in writing which you actually read along with the procter on how to fill in your bubble sheet and answer each section/ group of questions.

Now hopefully I won't offend anyone because that's definitely not my intention and trust me I am aware that some individuals have actual issues with reading and comprehension if that's the case as an adult by now you know how you personally intake and process information so you know to raise your hand or go to the front and ask for clearer or personal instructions. However, for those that don't have legitimate learning issues and still could not follow instructions one or two things occurred either the procter was special and didn't clearly relay the the instructions {which is possible because their human too but, it should rarely be the case because they do this so often} or the receiving candidate is on the special bus. Especially if they sat there for the entire allotted time confused and did not ask for clarity. Think about it from the employers perspective if you can't follow instructions on a simple survey can they trust that you will follow instructors throughout training and beyond?

Many blessings to all that took the BOSS today may your Hiring process be a speedy and successful one.

Did anyone get told up to 4 months for results?

That is the typical time frame they give everyone for the results list to be established sometimes people get called to begin processing before then it depends on the needs of the bus department your professing for.

@Bridgeton I wish you all the best and hopefully you get what you want...

@ Royal my class comprehension was about 90% accurate except the one guy who kept asking the proctor for the answer, I think he was using reverse psychology caused he asked the same question about 4 different ways, then it was one young lady who finished the test in 7mins...

@ Tash4u: Thank you very much. Fortunately I will be exmpt from taking the BOSS for 2301 or 4600 because I took it back in April for a different list # and because I passed it that's good for a yr. However I've taken the BOSS at least 4x over the year's and have never failed it.

@RTS4Life: So very true. I still raise an eyebrow when I hear someone was unsuccessful at the BOSS. Now during training I can fully understand not being successful because I've been there and its beyond stressful but, the BOSS is a piece of cake compared to the rest of the hiring process. I agree with you it has to be a lack of concentration. Maybe it's just the excitement or anxiety of it all knowing your getting one step closer to gainful employment who knows.

THANK YOU RTS4LIFE SO YOU ONLY TAKE THE BOSS EXAM I WAS EXPECTING QUESTIONS LIKE MATH PROBLEMS OR LOCATIONS OF SITES

You gotta apply for a TA exam if u wanna answer those kinds of questions. Ppl that apply for TA take 2 exams. Civil service, & boss.

Archived