What Long Island Bus service may look like next year

PinePower

My prediction is that Veolia will run every bus as crush loaded as possible. Headways will be lengthened to preserve as many routes as possible. This is what it could look like next year. Perhaps they need to remove some seats for more standee capacity...

N1: Hourly weekdays, no Jamaica, runs from 6am to 9pm

Saturday hourly 9am to 7pm, Sunday, Hourly 10am to 6pm

N2: Eliminated

N4: Weekdays- Rush hour 20 min, other times 30 min, no service between 11pm and 5am

Saturday: 30 min headways 6am to 10pm, Sunday: 30 min headways between 8am and 9pm

N6: Weekdays- Rush hour 15 min, other times 20 min, hourly service between 11pm and 5am

Saturday: 20 min headways 5am to 11pm, Sunday: 30 min headways 7am - 10pm

N8: Eliminated

N14: Eliminated

N15: Weekdays - 30 min service rush hours, 45 min service other times 5am -10pm

Saturday: 45 min service 7am - 10pm, Sunday: 60 min service 9am - 8pm

N16: Weekday only - 30 min service rush hours, 60 min other times 7am - 10pm

N19: Weekday- Hourly 6am - 9pm, Saturday Bi-Hourly 9am - 8pm to Sunrise Mall only No service Sunday

N20: Weekday - Hourly to Hicksville, half hourly to Roslyn (rush hours) 7am - 10pm

Saturday: Hourly 8am - 9pm, Sunday: Hourly to Roslyn only 10am - 7pm

N21: Weekday: Hourly 7am - 10pm, Saturday: Hourly 8am - 9pm, Sunday: Bi-Hourly 10am - 7pm

N22: Weekday: 30 min rush hours, 45 min other times 5am - 11pm, Saturday: 45 min all times 7am - 10pm

Sunday Hourly all times 9am - 9pm

N22A: Hourly rush hour weekdays only

N23: Weekday: Hourly all times 7am - 9pm, Saturday: Hourly 8am - 8pm, Sunday: Bi-Hourly 10am - 6pm

N24: Weekday: 30 min rush hours, 45 min other times, Saturday and Sunday: Hourly

N25: Weekday: Hourly all times 7am - 10pm, Saturday: Bi-Hourly 9am - 7pm, No service Sunday

N26: Eliminated

N27: Weekday: Hourly all times 7am - 9pm, Saturday: 70 min 9am - 8pm, Sunday: Bi-Hourly 10am - 6pm

N31: Eliminated

N32: Weekday: 30 min rush hours, hourly all other times, 6am - 10pm, Saturday and Sunday: Hourly 8am -8pm

N33: Weekday: Hourly all times 7am - 10pm, Saturday: Hourly 8am -9pm, Sunday: 70 min 9am - 8pm

N35: Weekday: 30 min rush hours, 45 min other times 7am - 10pm, Shorten to Roosevelt Field weekends:

50 Min Saturday 8am - 10pm, 70 min Sunday 10am - 6pm

N36: Weekdays only: Bi-Hourly 9am - 6pm

N40/41: Weekdays 20 min rush hours, 30 min other times 5am - 11pm, Saturday: 30 min 6am - 10pm, Sunday: 45 min 8am -9pm

N43: Weekdays: Hourly 7am - 9pm, Saturday: Hourly 8am - 9pm, Sunday: 90 min 10am - 7pm

N45: Weekday rush hours only hourly

N46: Weekday rush hours only hourly

N47: Eliminated

N48/49: Weekday rush hours (to Jericho Quad) 30 min, all other times (Hicksville) hourly 7am - 9pm, Saturday: Hourly 8am - 8pm, Sunday 70 min 9am - 7pm

N50: Eliminate

N51: 2 AM and 2 PM rush hour trips (4 trips weekday only)

N54: eliminate

N55: Weekdays: Hourly 7am - 8pm, Saturday 70 min 8am - 7pm, Sunday 90 min 10am - 6pm

N57: eliminate

N58: 4 AM and 4 PM rush hour trips weekdays only

N62: 2 AM and 2 PM rush hour trips weekdays only

N70/N71/N72: Weekdays 20 min service between HTC and Farmingdale rush hours, 30 min other times 5am - 10pm, Only N71 operates Saturday 45 min 6am - 10pm, N71 to Farmingdale only Sunday 8am - 8pm

N73: eliminate

N74: 3 AM and 3PM rush hour trips weekdays only

N78: eliminate

N79: Weekdays: Hourly all times between Roosevelt Field and Walt Whitman Mall 7am - 9pm, Saturday: Bi-Hourly 8am -8pm, Sunday: Between Roosevelt Field and Hicksville only, Bi-Hourly

N80/81: Weekday Rush Hours only, hourly

So what are your prediections?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my guess, is they will use the MTA doomsday cut plan, not sure if you remember but it was the plan if the MTA had to run LIB with just hte 4 million dollars.

I do sorta remember the plan, I think it had route eliminations of the N1,N2,N19,N25 on weekends, N31,N33,N36,N45,N50,N51,N54,N55,N73,N74,N78,N79,N80,N81

Basically left large areas of Nassau without any bus service.

The cabs would make a killing...:tdown:

I do sorta remember the plan, I think it had route eliminations of the N1,N2,N19,N25 on weekends, N31,N33,N36,N45,N50,N51,N54,N55,N73,N74,N78,N79,N80,N81

would you stop being hmm what is the word a whiney child why don't you stop bitching and moaning about ohh my bus will get cut my bus my bus IT'S PUBLIC TRANSIT NOT MY BUS MY BUS. Stop crying and come up with solutions to make ur bus useful to more ppl make ur bus more than just transporting illegals and try to come up with feasable solutions!!!!!!! That increase ridership if those routes don't change then they DESERVE CUTS!!!!!!!!!! except N54/55,78/79,N25,N19 and N33

would you stop being hmm what is the word a whiney child why don't you stop bitching and moaning about ohh my bus will get cut my bus my bus IT'S PUBLIC TRANSIT NOT MY BUS MY BUS. Stop crying and come up with solutions to make ur bus useful to more ppl make ur bus more than just transporting illegals and try to come up with feasable solutions!!!!!!! That increase ridership if those routes don't change then they DESERVE CUTS!!!!!!!!!! except N54/55,78/79,N25,N19 and N33

The question is will Veolia be able to come up with solutions?

Especially with the limited budget they have to work with. None of "my buses" were on the doomsday list. But I know that the ones I take, N22,N35,and N27 all get packed, and that longer headways will mean me standing against the windshield or getting flagged.

So how can I maintain or improve service on those routes with a limited budget?

Take the N27 for example. The trip time to Glen Cove is too long, and can be shortened by going straight up Glen Cove Rd. Less trip time = less buses. But what about the Roslyn Rd riders? The N23 isnt that far away but is very busy already.

Don't feel like compiling a list right now, but I think there's gonna be MUCH less service that would be retained than what you are predicting....

Sorry to say, but your post there is nothin more than wishful thinking (in other words, you're hoping it won't get worse than that)... especially when you mention preserving routes - which they could care less about, given the amt. of funds (or lack thereof) that'd be used to run the bus system.....

One route I will mention is the N33.... I can almost guarantee that would be eliminated... Veolia aint goin keep payin (tolls) just to have buses travel b/w long beach & far rockaway....

Don't feel like compiling a list right now, but I think there's gonna be MUCH less service that would be retained than what you are predicting....

Sorry to say, but your post there is nothin more than wishful thinking (in other words, you're hoping it won't get worse than that)... especially when you mention preserving routes - which they could care less about, given the amt. of funds (or lack thereof) that'd be used to run the bus system.....

One route I will mention is the N33.... I can almost guarantee that would be eliminated... Veolia aint goin keep payin (tolls) just to have buses travel b/w long beach & far rockaway....

So pretty much the MTA Doomsday Plan with the service reductions I listed on the routes that would be retained.

Nassau will be left with a worse than Suffolk Transit level of service. Pretty much everything would be gone save for the N4,N6,N15,N20,N22,N24,N32,N40/41, and N70/71/72.

Even the N27 may not even survive. Its gonna be fun hearing the bitchin' from those Roslyn snobs who wont be able to get their nannies and landscapers..:eek:

This is what happens when your elected officials think bus service is only with 2.5 million a year.

Suffolk spends 24 Million and Westchester 35 Million, so you're probably right about there being virtually no bus service in Nassau, except for the busiest routes.

The N25 was only going to be eliminated on Sundays, not Saturdays, and you forgot the N57/N58.

Out of those, they would probably restore the N1, N55, N58, and N79, and possibly the N19.

So pretty much the MTA Doomsday Plan with the service reductions I listed on the routes that would be retained.

Nassau will be left with a worse than Suffolk Transit level of service. Pretty much everything would be gone save for the N4,N6,N15,N20,N22,N24,N32,N40/41, and N70/71/72.

Even the N27 may not even survive. Its gonna be fun hearing the bitchin' from those Roslyn snobs who wont be able to get their nannies and landscapers..:eek:

This is what happens when your elected officials think bus service is only with 2.5 million a year.

Suffolk spends 24 Million and Westchester 35 Million, so you're probably right about there being virtually no bus service in Nassau, except for the busiest routes.

The N27 parallels the LIRR and N23, so those "day laborers" would still have a way of getting to work if the N27 was eliminated (not saying it necessarily should be)

Remember, the service cut plan assumed all of Nassau's original subsidy (was it 9M or 7M?) This is 2.5M. More drastic cuts will be needed.

So are $4.5-$6.5 million in cuts going to be needed, or does the reduction in Nassau's funding impact some other source of funding (like the DOT)?

So are $4.5-$6.5 million in cuts going to be needed, or does the reduction in Nassau's funding impact some other source of funding (like the DOT)?

I have a feeling it'll 4.5 to 6.5 million in ADDITION to the MTA's cuts.

They may choose to run all the routes, but with DRASTICALLY cut headways (think the northern suburbs). I think a balance of the two will do.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the N33 was axed, but at least if that happens my mother will have no choice but to put us on the LIRR :cool:

Well technically, there's still a way to get there by local buses: N31/N32 to the N15, though of course, it would take much longer (don't tell your mother see this if you want to stay on the LIRR :( )

The question is will Veolia be able to come up with solutions?

Especially with the limited budget they have to work with. None of "my buses" were on the doomsday list. But I know that the ones I take, N22,N35,and N27 all get packed, and that longer headways will mean me standing against the windshield or getting flagged.

So how can I maintain or improve service on those routes with a limited budget?

Take the N27 for example. The trip time to Glen Cove is too long, and can be shortened by going straight up Glen Cove Rd. Less trip time = less buses. But what about the Roslyn Rd riders? The N23 isnt that far away but is very busy already.

err shitty service = less ridership = high operating costs. Serving the middle of nowhere regardless of service levels = low ridership and high operating costs which pretty much sums up nassau's current bus network.

O please suffolk levels that is not even realistic if it's gonna run that bad its better off being eliminated completely. Most lines are poorly planned and stupidly routed N46 is one of them. N16's baldwin segment and the N8 are nothing short of complete stupidity and the ultimate result of planning FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!! Also the LIRR service west of rockville centre is disconnected and well sad. I do have a new rte that nassau hub bound folk will love planned however it's a surprise. N25 and N16 should swap meaning N25 can have baldwin via rockville centre LIRR. N14 carries air literally. N16 should go to green acres via sunrise hwy.

The N25 was only going to be eliminated on Sundays, not Saturdays, and you forgot the N57/N58.

Out of those, they would probably restore the N1, N55, N58, and N79, and possibly the N19.

The N27 parallels the LIRR and N23, so those "day laborers" would still have a way of getting to work if the N27 was eliminated (not saying it necessarily should be)

DUDE N23 goes to port washington LIRR goes to oyster bay!!!!!!! N27 err if you want speed you WILL NOT use the N27. Here is an example that will make pine power do the dance N27 absorbs N51 except rush hr. Off peak (selected N6 trips) go to roosevelt field. The N27 will gain an express variant which will be an extension of N45 to glen cove BUT after roosevelt field next stop jericho then next stop LIE followed by northern blvd then next stop sea cliff ave via glen cove rd express to lattingtown via glen cove. Now if you want speed use N45 or LIRR N45 bypasses mineola however. N46 loses hempstead goes through Eisenhower county park and stewart ave directly to roosevelt field eliminating the need to go through hempstead many LI folk in areas served by N46 DO NOT go to hempstead and most go to nassau hub area the N46 is useless. N46 will after roosevelt field go express to LIE then harbor hill rd then replaces N28 at rush but off peak bypasses harbor industrial park en rte to sands point via port washington and royslyn LIRR. N45/46 become express cross rtes.

Again hempstead is for the poor therefore only buses serving very poor areas should go to hempstead period hence why N46 doesn't belong there.

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WILL DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! think before you speak.

A busfan for one.

And I think it was pretty obvious I was kidding. Obviously, nobody's going to do that. Maybe somebody in, say Oceanside (since they have to transfer anyway, and the N31/N32 are more frequent than the N33, which sort of makes up for the more circuitous route), but nobody in Long Beach would do that.

1) err shitty service = less ridership = high operating costs.

2) DUDE N23 goes to port washington LIRR goes to oyster bay!!!!!!!

3) Again hempstead is for the poor therefore only buses serving very poor areas should go to hempstead period hence why N46 doesn't belong there.

1) Except that ridership on LIB can't go much lower than its current levels.

2) Yeah, but they're still parallel. It doesn't matter where they ultimately end up.

Is it ideal? No. Will it make trips more inconvenient? Yes. Will it make them impossible to make? No.

3) It's also a transfer point if you haven't noticed. You have the LIRR and a whole bunch of buses. In addition, it lets the people in Hempstead have more choices of places to go.

Plus, most LIB riders are poor or lower-middle class. Maybe they're not as poor as parts of Hempstead, but still. (I don't necessarily disagree with senting the N46 to the RFM, but I think you should take that into account)

Or better yet, don't let checkmate near your mother... :( lol

LMAO!

my predictions (weekday service)... It's not gonna be pretty either...

N1: gone

N2: gone

N4: 30 mins peak, 60 off peak... every other EB run ends at Rockville Ctr.

N6: left alone

N8: gone

N14: gone

N15: 30 mins peak, 60 off peak

N16: gone

...quite honestly, I think they may do some route tinkering w/ the N15/16.... they may kill off the woodfield rd portion (which is close to the w. hempstead branch of the LIRR) & move N15's along hempstead av (that is, between hempstead & rockville centre), and then have the 15 head on down to long beach from there.....

N19: cutback to sunrise mall, runs hourly (peak hours only)

N20: in general, buses every 20 mins peak, hourly off peak

buses to Hicksville run during peak hours only.. all LTD's will be buses to hicksville.... Those college kids that take midday N20 hicksville's are gonna be SOL....

N21: gone

N22: 30 mins peak, 45-60 off peak

....and prepare to see a drastic increase in the amt. of runs that would end up short turning.... i.e., Jamaica to Mineola, Jamaica to RFM, Hicksville to Mineola, Hicksville to RFM.... I think VERY few runs will end up traveling the full distance (Jamaica - Hicksville)

N22A: gone

N23: 60-90 min headways, all day

N24: cutback to Roosevelt field, hourly all day

N25: hourly, all day

N26: gone

N27: hourly, all day

N31: gone

N32: 60-90 min headways, all day

N33: gone

N35: 30 mins peak, 60 off peak

N36: gone

N40/41: peak 20 min headways, 30-45 mins off peak

N43: hourly, all day

N45: 75-90 min service all day

N46: runs hourly (peak hours only)

N47: gone

N48: runs hourly (peak hours only)

N49: 30 mins peak, 60 off peak

N50: gone

N51: 75-90 min service all day

N54: gone

N55: hourly, all day

N57: gone

N58: runs every 40-45 mins, peak hrs. only

N62: gone

N70: gone

N71/72: (each) runs 75-90 mins, all day.... service alternates b/w the two routes; combined service along hempstead tpke approx. every 30-40 mins....

..... and prepare for most N72's to end at Rt. 110; Babylon service EXTREMELY limited...

N73: gone

N74: gone

N78: altered to run b/w Plainview & Jericho Quad (via LIRR Hicksville), runs hourly (peak hours only)

N79: 75 min headways, all day...

N80/81: one will go, one will remain...

-----------------

Discuss.

Well technically, there's still a way to get there by local buses: N31/N32 to the N15, though of course, it would take much longer (don't tell your mother see this if you want to stay on the LIRR :( )

Or better yet, don't let checkmate near your mother... :) lol

ROFL! Don't worry, while the additional ride required to do this would still cost less than taking the LIRR straight to Long Beach, it'd be too much of a hassle for my mother to do... I think. Or maybe I should just have my mom's cousins tag along. Funny, the one time we ever got to take the LIRR instead of the (A) -> N33 when traveling together to Long Beach was when they were visiting us here in New York... B)

N1: gone

N2: gone

N6: 15 mins peak, 20-30 off peak

N8: gone

Why would anyone want to eliminate the N1, and N2, and N8 in succession? I mean, you're getting rid of all the Nassau bus service to Green Acres, and leaving only the Queens buses and the LIRR.

err shitty service = less ridership = high operating costs.

Which is the formula as to why I think more routes would end up gettin Das boot....

Most lines are poorly planned and stupidly routed....

...N25 and N16 should swap meaning N25 can have baldwin via rockville centre LIRR.....

1) I don't think Veolia would go too crazy w/ route extensions....

2) I find it hilarious that you're complaining about LIB's route planners, but you're actually suggesting something that's even more stupid....

DUDE N23 goes to port washington LIRR goes to oyster bay!!!!!!! N27 err if you want speed you WILL NOT use the N27.

1) N27 goes to Glen Cove though...

2) If you're gonna hang your hat on that point (in bold), then on the most basic levels, why even have bus service....

Not sure what point you're tryna make with this snippet/statement...

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WILL DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! think before you speak.

the residents of Nassau county that don't have, own, or have access to a ride outside of public transportation....

Why would anyone want to eliminate the N1, and N2, and N8 in succession? I mean, you're getting rid of all the Nassau bus service to Green Acres, and leaving only the Queens buses and the LIRR.

lmao... that's the point....

In veolia's findings (traffic checkers), they'll see that the majority of the ppl. seeking bus service will be on the Queens end (meaning, the Q5 & Q85)...

Green Acres isn't near that big of a draw, [system-wide]-wise.... Nassau patrons aren't taking buses to the mall, as much as Queens folk are.....

B35, these comments are based on your plans:

N16 has too many NCC students to eliminate. Operate weekday only shuttle service half-hourly Hempstead-NCC-Roosevelt Field

N19: Hourly peak, bi-hourly off peak and Sat, no Sunday

N20: split and fare zones. Peak 20 min Roslyn-Flushing, off peak 45 min Roslyn-Flushing. Hicksville service runs hourly peak and bi-hourly off peak/Saturday. 2 zone boundaries: NYiT and SUNY. $1 surcharge per boundary crossed

N51: eliminate

N48: Eliminate

N48/N49/N78: Turn the N48/49 at Manhattan Dr. Eliminate the N78 completely. Extend one or two N79 peak roundtrips to the county complex if necessary.

N58: Eliminate Kings Pt Rd service, publicize the N25-N58 interlining

N16 has too many NCC students to eliminate. Operate weekday only shuttle service half-hourly Hempstead-NCC-Roosevelt Field

N20: split and fare zones. Peak 20 min Roslyn-Flushing, off peak 45 min Roslyn-Flushing. Hicksville service runs hourly peak and bi-hourly off peak/Saturday. 2 zone boundaries: NYiT and SUNY. $1 surcharge per boundary crossed

N48/N49/N78: Turn the N48/49 at Manhattan Dr. Eliminate the N78 completely. Extend one or two N79 peak roundtrips to the county complex if necessary.

It's not my plan, but a prediction... In other words, I wouldn't actually advocate for any of this to happen (sans what I said about the N6 :P )... but I know what you meant.

Regardless, Thanks for the reply.

N16- fair point... but I can see veolia going the cheap route & running a shuttle b/w NCC & RFM... it'd run similar to brooklyn's B74, except @ a lesser freq....

N19- I can't see every two hrs on that route... that's why I think they may not even bother w/ midday service...

N20- extortion at its finest.... I had to chuckle at that.

would not be surprised if fare zones were to be put on the table, post 2012...

N48 & N51- true, although I can see the 48 going before the 51...

N58- I'll take your word on it, regarding kings pt. rd....

furthermore, If veolia apprises riders on interlines, I would give them props on that note....

N49/N78- where is manhattan dr?

...and yes, having N79's loop around the complex & back up manetto hill, etc. could be another cost-cutting measure

N6: left alone

N15: 30 mins peak, 60 off peak

N16: gone

...quite honestly, I think they may do some route tinkering w/ the N15/16.... they may kill off the woodfield rd portion (which is close to the w. hempstead branch of the LIRR) & move N15's along hempstead av (that is, between hempstead & rockville centre), and then have the 15 head on down to long beach from there.....

N20: in general, buses every 20 mins peak, hourly off peak

buses to Hicksville run during peak hours only.. all LTD's will be buses to hicksville.... Those college kids that take midday N20 hicksville's are gonna be SOL....

N21: gone

N22: 30 mins peak, 45-60 off peak

....and prepare to see a drastic increase in the amt. of runs that would end up short turning.... i.e., Jamaica to Mineola, Jamaica to RFM, Hicksville to Mineola, Hicksville to RFM.... I think VERY few runs will end up traveling the full distance (Jamaica - Hicksville)

N40/41: peak 20 min headways, 30-45 mins off peak

N71/72: (each) runs 75-90 mins, all day.... service alternates b/w the two routes; combined service along hempstead tpke approx. every 30-40 mins....

..... and prepare for most N72's to end at Rt. 110; Babylon service EXTREMELY limited...

-----------------

Discuss.

You're quite the pessimist aren't you. Obviously, we're all hoping none of this comes true. At those headways (30 minutes for the N4, N15, and N71/N72 during rush hours), those buses would probably be crushloaded (even by my standards). :P I wonder if dollar vans will start showing up along those 3 corridors.

At what times do you think the different short-turns would run?

And for the N40/N41, do you mean combined or seperate? If it's like the other cuts you mentioned, it sounds like a combined headway. :eek:

1) ROFL! Don't worry, while the additional ride required to do this would still cost less than taking the LIRR straight to Long Beach, it'd be too much of a hassle for my mother to do... I think. Or maybe I should just have my mom's cousins tag along. Funny, the one time we ever got to take the LIRR instead of the (A) -> N33 when traveling together to Long Beach was when they were visiting us here in New York... :P

2) Why would anyone want to eliminate the N1, and N2, and N8 in succession? I mean, you're getting rid of all the Nassau bus service to Green Acres, and leaving only the Queens buses and the LIRR.

1) I guess what you could do is take the LIRR to Jamaica, and then take the N4 to the N15, but then again the extra cost from Jamaica to Long Beach probably isn't that much more than the bus fare.

2) Actually, I think the LIRR stops further east in Valley Stream.

1) N16 has too many NCC students to eliminate. Operate weekday only shuttle service half-hourly Hempstead-NCC-Roosevelt Field

Well, you might as well just label them as N35 trips if they're only going to Hempstead.

...and yes, having N79's loop around the complex & back up manetto hill, etc. could be another cost-cutting measure

You mean have it serve the current N48/N49 terminal?

Which is the formula as to why I think more routes would end up gettin Das boot....

1) I don't think Veolia would go too crazy w/ route extensions....

2) I find it hilarious that you're complaining about LIB's route planners, but you're actually suggesting something that's even more stupid....

1) N27 goes to Glen Cove though...

2) If you're gonna hang your hat on that point (in bold), then on the most basic levels, why even have bus service....

Not sure what point you're tryna make with this snippet/statement...

the residents of Nassau county that don't have, own, or have access to a ride outside of public transportation....

lmao... that's the point....

In veolia's findings (traffic checkers), they'll see that the majority of the ppl. seeking bus service will be on the Queens end (meaning, the Q5 & Q85)...

Green Acres isn't near that big of a draw, [system-wide]-wise.... Nassau patrons aren't taking buses to the mall, as much as Queens folk are.....

ok this is getting irritating with the negativity fine.

My ideas:

N58/20/21: N20 great neck short trips canned N20 royslyn relabled N20X go via LIE and eat N80 during offpeak. During rush N80 turns into 2 rush hr rtes N20Flyer and N20G one goes via LIE and to royslyn and limited stops to great neck. The N20 flyer super express with stops at glen cove rd and community drive for links with N25. The line goes to little neck then northern blvd closed door. N58 extends to huntington or greenlawn(selected trips) most end at huntington downtown so students gain better access to their college. The N58 bypasses old northern blvd but supplements N20/21 on that segment killing the need for N20 short turns to be local or forcing some buses to be LTD.

N27 loses segment from roosevelt to hempstead and merges with N51 former segment replaced by selected N6 runs or enhanced N35.

N35 extends to LIU via post rd and NYIT.

N16 loses all short turns BUT a new express rte will replace most of their portions and other realigned buses.

N34 M-F only rte 45 min off peak, rush hr = number of former N16 short turns.

N34 goes from oyster bay via rte 106 timed with N58 and N48/49 the rte goes through new cassel then westbury to NCC to westbury blvd BUT express via penninsula blvd to mercy hospital then next stop lynbrook LIRR then to far rockaway via burnside ave and penninsula. The span ends around 8 northbound and 9PM or 10 PM southbound. this N16 change is offset with N6 LTD trips extending to NCC and N27's reroute and N45 and N35 enhancement.

N34 is an express rte in a sense not fare wise but lining wise. Separate schedule will detail all buses from hempstead to NCC and roosevelt field to NCC eliminating confusion.

N16 loses baldwin that part from rockville centre to baldwin will be transfered to N25 N16 reroutes to green acres timed with LIRR rockville centre trains so western nassau has more access to LIRR.

N47 canned N62 reduced to cutaways, N14 axed.

N46 gains additional rush hr service but will lose hempstead reroutes via east meadow ave and stewart via NCC(rush hr selected runs) to roosevelt field then express via glen cove rd to LIE at glen cove for timed links with other rtes at rush the bus goes via royslyn LIRR to replace N28 otherwise main to sands point via port washington(select runs)(most runs end at roslyn) Or to become an express variant of N23. During summer N46 gains 7 day service along with enhanced service then extends to jones beach theatre.

N50 will lose bellmore rerouted to rockville centre or long beach via centennial ave partially replacing N14 gains some rush hr runs that end at rockville centre timed with N15. N24 weekdays only replaces N50 on bellmore ave via merrick.

Interline N36 with other buses at freeport at random 3 runs or less. One possibility is extend it to green acres replacing hewlett parts of N1 N36 can interline with N1 or rerouted N16 or N2.

A gutsy move to strengthen N8 would be extend to SUNY old westbury via jericho tpk or let N2 have it or create new rte for it or allow SL to become open-door along jericho with zone fare. However I really do believe Airtrain needs to extend beyond jamacia to LGA so LIRR ppl can access LGA and avoid LIE. Or let jitney make a rte that goes to LGA directly with a few stops like at roslyn and hicksville area so nassau ppl can use it. Cause express bus from nassau to queens seems literally nuts.

O 3 2 1 ******* rants begin pinepower don't hate me lol

You're quite the pessimist aren't you. Obviously, we're all hoping none of this comes true. At those headways (30 minutes for the N4, N15, and N71/N72 during rush hours), those buses would probably be crushloaded (even by my standards). :P I wonder if dollar vans will start showing up along those 3 corridors.

At what times do you think the different short-turns would run?

And for the N40/N41, do you mean combined or seperate? If it's like the other cuts you mentioned, it sounds like a combined headway. :eek:

lol... if its anywhere I could see dollar van service in Nassau county, it would be b/w south freeport & hempstead.... along any portion of the N15 & along hempstead tpke, forget about it....

The N22 short turns I think would happen throughout the day; wouldn't necessarily be time specific....

With the N40/41, that would be each/separate..... they'd be scheduled to run almost right behind each other too.....

You mean have it serve the current N48/N49 terminal?

Nah...

"the complex" = the plainview complex (which is where the N78 ends)...

the N48/49 ends up there @ Jericho Quad...

In that particular reply, I was sayin that EB N79's could pan towards the plainview complex first, then swing back to manetto hill rd, etc. en route to walt whitman.....

ok this is getting irritating with the negativity fine.

My ideas:

**His ideas**

You speaking about something irritating... some coincidence huh...

Anyway, I don't have to address any of these particular ideas.... What I will say is, cutting a few routes and extending others elsewhere doesn't cut costs... if anything, what you're suggesting would end up costing more money....

What I'd like for Nassau county bus service-wise, and what I think will end up happening out there, are two totally different things.....

Archived