Low V's Running For the Yankee Games

dman1455

Also providing Yankee fans with a little pre-game fun, the four-car "Nostalgia Special" is scheduled to leave 42 Street-Grand Central approximately one hour before game time for all three games. For Friday, the train will be leaving Grand Central on the uptown side, 4 Line around 7:15PM, making stops at 59th, 86th, 125th, 138th/Grand Concourse, 149th Street/Grand Concourse and 161st St/Yankee Stadium.

Full Link: http://mta.info/news/stories/?story=402

Game 1 is September 30th ( tomorrow )

Game 2 is October 1st

Game 3 is October 6th

Note: I am not a foamer and I am not trying to sound like a foamer but...

Wouldn't it make sense to run some R160s on the (D), since R160s supposedly handle large crowds very effectively? Believe me, I've been on the D right after Yankee games the the 68s are bunched up to the point where you wouldn't be able to get out of your seat

Wouldn't it make sense to run some R160s on the (D), since R160s supposedly handle large crowds very effectively? Believe me, I've been on the D right after Yankee games the the 68s are bunched up to the point where you wouldn't be able to get out of your seat

Not sure what that has to do with the Low V's running on the (4) line...

No, since R160s are not assigned to CCyd (which is where post game baseball specials originate).

Reassigning them would not make sense because they are needed elsewhere, and baseball specials are a seasonal, special service.

Besides, when baseball specials are loaded in stations, plenty of time is left for people to enter and exit. The primary advantage of the R160s in terms of crowding is a better door to train length ratio which allows for FASTER boarding/detraining at busy stations on short headways (aka Queens Blvd expresses). The D never deals with tight enough headways for that to be completely necessary.

I just realized that the Nostalgia Train is on October 23, the same day as Game #4 of the World Series.

Does anyone have any thoughts about what's going to happen that day? Is there still going to be a "Nostalgia Special" for the Yankees game too?

I just realized that the Nostalgia Train is on October 23, the same day as Game #4 of the World Series.

Does anyone have any thoughts about what's going to happen that day? Is there still going to be a "Nostalgia Special" for the Yankees game too?

Uh, the Yankees have to win the ALDS & ALCS first to get to the WS... also if the AL won the All star game this year (I forgot) game 4 would be in a NL stadium so this won't be a issue anyway.

Uh, the Yankees have to win the ALDS & ALCS first to get to the WS... also if the AL won the All star game this year (I forgot) game 4 would be in a NL stadium so this won't be a issue anyway.

The NL did win the ASG so game #4 would be in Yankee Stadium(if the team gets there)or ballpark of the AL champion.

The NL did win the ASG so game #4 would be in Yankee Stadium(if the team gets there)or ballpark of the AL champion.

Ok, thanks. Gonna be intresting to see how they handle it.

New York Yankees, 2011 world champions!

*Trying to mimic Bernie Mac in the 2003 NLCS... he was a White Sox fan so you get the idea, hehe* :(

The NL won the ASG this year. If the Yankees went to the WS, it would be Game 3, 4, & 5.

Archived