Train Operator Exam # 8098

Den

Good Man btw if you can start getting friendly with people on line with you good chance they will become your classmates. You will need each other during Schoolcar.

That's my plan. Along with, as I posted in another thread, entering Schoolcar with the I-know-nothing mentality. It'll be like being an EMS rookie, all over again.

Mediccjh what list# are you

It's been listed NUMEROUS times in this thread.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I posted this before please forgive me - but O need to have my mind cleared. There are 3 issues worrying me right now:

1 In early 1998 when I was 19 I smoked a cigarette on the platform at 74 St - I didn't know it was illegal and was given a $50 by a Transit police officer - which I paid off almost immediately! To date - my only "run-in" with the law

2. I cannot remember every single job I had between 2002 & early 2005 (mainly temp jobs)

3. The only job I was "fired" from was a telemarketing job in 2004 sine my "sales per hour rate" was too low. In other words, I did a bad job of convincing Verizon customers to upgrade service.

Those are the only 3 issues worrying me - I pray to God neither what I mentioned above nor anything else keeps me from being hired by the TA.

Edited by SubwayRat1978

Would anybody that's been through the process be able to tell me if they will let us know if we're gonna be hired the day of the pre-interview/medical or will they tell us to come back at a later date? Also will they give us that date to come back when were done with the medical or will they tell us to wait on another letter in the mail?

If I posted this before please forgive me - but O need to have my mind cleared. There are 3 issues worrying me right now:

1 when I was 19 I smoked a cigarette on the platform at 74 St - I didn't know it was illegal and was given a $50 by a Transit police officer - which I paid off almost immediately! To date - my only "run-in" with the law

2. I cannot remember every single job I had between 2002 & early 2005 (mainly temp jobs)

3. The only job I was "fired" from was a telemarketing job in 2004 sine my "sales per hour rate" was too low. In other words, I did a bad job of convincing Verizon customers to upgrade service.

Those are the only 3 issues worrying me - I pray to God neither what I mentioned above nor anything else keeps me from being hired by the TA.

It was a Transit ticket, it will show up at the Transit Adjudication Bureau in the Borough Hall area of Brooklyn. Go there to get the info. If it shows up, you have to report it because obviously it's Transit. If I'm not mistaken, the summonses only show up for 10 or 13 years. After that, there would be no record, unless you never paid it, but you say you did.

I have a question. Is it possible to complete the the hiring process in 1 day (Drug, medical, hearing and the interview to go over your final paperwork and get sworn in)?

No. It doesn't work that way. The drug test is day one. When they call you in for the physical everything else is done.

1 In early 1998 when I was 19 I smoked a cigarette on the platform at 74 St - I didn't know it was illegal and was given a $50 by a Transit police officer - which I paid off almost immediately! To date - my only "run-in" with the law

I don't see why any of these would be an issue. Your $50 ticket sound more like a violation than a misdeamor which sound not be all that serious. Just make sure you list all 3 of these in your background booklet.

I don't see why any of these would be an issue. Your $50 ticket sound more like a violation than a misdeamor which sound not be all that serious. Just make sure you list all 3 of these in your background booklet.

It is a violation and not a misdemeanor, but it is a violation with Transit. Lying about it is employment suicide.

I can't imagine they are over critical of getting exact hire and release dates 100% are they? How far back do they go? Do they want salary and job description as well? Would it make sense for me to get a transcript from SS of my entire work history?

Based on the pre interview booklet that they send with the letter they go back 10yrs. I of course don't remember exact hire dates so I just list the month/year. Yes they do need salary and job description.

Hello all, I'm new to the forum. Congrats to all that have gotten the letter to report and good luck. Hopefully I will recieve some good news soon as well and see you all in schoolcar. I am nervous of the process though, like a couple of others have posted, I too have had my run ins with the law in my past when I was about 18. Although my work experiences have been pretty concrete since the age of 22, I just hope my younger years are not held against me. I've been an EMT since 1998 and held my first EMS job for 8 years, and a couple of others for 3+ years.

I'm in the top 500's so (fingers crossed) I make it into the December class. Really need the change and eager to learn. If any seniors have any advice or feedback on if my history will hurt me or not will be appreciated.

Would anybody that's been through the process be able to tell me if they will let us know if we're gonna be hired the day of the pre-interview/medical or will they tell us to come back at a later date? Also will they give us that date to come back when were done with the medical or will they tell us to wait on another letter in the mail?

If you get called in for the medical, you are hired. They will swear you in that day and at a later date will call you to tell you when to report.

It was a Transit ticket, it will show up at the Transit Adjudication Bureau in the Borough Hall area of Brooklyn. Go there to get the info. If it shows up, you have to report it because obviously it's Transit. If I'm not mistaken, the summonses only show up for 10 or 13 years. After that, there would be no record, unless you never paid it, but you say you did.

Yes, I did pay it immediately. I was only 19; had I known it was illegal to smoke on a subway platform I never would've lit up, honest to God! I did quit tobacco over 80 days ago - but now it looks like I will have to get that straightened out with TAB, along with my eye exam tomorrow!

Not sure, but from what I understand it is a 50/50 chance. I've been told that the O/C list can go fast between the ppl listed that do not respond and the ones that are disqualified. As well as all those that decide that they can't do the job for whatever reason.

had I known it was illegal to smoke on a subway platform I never would've lit up, honest to God!

You don't need to convince me of anything. Look up the address for the Transit adjudication bureau, then go in without weapons, they have a metal detector and ask for your summons history. You will have to come back a week later to get it. Report to Transit whatever shows up.